MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR

G-Force said:
So Whitner was more questionable than a player from the college that has put more busts out than anyone(Tenn) and didn't play his senior year because of a dislocated hip?

wow, you cant read...

Rich22 said:
Very big blow if Spikes is out - I remember his first year the Sun night game against Miami he was featured on pre game and was shooting his mouth off about how they were going to dominate Miami. He got lit up that game and did nothing. Very good LB though when he is not running his mouth.

That was an awesome game. Ricky had 43 carries for 200+ yards. I remember enjoying that game to the fullest. I don't like the Fins having night games at home early in the year however. The reason being is it's not as hot at night. The hotter, the better for the Fins.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
That was an awesome game. Ricky had 43 carries for 200+ yards. I remember enjoying that game to the fullest. I don't like the Fins having night games at home early in the year however. The reason being is it's not as hot at night. The hotter, the better for the Fins.

Ricky only had like 130. his average was under 4ypc.

It was one of the most physical football games I have seen.

G-Force said:
So Whitner was more questionable than a player from the college that has put more busts out than anyone(Tenn) and didn't play his senior year because of a dislocated hip?

Where did I say that? I said the Bills had the #8 pick compared to us at #16. I didn't compare Allen to Whitner. The fact they picked in the top 10 better yield them a starter especially on a rebuilding team. What was quetionnable was who they picked at that spot - and that came from about every analyst covering the draft. IMO they should have picked up Leinhart - their #1 need - I just think he was about as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft. I wouldn't even attempt to question Saban for picking a secondary guy - how could you? That is his strength and expertise. Are you saying you think that was a bad pick? Wouldn't you think Saban knows a bit more about what type of player Allen is and what he wants in his system than you? Just cause he ain't starting does not make him a bad player - he got rave reviews in camp for being all over the field - to question a secondary guy Saban targeted as his #1 pick after week 1 ofhis rook year is crazy.

Rich22 said:
Where did I say that? I said the Bills had the #8 pick compared to us at #16. I didn't compare Allen to Whitner. The fact they picked in the top 10 better yield them a starter especially on a rebuilding team. What was quetionnable was who they picked at that spot - and that came from about every analyst covering the draft. IMO they should have picked up Leinhart - their #1 need - I just think he was about as close to a sure thing as there was in the draft. I wouldn't even attempt to question Saban for picking a secondary guy - how could you? That is his strength and expertise. Are you saying you think that was a bad pick? Wouldn't you think Saban knows a bit more about what type of player Allen is and what he wants in his system than you? Just cause he ain't starting does not make him a bad player - he got rave reviews in camp for being all over the field - to question a secondary guy Saban targeted as his #1 pick after week 1 ofhis rook year is crazy.

Kiper of ESPN and Mayock of NFL Network liked the Bills pick of Whitner. They didnt like the McCargo pick though.

Mayock actually did a mock draft right before the draft and predicted the Bills would pick Whitner.

What made the Bills 1st round so shocking, it was the McCargo pick. Whitner was a guy that was going up draft boards during draft week. He was slotted anywhere from 11-16 before that week. Bills didnt want to lose him in a trade down.

Nappy Roots said:
wow, you cant read...

no, he can read, he just lacks reading comprehension skills.. haha

Leinart

leinart-1.jpg

Leinhart

clear.gif

Thank you Google images.

And learning how to spell marquee player's names.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Ricky didn't hit 200 that game.

ckparrothead said:
Well it's rather simple. Two rookie safeties in the Tampa Two.

RUN the BALL.

They're going to play their Tampa Two all day, keeping it simple for the rookies by just having them maintain coverage over top. They won't get cute with them by having one of them come into the box and disguising all their coverages, etc.

So what do you do? RUN the BALL.

I never thought I'd have to implore Mike Mularkey of all people to run the ball more.

Knowing Mularkey, you'll pass it 40+ times this game.

DaBills4life said:
McCargo is a 3 technique DT and he isnt better than Larry Tripplet, but he plays alot. Kyle Williams on the other hand is the best NT we have on the team and he plays over the center in our defense.

At times we had both rookies playing against NE's veteran OL. Add that to 2 rookie safties and a rookie OLB, we had 5 out 7 players up the middle playing as rookies, Fletcher and Crowell were the only Vet's.

Miami should be able to take adantage with Ronnie Brown, but Miami's OL isnt NE's OL, and NE's OL couldnt block our DL against the pass.

Phins OL are better pass protectors than the Pats OL at the moment...Pats are way better at run blocking.

Will be interesting. I had a revelation though. Bad opponent. If history shows us anything, what does Daunte do? Dominates the he|| out of bad opponents.

DaBills4life said:
Kiper of ESPN and Mayock of NFL Network liked the Bills pick of Whitner. They didnt like the McCargo pick though.

Mayock actually did a mock draft right before the draft and predicted the Bills would pick Whitner.

What made the Bills 1st round so shocking, it was the McCargo pick. Whitner was a guy that was going up draft boards during draft week. He was slotted anywhere from 11-16 before that week. Bills didnt want to lose him in a trade down.

I liked Whitner a lot. He should be a solid pro.

Sure he was moving up the charts but he was slotted to go anywhere from 16on down to an early third round pick. He was an absulutely SHOCKING PICK!! So was McCargo but none the less, both should be on the pro football field...

Back
Top Bottom