Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

David Carr, Rick Mirrer...this list goes on and on and on and on.

On the flipside, not many were talking about Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees..... Dan Marino for that matter. THAT'S the QB I want.

For every Peyton Manning, there are 3 Top Tier QB's that not many believe in.

In the last 2 years, he has played against two decent defenses, both of which were last year (Pac10 Defenses SUCK folks), and he had one very good game in the Orange Bowl, and one not so good game against Notre Dame.

He looks polished, and has a very good arm, but once again, he is a College Top-tier going against good high school caliber defenses....

Exactly, which again should remind everyone, as good as Luck has looked, he is not a 100% slam dunk.

So did Marino what? Say that sucking for Marino was bad?

Do you even know any of the history behind Marino?
Do you have any evidence to back up what you are protracting?

Marino said Suck For Luck sucks....well documented.

But then he also softened his stance later: "I don't think you can do that,'' he says. "But it'd be a nice option, wouldn't it? I'm not saying I'd go out and do it, but if he's as good as advertised, he'd be your solution for 10 or 12 years."

Anyway, "The One" part was a joke. Marino said it, then Luck said it.

David Carr, Rick Mirrer...this list goes on and on and on and on.

On the flipside, not many were talking about Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees..... Dan Marino for that matter. THAT'S the QB I want.

For every Peyton Manning, there are 3 Top Tier QB's that not many believe in.

In the last 2 years, he has played against two decent defenses, both of which were last year (Pac10 Defenses SUCK folks), and he had one very good game in the Orange Bowl, and one not so good game against Notre Dame.

He looks polished, and has a very good arm, but once again, he is a College Top-tier going against good high school caliber defenses....

Wrong list. Those guys were supposed to be good QB's, but they weren't billed as once-in-a-lifetimers. Lucks list has Peyton, Aikman, Elway & Testeverde on it. I like those odds.

Wrong list. Those guys were supposed to be good QB's, but they weren't billed as once-in-a-lifetimers. Lucks list has Peyton, Aikman, Elway & Testeverde on it. I like those odds.

Really? Based on what exactly?

Actually all those guys were absolute, can't miss, franchise QB's

Rick Mirer was supposed to be the next coming of Joe Montana for god's sake, and he played against better defenses in College.

Have you actually seen Andrew Luck outside of last year's Orange bowl?

Really? Based on what exactly?

Actually all those guys were absolute, can't miss, franchise QB's

Rick Mirer was supposed to be the next coming of Joe Montana for god's sake, and he played against better defenses in College.

Have you actually seen Andrew Luck outside of last year's Orange bowl?

I've watched & read everything I can possibly find on the kid. However, I am by no means qualified to say he'll be good or bad...but all the people who are qualified say he is can't miss. Even highly touted QB's, like Mirer, had parts of their game scrutinized(leadership/work ethic). There is nothing on Luck as of now. The only game he has struggled in he got hot in the second half and won the game with his arm ( vs ASU). No, he hasn't played the '85 Bears week in & week out...but this is college. They ALL play some lousy defenses. Even in the SEC, it's more about the running game than it is the passing game. SURELY you're not going to tell me Mirer & the Irish played a tough schedule right? Of course not, but regardless scouts need to evaluate whats given to them. Bledsoe was more of the can't miss player that year, and he had a decent career. Mirer had a pretty good team around him at ND. 4 first rounders actually (of course I looked it up!), one of them being Jerome Bettis. Luck doesn't have a superstar cast around him, but he is making them look like they are.

hey kdawg...i hope you didn't choke on your chicken wings at the sports bar watching this one tonight...

Back
Top Bottom