MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

This kid is showing a hell of a lot more courage than any of the anonymous sources in that article that don't have the balls to have their names attached their name to their quotes.

In todays PC media it takes more courage for a person to say he disapproves of the homosexual lifestyle than to come out as being gay. One will get you an avalanche of hate mail, the other will get you an invitation to sit with the Presidents wife.

Wow, a couple of you are clearly over-reacting.

You do know what that means, right?
it means they should clearly go to hooters more often and strip clubs, because that will reaffirm their manliness.

So.... should the media make a big spectacle if say Ryan Tannehill comes out and says "I'm a proud straight man"?

Once again, I applaud the man for being himself. But it just seems to me every other week it's some big media circus about someone coming out.

Why does his sexual preference even matter? Why make it an issue? Play football and leave it at that.

This is not Dolphins news, why isn't it being moved?

He's the first player to come out before the draft.

Unlike you, someone sits in fear behind a monitor and talks about this being PC/liberal media, and whatever other bs you can come up with to make yourself feel like some sort of victim, sam Actually has legit fears of being a victim and for him to put it all on the line for everyone to see, is a very big deal.

You will never in your life ever face anything like this. Show some damn respect.

Show some respect? For what? This guy put his life out to the media, for scrutiny...good or bad. But the media is not going to portray him as anything but a hero. As for respect, I don't know the guy. I don't much care to know the guy, I can't stand MIZZOU and their fans. Sadly, you are trying to make him a victim. And he isn't. He is now a celebrity.

I don't feel like a victim. As I have stated before. I can only control what I do, and how I teach those around me. I vote a certain way and pass down the best morals I can. Thats all anyone can do. The real people who need to be 'enlightened' is the black community who voted numerous times, to ban gay marriage and look down on the gay lifestyle like its the plague. Polls and votes back up that assertion.

Again, it takes no COURAGE to come out in today's society. NONE. He is now a celebrity, without playing a single down in the NFL. Not one play.

So.... should the media make a big spectacle if say Ryan Tannehill comes out and says "I'm a proud straight man"?

Once again, I applaud the man for being himself. But it just seems to me every other week it's some big media circus about someone coming out.

Why does his sexual preference even matter? Why make it an issue? Play football and leave it at that.

It only matters because there has been a long history of people not accepting their lifestyle and discriminating against them because of it. If all people were accepting of other people's lifestyle choices, it wouldn't be a story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets be honest for a second here.

If a player on Sam's team turns around and says he doesnt agree with his lifestyle he is now the enemy. Is that wrong? right?

You can respect someone while disagreeing with their lifestyle.

Mike Wallace stated he can't understand why people are gay and he had to issue an apology etc etc....

Why does someone have to apologize for what they believe? Just because someone else doesnt agree with it?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

It only matters because there has been a long history of people not accepting their lifestyle and discriminating against them because of it. If all people were accepting of other people's lifestyle choices, it wouldn't be a story.

Why does someone have to be accepting of something they believe is morally wrong?

Personally, I have nothing against gay/lesbian people. I have plenty of friends that are homosexual.

What I can't understand is why people think everyone should accept the life style. You can respect a lifestyle and the person, but that does not mean you have to accept it.

Ryan Dahn @RyanDahn

@BGrimey21 @brianhartline but other gay athletes care. And athletes "coming out" are letting other gay athletes know "it's ok to admit this"

Brian Hartline ✔ @brianhartline @RyanDahn @BGrimey21 our point is, why do you feel you have to tell people... Regardless.

Richie Incognito ✔ @68INCOGNITO

@MikeSamFootball #respect bro. It takes guts to do what you did. I wish u nothing but the best
1:38 AM - 10 Feb 2014
http://www.pageqsports.com/2014/02/dolphins-players-react-twitter-to-michael-sam-coming-out/

Show some respect? For what? This guy put his life out to the media, for scrutiny...good or bad. But the media is not going to portray him as anything but a hero. As for respect, I don't know the guy. I don't much care to know the guy, I can't stand MIZZOU and their fans. Sadly, you are trying to make him a victim. And he isn't. He is now a celebrity.

I don't feel like a victim. As I have stated before. I can only control what I do, and how I teach those around me. I vote a certain way and pass down the best morals I can. Thats all anyone can do. The real people who need to be 'enlightened' is the black community who voted numerous times, to ban gay marriage and look down on the gay lifestyle like its the plague. Polls and votes back up that assertion.

Again, it takes no COURAGE to come out in today's society. NONE. He is now a celebrity, without playing a single down in the NFL. Not one play.

You keep calling him a celebrity without playing a single down. That's your way of disrespecting what the man is doing and what he's going through, because your so small minded you want to blame the "liberal media" for causing all this somehow.

If it wasn't a big deal he wouldn't be a "celebrity" would he? If it wasn't a big deal he wouldnt be the first athlete to do it, would he?

He shouodnt have to come out and announce it, it shouldn't be a big deal, but your god damn ignorant if you think it's nit a big deal and it's a easy thing to do.

Lets be honest for a second here.

If a player on Sam's team turns around and says he doesnt agree with his lifestyle he is now the enemy. Is that wrong? right?

You can respect someone while disagreeing with their lifestyle.

Mike Wallace stated he can't understand why people are gay and he had to issue an apology etc etc....

Why does someone have to apologize for what they believe? Just because someone else doesnt agree with it?

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Why does someone have to be accepting of something they believe is morally wrong?

Personally, I have nothing against gay/lesbian people. I have plenty of friends that are homosexual.

What I can't understand is why people think everyone should accept the life style. You can respect a lifestyle and the person, but that does not mean you have to accept it.

That's just the thing, they aren't accepting of the person. To say I don't accept your behavior, but I still love you as a person, is one thing, but there are people saying they won't accept the PERSON around them. That's the issue.

It's telling that people who speak out against homosexuals on moral grounds don't speak out against divorced people, sexually promiscuous heterosexuals and the whole gamut of sexually immoral people around them. Where are the NFL players shouting that they won't play with an adulterer?

You keep calling him a celebrity without playing a single down. That's your way of disrespecting what the man is doing and what he's going through, because your so small minded you want to blame the "liberal media" for causing all this somehow.

If it wasn't a big deal he wouldn't be a "celebrity" would he? If it wasn't a big deal he wouldnt be the first athlete to do it, would he?

He shouodnt have to come out and announce it, it shouldn't be a big deal, but your god damn ignorant if you think it's nit a big deal and it's a easy thing to do.

And you prove my point. In this post you name call me for my belief system. It takes NO COURAGE to come out in today's society. NONE. Eventually you people on the left show your colors. And it starts with the name calling. Thank you.:3w:

And turn it to any ESPN channel, and let me know if they aren't talking about him...like he's a hero. Turn it to PMSNBC, and you will see the same.

And he is a celebrity now, with out playing a single NFL down. NOT ONE ****ING PLAY.

I don't care one bit about a drafted player's sexual preference.

I do care about the media circus that comes with it, though. Same reason I wouldn't want Tebow.

I wouldn't want Tebow because he sucks and the media hype and tebow maniacs would put pressure on you to play him and when you don't they will say its because you hate Christians, who needs that. For Sam the media hype will only be for a few weeks after the draft a few weeks during summer and if he is cut a few asshole reporters claiming its because he gay....as a fan who cares if he could come in and help this team wins i'm all for it.....if he's not a good player cut him and move on....

Back
Top Bottom