Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

We're not going to end up with the 1st overall pick, seriouslt doubt it. Unless Ross tells whoever is GM next year to trade away every draft pick for the next 3yrs to move up and get the first pick, Luck isn't coming to Miami. :(

We might not and the odds might be higher that we dont get him, but we still have as good a shot as any other team to land him and thats all i can ask

In the end, whats going to happen is this. If we are fortunate enough to get the number one pick we will select Andrew Luck. He will put on a dolphins cap and shake the hand of the comish. Miami will welcome him with open arms and cheer for his arrival. Andrew Luck will say all the right things. "I'm glad to be part of this orginization. I am focused solely on winning. I am very happy to be a Miami Dolphin and hope to bring a championship sometime in the future to this city." All of this diatribe going on right now will be forgotten.

If another team is fortunate enough to get the number one pick, the same exact thing will happen but just change the teams name from Dolphins to whomever

You're theory is wrong... ALL of the bad teams have fans saying this. Yes all of them. Wanna know who is really loud with it? Colts fans. So according to your theory Oliver will demand he not go to: Seattle, KC, Min, Indy, Miami. The only bad team without a SFL fanbase is St Louis. So continuing with this fanbase theory he will be where? NO? Good luck with that.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
The difference with those teams is ownership, which factors in heavily with Oliver's influence.

While we'll have a pretty bad record, after watching the colts, Rams, Vikings, Jags & KC, we are going to have a hard time getting the top pick. We have just enough talent to overcome the holes and horrible coaching in enough games to maybe get a top 5 pick. The Colts suspiciously look like winless Lions a few years ago.I know Manning is the main piece to their team, but you can't go from a good playoff team to near winless team in less than a year unless others in your franchise are giving up or tanking it. The end of their last couple games just look pathetic at best. I don't think we'll get Luck when you have a team like them trying VERY hard at being that bad!

In the end, whats going to happen is this. If we are fortunate enough to get the number one pick we will select Andrew Luck. He will put on a dolphins cap and shake the hand of the comish. Miami will welcome him with open arms and cheer for his arrival. Andrew Luck will say all the right things. "I'm glad to be part of this orginization. I am focused solely on winning. I am very happy to be a Miami Dolphin and hope to bring a championship sometime in the future to this city." All of this diatribe going on right now will be forgotten.

If another team is fortunate enough to get the number one pick, the same exact thing will happen but just change the teams name from Dolphins to whomever

You need to highlight exactly where you read or heard that?????

We currently have a thread where the OP is saying that losing to our most hated rival in forever is better than missing out on Luck?
Seriously? No way no how he want's to come play for such a fanbase. Who would?

Luck is a fantastic draft prospect who may or maynot develop into a great pro QB.

If the guy fizzles at the next level lots of people will have egg on their face.

You never know.

Luck is a fantastic draft prospect who may or maynot develop into a great pro QB.

If the guy fizzles at the next level lots of people will have egg on their face.

You never know.

In all respect brother, there is no way he fizzles.
Jessie Z in Maryland has already proclaimed he is "The One".
He will be shattering records within 5 years of entering he league

You need to highlight exactly where you read or heard that?????

We currently have a thread where the OP is saying that losing to our most hated rival in forever is better than missing out on Luck?
Seriously? No way no how he want's to come play for such a fanbase. Who would?

It's really unbelievable to me. If its towards the end of the season and we're out of it I could see this reasoning. But after 4 games ? And against the fricking Jets ? That's just running up the white flag way to early.

While we'll have a pretty bad record, after watching the colts, Rams, Vikings, Jags & KC, we are going to have a hard time getting the top pick. We have just enough talent to overcome the holes and horrible coaching in enough games to maybe get a top 5 pick. The Colts suspiciously look like winless Lions a few years ago.I know Manning is the main piece to their team, but you can't go from a good playoff team to near winless team in less than a year unless others in your franchise are giving up or tanking it. The end of their last couple games just look pathetic at best. I don't think we'll get Luck when you have a team like them trying VERY hard at being that bad!

Let's add yet another ingredient into this witches brew. Don't underestimate AZ's potential for suckage since Kolb is turning out to be what many of us thought he was.

In all respect brother, there is no way he fizzles.
Jessie Z in Maryland has already proclaimed he is "The One".
He will be shattering records within 5 years of entering he league

guess that settles it :rolleyes2:

The kid looks great that's for sure. Another thread wanted to trade our next 3 1st round picks for him.

Take it from an old guy. THERE ARE NO SURE THINGS IN LIFE . That especially applies to college QB's . See JaMarcus Russell and Tim Couch. Can not miss sure things. You know this.

Let's add yet another ingredient into this witches brew. Don't underestimate AZ's potential for suckage since Kolb is turning out to be what many of us thought he was.

The SUCK line gets even longer.

guess that settles it :rolleyes2:

The kid looks great that's for sure. Another thread wanted to trade our next 3 1st round picks for him.

Take it from an old guy. THERE ARE NO SURE THINGS IN LIFE . That especially applies to college QB's . See JaMarcus Russell and Tim Couch. Can not miss sure things. You know this.

David Carr, Rick Mirrer...this list goes on and on and on and on.

On the flipside, not many were talking about Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees..... Dan Marino for that matter. THAT'S the QB I want.

For every Peyton Manning, there are 3 Top Tier QB's that not many believe in.

In the last 2 years, he has played against two decent defenses, both of which were last year (Pac10 Defenses SUCK folks), and he had one very good game in the Orange Bowl, and one not so good game against Notre Dame.

He looks polished, and has a very good arm, but once again, he is a College Top-tier going against good high school caliber defenses....

Back
Top Bottom