Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

I believe most of the fans are sensible and classy. They root for the Fins to win, understanding the players will play to the best of their capabilities. Those on the dark side rooting for SFL need to pipe down. My hope is that we win the game against NY and we can put all this pipe dream material to rest until after the season. Let show the NFL our team pride during our home games, even if our team lays an egg. We can be sure that there will be changes this year, that much is sure.

No, its the so-called fans that cant handle that other fans have a different vision for whats best for the teams future that need to pipe down. The Suck for Luckers have generally posted optimistic messages. They see a light at the end of the tunnel and speak of brighter futures. The see a potential franchise changer and only seek whats best for the team long term. They didnt start the malicious rhetoric.

Its the arrogant, short-sighted , intolerant "fans" who couldnt handle an opposing point of view that need to be quiet. They are the ones hijacking Suck for Luck threads insulting other fans by proclaiming that theres is the only way to support a team. They are the ones blowing statements by Marino and Luck way out of proportion. If you dont like it than dont click on those threads.

The suck for luckers are as passionate about their team as any fan. They know the season is lost so the easiest thing for them to do would just be apathetic to the whole season. But they arent. They still watch every game, participate in forum threads and have much to say about the team.

It isnt the suck for luckers that need to pipe down, its the intolerant, spite filled fans that need to zip it.

He will have the last laugh and stay in school............

Folks, the Rams, Jags and Colts are REALLY bad.

Folks, the Rams, Jags and Colts are REALLY bad.

The good news about the Jags is that they already have a win. Rams are in a very weak division, they'll win a couple(3 max). With the Colts the hope is Manning comes back to win a few games for them.

Luck calls "suck for Luck" campaign stupid

Andrew is attending Stanford,so he's smart as well as talented.

No, its the so-called fans that cant handle that other fans have a different vision for whats best for the teams future that need to pipe down. The Suck for Luckers have generally posted optimistic messages. They see a light at the end of the tunnel and speak of brighter futures. The see a potential franchise changer and only seek whats best for the team long term. They didnt start the malicious rhetoric.

Its the arrogant, short-sighted , intolerant "fans" who couldnt handle an opposing point of view that need to be quiet. They are the ones hijacking Suck for Luck threads insulting other fans by proclaiming that theres is the only way to support a team. They are the ones blowing statements by Marino and Luck way out of proportion. If you dont like it than dont click on those threads.

The suck for luckers are as passionate about their team as any fan. They know the season is lost so the easiest thing for them to do would just be apathetic to the whole season. But they arent. They still watch every game, participate in forum threads and have much to say about the team.

It isnt the suck for luckers that need to pipe down, its the intolerant, spite filled fans that need to zip it.

Apathy is for losers. Supporting a team by hoping it will lose every game? That is a novel approach. This the "suck for Luck campaign is stupid thread". Am I posting in the wrong place?
We have only played 4 games and although the results have been poor, I will still root for my Fins to win.
Go ahead and keep repeating your vision Harry Bagpipe. It is your right, but IMHO, it really isn't cool. I hope we do end up with Luck and new coaches. We actually do agree. I just do not agree with your early season mindset and there are quite a few fans that agree with me.
Nobody is telling you what do do, I am just posting an opinion. I didn't know that I weld so much power...lol
Where does spite factor in? I don't get that part.

Apathy is for losers.
We have only played 4 games and although the results have been poor, I will still root for my Fins to win.
Go ahead and keep repeating your vision Harry Bagpipe. It is your right, but IMHO, it really isn't cool. I hope we do end up with Luck and new coaches. We actually do agree. I just do not agree with your early season mindset and there are quite a few fans that agree with me.
Nobody is telling you what do do, I am just posting an opinion. I didn't know that I weld so much power...lol
Where does spite factor in? I don't get that part.

I agree apathy is for losers. I dont think the suck for luckers have been apathetic to say the least. I watch all the games on sunday with a vested interest. Im rooting for the bills right now just so the jets have less of a chance of making the playoffs.

I also wasnt specifically speaking about you in that post. If you want to root for the phins every week you have that right and i would never discourage it. However, there are many fans, not only on this site but others, that condemn other fans who have a differing vision for whats best for the dolphins. Suck for Luckers are called terrible fans, classless, idiots, bandwagoners, fair weather fans among other caustic things. They are constantly insulted just because they support the team in a differing way. Those are the people i was directing that to and not you speicifically.

I agree apathy is for losers. I dont think the suck for luckers have been apathetic to say the least. I watch all the games on sunday with a vested interest. Im rooting for the bills right now just so the jets have less of a chance of making the playoffs.

I also wasnt specifically speaking about you in that post. If you want to root for the phins every week you have that right and i would never discourage it. However, there are many fans, not only on this site but others, that condemn other fans who have a differing vision for whats best for the dolphins. Suck for Luckers are called terrible fans, classless, idiots, bandwagoners, fair weather fans among other caustic things. They are constantly insulted just because they support the team in a differing way. Those are the people i was directing that to and not you speicifically.

Hey we all love the fins and want them to be winners and respected. The team has been screwed up for so long that there are a wide variety of views as to how to turn this thing around. As Joe Q Fan, we really do not have any control over any of it, except for ticket sales. Nothing we argue about, agree about, or debate will have a particle bit of difference on the bottom line. My concern is the perception of the hard core fans across the NFL think that we, as Miami Dolphin fans, are a bunch of fair weather, bandwagon flip floppers. that is why I will continue to cheer and yell until my voice is gone for two days, and sit quietly while we are getting thrashed and try to suffer with dignity. That is just me. I am sure everyone else has their own way.

He will have the last laugh and stay in school............
Do people seriously still think this is a possibility? Despite all the posts explaining why that won't happen (short of him deciding that he doesn't want to play professional football at all)?

Please explain how and why he would stay in school. What 1 year graduate degree in engineering would he be seeking?

Hey we all love the fins and want them to be winners and respected. The team has been screwed up for so long that there are a wide variety of views as to how to turn this thing around. As Joe Q Fan, we really do not have any control over any of it, except for ticket sales. Nothing we argue about, agree about, or debate will have a particle bit of difference on the bottom line. My concern is the perception of the hard core fans across the NFL think that we, as Miami Dolphin fans, are a bunch of fair weather, bandwagon flip floppers. that is why I will continue to cheer and yell until my voice is gone for two days, and sit quietly while we are getting thrashed and try to suffer with dignity. That is just me. I am sure everyone else has their own way.

And thats fine. I think you should root for the phins every week if thats what you feel is right. Trust me i hate, absolutely hate hoping that the dolphins lose each game. Unfortunately for me its the byproduct of what my end desires are. At its bare essence I want Andrew Luck. I believe a franchise qb can turn around a teams fortunes. I look at the colts and see them go from superbowl contender to worst team in the league by losing manning. I see decades of awful teams in New Orleans, then see them win a superbowl after getting drew brees. I see the Pats go 6-10 than start of the next year 1-3. They lose Bledsoe and replace him with one other player and they win the super bowl that year.

I want a franchise qb in the worst possible way. Like i said to me Andrew Luck is that qb. Unfortunately in order to get him without trading a boat load of picks you have to have the number one pick. Therefore i want the number one pick. In order to have that pick we have to lose a bunch of games. So will it pain me to hope the phins lose agains the jets? Yes it will. But my desire to get Luck though is even greater, so i tolerate the negative things that hoping for loses brings. I dont want to root against the phins but i want Luck even more and me having to hope they lose is just a byproduct of what i think will put this franchise in the right direction.

I used this analogy in another thread. I want to maintain a certain level of fitness. Therefore I go to the gym to workout and do cardio. Do I want to the gym? No, I hate it. However I go anyway because I have to, to achieve my end desires.

It's the same logical thought process. My primary want is luck. Therefore in order to get him i have to hope they lose. I don't want to much like i don't want to go to the gym, it's simply a necessary byproduct for my end desires

Oh and i agree what either of us root for will have no impact what so ever on what actually happens. I also think you overstate what people will think of our fanbase. Lions and Saints fans have been wearing paperbags on their heads for decades. They have winning teams now and their fans arent thought of any less. One year of hoping for loses wont have any effect especially if we start winning again. Winning cures everything

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Which is exactly what you and several others are doing. You continue to root for Chad Henne and mediocrity. You deserve it.

Yes, we're insane to be fans of a team and root for them every week. I think you assume that since we will cheer on Miami until the last whistle of every game that we don't want change. I'm pretty certain 99% of us want change. We're just choosing to go about it a different way. We understand this team isn't very good and most likely isn't going to win many games. When the season is over, the coaches will be gone, Henne will be gone, the roster will most likely have a huge turnover. In your opinion, you're either on one extreme or the other.There's no middle ground. Since we will root for our team every week, we must enjoy mediocrity and we deserve it? You come across very defensive

Actually, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Which is exactly what you and several others are doing. You continue to root for Chad Henne and mediocrity. You deserve it.

Bingo.

Many fans of the Dolphins love mediocre football.

It's that simple.

They rather go 7-9 for 10 years in a row INSTEAD of sucking at 3-13 this year and then long term success (playoffs).

Yes, we're insane to be fans of a team and root for them every week. I think you assume that since we will cheer on Miami until the last whistle of every game that we don't want change. I'm pretty certain 99% of us want change. We're just choosing to go about it a different way. We understand this team isn't very good and most likely isn't going to win many games. When the season is over, the coaches will be gone, Henne will be gone, the roster will most likely have a huge turnover. In your opinion, you're either on one extreme or the other.There's no middle ground. Since we will root for our team every week, we must enjoy mediocrity and we deserve it? You come across very defensive

Seasons already over. You're rooting to get enough wins to keep us form getting a franchise QB, yet not enough wins to make the playoffs. I can put 2 and 2 together from there.

Seasons already over. You're rooting to get enough wins to keep us form getting a franchise QB, yet not enough wins to make the playoffs. I can put 2 and 2 together from there.

I'm actually rooting for 12-4, and if they lose tomorrow, 11-5, so on and so forth. I'm also not ignorant and know that this team has at best 4 wins in it. You do whatever makes you sleep better at night. Wear a Sanchez jersey tomorrow night. Laugh and high five your buddies when Moore throws a pick. I've yet to judge you or any of you other suck for luckers. Can't say the same for you. I've been called a not "true fan" and someone that "deserves mediocrity". You're not going to convince me that by rooting for my team i'm any less of a fan or short sited

Back
Top Bottom