Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Luck Calls "Suck for Luck" Campaigns Stupid

I'm pretty sure Luck meant what he said as it WAS stupid all along. The sad part is I think our fan base started it. Have fun rooting against the Dolphins, I'm hoping we beat the Jets.

Our fan base didn't start it. People were talking about it last year before he went back to school.

You know what's the sad part is, how everyone on this board was crying for one ****ing win in 2007, and when Cleo Lemons threw that strike to Camarillo to win the game, half of this board was in tears, happy to get at least one ****ing win. And now we have 90% of the board wanting us to go winless. Jesus ****ing Christs, get off his ****.

Is Luck going to be a great quarterback? Chances are yes, he's going to be the next great one. Is he the only good quarterback? No. As a matter of fact, Barkley and Jones will likely be available at around 8-10 in the draft, which is fine by me if we get one of them. We need to draft a quarterback, but I think the Luck hype has blinded you all about how good the other QB's are in this draft.

Luck hasn't been a Dolphin fan for 3 decades like I have.

Heck, he hasn't even been alive for close to 3 decades., while I've been an active Dolphin fan since 1982 at 10 years of age.

If he had he'd understand

People don't understand Suck for Luck. Most of us don't want the Dolphins to be bad, they just are. It's trying to have some fun in a season that otherwise would have none. If you told me the Phins could go 10-6 and make the playoffs I would take that in a second, but that isn't going to happen. The teams that are talking about Suck for Luck are teams that don't have a shot at the playoffs or even a decent season. Nobody wants their team to be horrible, but fans don't get to choose. I am just looking for a silver lining in an otherwise pathetic season.

You mean the TEAM that is talking about "Suck for Luck".

I have also said this numerous times. No way, no how Andrew Luck wants to play for such a negative persona, nor do I blame him.

Even if your intentions are not wanting the Phins to actually lose, your SFL campaign says otherwise......

And as I have mentioned (And been flamed for in here), don't be surprised when the other talented players we have decide to take their talents elsewhere....

This negativity being shown by our fanbase is sending VERY bad tones throughout the entire NFL. Believe it or not, its already happening.

What did we think he was going to say ?

Thats really the only answer he could give.

Just saying.

Glad Luck has came out and said that. I don't think he's the only good QB on the draft anyways. He's just the most polished one. I like Landry Jones, I think Jones is the second best QB in the draft.

Yep, agreed on all accounts.

I'll take a .500 season or better, gaining a little swagger and positive cohesion and Landry Jones ANYDAY!!!

I will say Luck is indeed more polished, and playing in a pure Pro-set, but Jones isn't THAT far behind, and I don't have to sell my soul to the devil hoping my beloved to tank to get him.

Best plan by far.

Yep, agreed on all accounts.

I'll take a .500 season or better, gaining a little swagger and positive cohesion and Landry Jones ANYDAY!!!

I will say Luck is indeed more polished, and playing in a pure Pro-set, but Jones isn't THAT far behind, and I don't have to sell my soul to the devil hoping my beloved to tank to get him.

Best plan by far.

All I say is play to win. If it results in a 5 win season but we finish strong and still get a high pick I'll be estatic. As you guy say there are other options out there. I think the way we folded at the end of last year carried over as evidenced by the 0 and 4 start.

Our last 4 games include all our division rivals and Philly. At least win most of those and go into next year with a new coach and quaterback on a positive streak.

This statement by Luck should make everyone hoping for losses rethink your SFL position. The Fins will definitely try to beat the Jets because the players have some pride. If we play hard, and still lose, that is the way it goes. We are still in the early stages of the season and it really is too early to give up on the players that want to win. If we end up losing all of our games, I hope the next staff purges every player that dogs it or was just is collecting a paycheck. Luck is a great player, but he is not worth losing all of our games and the stigma that will take years to undo.
I was kind of on the fence about this SFL issue, I am definitely off the fence and hoping to beat the Jets and take it one game at a time and see how the season unfolds.

He said its stupid ... because it IS stupid.

Don't have to be a Stanford guy to figure that out.

I've said all along, we don't even have to Suck For Luck ... we got Tony on OUR SIDE!! Boo-Yah!! Boom, roasted NFL!! lol

It should be obvious by now Luck intends to pick & choose where he plays pro ball and the MIA is not on his wish list.

Well, I guess he doesn't want to play for any fans of any of the teams that are likely to be in position to draft him, because SFL isn't just a Miami phenomenon.

It should be obvious by now Luck intends to pick & choose where he plays pro ball and the MIA is not on his wish list.
Win win for us if we have the #1 then, because we'll make a killing in trade and still pull one of the top QB's.

Back
Top Bottom