Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

I would rather this team be a good team and have to trade up, or go with another guy than to have us at 0-16 to get Luck. A lot of teams turn things around at 6-10, or 8-8. (Rams and Saints) At 0-16 it takes time. (Lions)

That's your opinion and that's fine. I however think luck is a once in a generation type player and the best qb prospect since Elway. I think the team has a much better chance to turn around it's teams fortunes by acquiring him then by winning a few extra games and getting jones or Barkley. If we don't get him than life goes on and I will root for the success of whoever we get whether it's Landry or Barkley. But while we are in contention for the pick i am going to hope for it.

Hoping the team loses is just the byproduct of hoping to get luck. We want luck, we know he will be the number one pick therefore we have to hope we get that pick which would entail us losing a bunch of games.

The Titans are a "lower level" team. They are 3-2 with a win vs. Baltimore.

You make my point that the Colts and Jags play each other. OBVIOUSLY, someone has to lose leaving one **** team to "compete" with.

Again, do yourself a favor and cover yourself by watching Jones and RGIII. They are going to be effective at the next level.

RGIII could bring something that no other Fins QB has in the franchise's history.
Do yourself a favor and don't recommend to people they watch Landry and RG3 as though you're on to some big secret. Anyone who follows college football knows who they are. I'm extremely high on RG3. What does that have to with anything? We have a chance at the number 1 pick and I don't care how you feel about the secondary choices, you take Luck if you have the 1st pick.

Titans are not very good. You really want to debate that? The point is they're a team that Jax and Indy can beat. In fact Jax has already beaten them. We play in a harder division. We've shown nothing to this point to imply we're not a serious contender for the number 1 pick.

Wise words.

Getting Luck is a long-shot. Getting one of the top 3 QB's of the draft is very much a reality.

The Dolphins are going to win or lose on their own. No reason to make yourself and the entire fanbase look like jackasses in the process. Suck for Luck is embarrassing.

Ross is gonna do what he's gonna do regardless of how many temper tantrums are thrown on finheaven over Sparano and Ireland. If the Dolphins keep losing one or both of those guys are gone. Still bitching about them is a dead horse subject.

All this pissing back an forth. It's meaningless. It's not going to change a thing.

Have some class, support the team. They will probably still lose anyway.

However, I'm a clueless homer. 12-4 is still possible and the Dolphins have only lost 1 Division game so that is still a possibility as well. SUPERBOWL, HERE WE COME!

Dead on. I am thinking of the other young QB's and who could be a quality HC or OC to develop the player.

Wouldn't be ironic if we got "the other guy" opposite of Luck and our guy was as almost if not more successful than Luck.

The Chargers got sloppy seconds with Phillip Rivers and they have done okay.

I could see Jon Gruden doing great things with Landry Jones or Rob Chudinski grooming RGIII.

I will say it again BUILD A TEAM!

So, you will be happy if the dolphins win on Monday?

Yes. It being the Jets makes it even easier. In the back of my mind though I wonder if we would not be better off by losing.

Do yourself a favor and don't recommend to people they watch Landry and RG3 as though you're on to some big secret. Anyone who follows college football knows who they are. I'm extremely high on RG3. What does that have to with anything? We have a chance at the number 1 pick and I don't care how you feel about the secondary choices, you take Luck if you have the 1st pick.

Titans are not very good. You really want to debate that? The point is they're a team that Jax and Indy can beat. In fact Jax has already beaten them. We play in a harder division. We've shown nothing to this point to imply we're not a serious contender for the number 1 pick.

If you don't care how I feel about the secondary choices than why did you respond to me?

I would love to debate the merits of the Titans with you? Who would like to compare them to in our division? The Pats could kill them. I think they are better than the Jets and Bills.

I will say it again BUILD A TEAM!

Exactly.

Whoever the next coach is, I want him to get his guy and build a team around that guy.

Rob Chudinski grooming RGIII.

It's not the sexy pick but Chud has made Newton look like an all-pro.

Exactly. I want the HC to be tied to the new QB. I would love it if the HC was offensive guy with a background of throwing ball. (No o-line coaches this time.)

He won't be drafted to like the fans, he'll be drafted to win football games. Who gives a **** if he thinks it's stupid?

Suck for luck bandwagon: Andrew! We will suck for you...
Luck responds: You're stupid!

Funny stuff!

If you don't care how I feel about the secondary choices than why did you respond to me?

I would love to debate the merits of the Titans with you? Who would like to compare them to in our division? The Pats could kill them. I think they are better than the Jets and Bills.
We're replying to each other, but there's this huge disconnect between whatever it is we think we're talking about. So you'd take RG3 or Landry over Luck at number 1? Because the Dolphins having legitimate worst record in the league potential is really the only thing I'm talking about here. I like RG3 a ton, but I'm not taking him over Luck. If you're saying you would then you should expand on that.

I would love to make this a Titans thread. That Britt injury hurt. Really hoping Damian Williams can step up. CJ's killing us, but the oline deserves a lot of blame. Amano isn't getting any push in the interior.

Exactly. I want the HC to be tied to the new QB. I would love it if the HC was offensive guy with a background of throwing ball. (No o-line coaches this time.)
Same here.

I think my only difference in opinion is I don't want sloppy seconds on a brand-name coach. I want somebody like Chud. A smart guy ready to take the next step and make a name for himself.

LMAO. All you guys that proudly scream "Suck for Luck" and are buying t-shirts just got slapped in the face by the man himself. He doesn't want to play for fans like that. Wow! Good work people, even if we get the first pick Luck won't want to play for those type of fans.

He better find another planet to live on, then

He better find another planet to live on, then

Yeah. Its a pretty ridiculous statement. Luck says the correct thing pr wise. What he's really thinking is "man. It's awesome how badly these fans want me". It's amazing how not only literal things are taken but how those statements a completely blown out of proportion.

Irsay says something and fans are screaming that the colts are tanking. Marino says the most predictable non controversial statement and fans are screaming see I told you so. Luck says the correct thing pr wise and people hysterically proclaim that luck will never want to play in Miami because of the fans. Nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad Luck has came out and said that. I don't think he's the only good QB on the draft anyways. He's just the most polished one. I like Landry Jones, I think Jones is the second best QB in the draft.

Yeah. Its a pretty ridiculous statement. Luck says the correct thing pr wise. What he's really thinking is "man. It's awesome how badly these fans want me". It's amazing how not only literal things are taken but how those statements a completely blown out of proportion.

Irsay says something and fans are screaming that the colts are tanking. Marino says the most predictable non controversial statement and fans are screaming see I told you so. Luck says the correct thing pr wise and people hysterically proclaim that luck will never want to play in Miami because of the fans. Nonsense.
I'm pretty sure Luck meant what he said as it WAS stupid all along. The sad part is I think our fan base started it. Have fun rooting against the Dolphins, I'm hoping we beat the Jets.

Back
Top Bottom