Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

pretty sure when the fins pick him and throw all that money in his face he would be singing a different tune

You are getting brainwashed by frustration . . . there are players on this team that give their all come hell or high water and they deserve better from the fans. Yea, I can respect the fans "wanting" better . . . but rooting against you team to lose isn't the route to go. Sometimes you just have to let it happen . . . and just how fans felt justified looking for Harbaugh while having Tony here, even though it looked bad, it leaves a negative reflection on the organization and all that adds up to players and coaches not wanting to be part of a franchise whose fans are that way.

If I really felt campaigning for a college QB would do anything in terms of results/change than persuasion has a chance . . . but all the signs and shirts in the world isn't going to reflect results, it still on the team.

To call a fan that roots for his team to win, no matter the situation, is probably the silliest thing I've heard in some time. If you wanna "Suck 4 Luck" you do it, don't call out fans that just wanna see their team play, even if the results aren't the best. I want change, you damn right . . . but I'm not rooting against my team to tank, if they are that bad, they will do that on their own without me putting into question my fanhood.

And with our "luck" the next regime is as clueless as this one and Luck shows regresses under more incompetent coaching. Maybe Matt Barkley is the better NFL QB. Why even be a Dolphin fan if you are easily defeated as a fan? 39 years with no Super Bowl and I'm not rooting for my team to lose. I have seen them with the #1 pick, I have seen them switch coaches . . . has it really helped? Just let it happen, you don't have to lower your self for something you can't change.

All the campaigning and changes in the world . . . and you STILL have ZERO control if they take Luck or not, even with the first overall. We don't get a vote. Let it play out and go from there.

And rooting for the Jets over the Fins 4 games in. . . have some of y'all lost it on Finheaven?
I'm rooting for the #32 pick myself.

You mean the TEAM that is talking about "Suck for Luck".

I have also said this numerous times. No way, no how Andrew Luck wants to play for such a negative persona, nor do I blame him.

Even if your intentions are not wanting the Phins to actually lose, your SFL campaign says otherwise......

And as I have mentioned (And been flamed for in here), don't be surprised when the other talented players we have decide to take their talents elsewhere....

This negativity being shown by our fanbase is sending VERY bad tones throughout the entire NFL. Believe it or not, its already happening.

You make no sense whatsoever. Every other fanbase of a team that blows is just as "negative" as we are. Only difference is those fanbases have much more of a clue than this one does and realizes the importance of an elite QB. Ironic, you'd think we'd know better than anyone considering the last decade of Dolphins football.

I don't blame Andrew Luck one bit. I wouldn't want to play for a franchise that has fans that root for the team to lose. I would want fans that cheer for the team no matter how bad they are. Couple that with the weak attendance and lack of home field advantage, Miami doesn't look like a very attractive team if I was in his shoes.

I don't blame Andrew Luck one bit. I wouldn't want to play for a franchise that has fans that root for the team to lose. I would want fans that cheer for the team no matter how bad they are. Couple that with the weak attendance and lack of home field advantage, Miami doesn't look like a very attractive team if I was in his shoes.

The pressure would be enormous and the situation isn't ideal. He definitely "won't" be embraced unless he is an instant winner

Mark my words . . . let Andrew Luck face Bama and Bama schools Stanford and makes Luck look bad . . . one game, after a year of sucking on Luck, and these fickle fans would already start jumping off the Luck bandwagon. Thats all it takes around here.

Marino spoiled the fans for years . . . and ironically, we didn't win a Super Bowl with him. It is gonna take more than Andrew Luck to right this ship.

The pressure would be enormous and the situation isn't ideal. He definitely "won't" be embraced unless he is an instant winner

Mark my words . . . let Andrew Luck face Bama and Bama schools Stanford and makes Luck look bad . . . one game, after a year of sucking on Luck, and these fickle fans would already start jumping off the Luck bandwagon. Thats all it takes around here.

Marino spoiled the fans for years . . . and ironically, we didn't win a Super Bowl with him. It is gonna take more than Andrew Luck to right this ship.

Luck is just a great college player. There are no guarantees that he will be the next Brady, Marino, Manning, or Jay Fiedler for that matter. He is just a kid. It is going to take a couple years of experience and grooming. As fans, we need to remember that we need patience to allow the players time to develop.

Righting the ship...The things that make my blood boil the most are the organizational screw ups..embarrassing owners, poor talent acquisition, poor scheme and play calling, and lack of team discipline. Excellence here will more than compensate for average talent in the beginning and systematically improve all areas going forward.

The SFL bandwagon...I am not on the band wagon because I truly think it sends a bad message and it will leave a losing stigma on this once proud franchise. Play the game 100% and let the chips fall where they may.
We may in fact lose most of our games, but I want the team to play their hearts out doing so. The fans should stay behind the team win or lose.

Well that's no shocker, who, in his right mind, would approve the idea of teams purposely losing games to get him ?!?!

1- teams try to suck out
2- you go out saying publicly that you encourage it, find it flattering, whatever
3- some team finishes 0-16, 1-15, whatever, and drafts him

Now tell me... how in the hell, if you're a quarterback, are you ever going to be a leader for those 53 players who probably didn't make any performance bonus and went through the worst season of their lives while you encouraged it ?!?!

Andrew Luck knows better, and if his statement is anything, it's simply encouraging.

Winners are all about winning and that's that

We're replying to each other, but there's this huge disconnect between whatever it is we think we're talking about. So you'd take RG3 or Landry over Luck at number 1? Because the Dolphins having legitimate worst record in the league potential is really the only thing I'm talking about here. I like RG3 a ton, but I'm not taking him over Luck. If you're saying you would then you should expand on that.

I would love to make this a Titans thread. That Britt injury hurt. Really hoping Damian Williams can step up. CJ's killing us, but the oline deserves a lot of blame. Amano isn't getting any push in the interior.

I agree with you about the QB's totally. Of course Luck is number one. We are the same there. However, I just want Fin Fans to prepare. Prepare themselves to what could be alternatives to landing Luck if we do not have the worst record. I plan on this team winning with a new and forward thinking regime in the coming years regardless if we get Luck or not. That is all.

In terms of the Titans, I just think the Colts and Jags are SO bad that Tennessee will not lose to them.

Good debate back and worth. I respect your takes here.

Win...Win....WIN. IF you really think that one player can turn this thing around, trade into a spot to get him. Losing intentionally is what quitters do. Wanting your team to give up at any time (or just rooting for them to lose) is what losers do.

For all the long term self-anointed "realists" who've morphed into pipe-dreamers, it's time to dispense another dose of reality:

Oliver Luck, Academic Hall of Fame, 1 European, 1 US Soccer League championship turnaround and/or startup as President of NFL Europe, CEO of Houston Sports Authority, Rhodes Scholarship Runner-up, WVU Athletic Director and one of its all time passing record holders.. among other things was also the starting QB on the 2-14 Houston Oilers. If anyone knows about fan dissatisfaction, disdain, disrespect and lack of support, it's him. If anyone is gonna make decisions for his son, it's gonna be him, not any agent they hire.

Anybody who doesn't believe that he doesn't think that an organized SFL movement, complete with suggested signage and TShirts is disrespectful to the players, embarrassing to the club that pays them large salaries and disgraceful and demoralizing to the support of those players who are trying their best on the field, is deluding themselves as truly a "Luck pipedreamer." Anyone who doesn't think that as a parent, Oliver ingrained the winners mentality vs the quitters one in all his children is clueless. Anyone who disagrees on this and are themselves committed parents wanting to best position their children for success are letting their frustration and subjective fandom get in the way and clouding the essence of parenthood.

With the national embarrassment we've inflicted on ourselves, if we get the right to draft Luck, you better believe that's gonna be only half the battle. I agree, worst case scenario, we end up with the equivalent of Philip River, Shawn Merriman and more... but when a college player himself is negatively commenting on SFL, it doesn't bode well for how the true string-puller who've heard those boos from fickle fans feels and will react!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom