MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Looks like the Bills will have 2 rookies in the secondary/Vincent on IR

DaBills4life said:
Ricky only had like 130. his average was under 4ypc.

It was one of the most physical football games I have seen.

IMO that is the best I have ever seen a runningback play. Ricky did not have any holes until the fourth quarter

DaBills4life said:
Kiper of ESPN and Mayock of NFL Network liked the Bills pick of Whitner. They didnt like the McCargo pick though.

Mayock actually did a mock draft right before the draft and predicted the Bills would pick Whitner.

What made the Bills 1st round so shocking, it was the McCargo pick. Whitner was a guy that was going up draft boards during draft week. He was slotted anywhere from 11-16 before that week. Bills didnt want to lose him in a trade down.

Myself I just felt the Bills needed more defensive line help. There where two great looking defensive linemen there and the quality drop between these defensive linemen and the safties availabe was much higher in my opinion.

Rich22 said:
Very big blow if Spikes is out - I remember his first year the Sun night game against Miami he was featured on pre game and was shooting his mouth off about how they were going to dominate Miami. He got lit up that game and did nothing. Very good LB though when he is not running his mouth.

As for the Bills' draft - they had the 8th overall compared to our #16. Big difference. Whitner was viewed as a very questionable pick that high. Let the season play out for he is judged so highly. Also, why the hell didn't they pick up Leinhart? That IMO was a huge mistake for them. A reach at safety or a NFL ready QB - no brainer but then again when you have an 85 year old GM and an 88 year old owner running the show what do you expect - oh I forgot you have Dick Jauron as coach. Opera Man is not going to get the job done - no way!

I think Spikes had an interception in that game and almost ran it all the way back. Bledsoe lost the game keying in on Moulds, triple covered. Interception...end zone.

Leinhart would'nt be able to throw in Buffalo's weather. He would'nt be happy there anyway. Why draft a guy who will leave his 1st chance.

As for Levy, he may be in his 80's, but he's as sharp as a tack. This draft he had 5 of his picks on the field against a superior opponent and they held their own. It could have been 6, but Ashton Youboty missed a lot of camp time because of the death of his mother.

Time will tell with the 06 draft.

Both Simpson and Youboty were slated to go low 1st to 2nd on many draft boards, and would have been 1st round picks in 07.

They both came out early which dropped their stock.

Jauron had a raw deal in Chicago with a new GM looking to get him out, purposely shredding his roster. Still he made coach of the year against those odds. He is respected by his peers and those who play for him.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Myself I just felt the Bills needed more defensive line help. There where two great looking defensive linemen there and the quality drop between these defensive linemen and the safties availabe was much higher in my opinion.

True, Ngata is the starter for the Ravens. This is a case where an arguement can be made for "size does matter". He was quick too, as well as large.

The Bills have smaller quiker players on the D line. The rookies will bulk up some though.

Still, after I got over my initial shock of the Whitner pick, I warmed up to it.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:

Everyone felt the Bills needed DL help, but they seriously needed Saftey help also.

As it turns out, the Bills lucked out "so far" with 5th round pick DT Kyle Williams. There was not another SS in the draft comparable to Whitner.

Huff and Allen are more FS type players, and it also looks like the Bills lucked out "so far" with Ko Simpson.

As it is right now, the only worry in my mind is if Losman will become a consistently good QB. If he does, then the Bills taking Whitner will not be an issue, but if he doesnt, passing on Cutler and Leinart will be a huge mistake by the Bills if they turn into stars. Whitner, even is he is the next Ronnie Lott, cant compare to a probowl quality QB.

So thats what Im worried about. Losman, I must say, has been preety good throughout preseason and in his 1st game "so far". So, we will see how it goes.

wow two rookies and then if spikes isnt playing.we should have this game in the bag

ckparrothead said:
Will be interesting. I had a revelation though. Bad opponent. If history shows us anything, what does Daunte do? Dominates the he|| out of bad opponents.

Where'd you get that? Theres your problem, you think The Phins are better than the Bills....the fins and the Bills are in the same boat...have been for years.....constant mediocrity.

You can start calling teams bad when you knock off the champs without there starting QB, and you're coming off a playoff year...untill then you're a "rest of the pack" kinda team....

Great teams, superbowl caliber teams, win last thursday.....and their "elite" QB aren't the reason they lost.....

Whitner and Simpson played 3 1/2 quarters last week. When Vincent was in he missed some easy tackles. Not worried...although I do expect some rookie mistakes.

Whitner20 said:
Where'd you get that? Theres your problem, you think The Phins are better than the Bills....the fins and the Bills are in the same boat...have been for years.....constant mediocrity.

You can start calling teams bad when you knock off the champs without there starting QB, and you're coming off a playoff year...untill then you're a "rest of the pack" kinda team....

Great teams, superbowl caliber teams, win last thursday.....and their "elite" QB aren't the reason they lost.....

Ummm you do know that Billy went 5-11 last year right? The most recent history says they suck, and until Billy improves on that, they're not a "rest of the pack" kinda team whatsoever.

If you check the last ten years (I'll be nice and stop there) you'll see that there is a big difference. Not at all in the same boat. Sure both teams are behind the yacht when it comes to winning it all, but the Billy boat is riding quite a ways behind Flippers.....

Once again, allow me to repeat. His name is Matt Leinart....not Matt Lienhart.

Could somebody get these Bills fans hooked on phonics?

jason8er said:
I saw alot of Ko here in South Carolina. He will be a player for you guys sooner than later.

he was very good at USC two years ago, but i thought he regressed noticeably last year. he should've stayed in school one more year. his draft stock fell because of that, though i think as a fourth rounder, Buffalo got a bargain.

CharlestonPhan said:
he was very good at USC two years ago, but i thought he regressed noticeably last year. he should've stayed in school one more year. his draft stock fell because of that, though i think as a fourth rounder, Buffalo got a bargain.

Well, either he stays another year in college and plays and learns, or he does it in the NFL now. It's better for our franchise he does it in the NFL, makes more sense.

Back
Top Bottom