MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him? | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Michael Sam to be First Openly Gay Player - Okay w/ Phins drafting him?

Missouri coach: Gay player may not be welcomed in a locker room like Miami Dolphins -

Missouri coach Gary Pinkel said he does believe Sam will excel in the right locker room. But after the fallout from the Incongito/Martin scandal, Pinkel singled out Miami’s locker room as a place that Sam could struggle.

“I think the incident that happened down in Miami with the Dolphins — I don’t know the people involved there, and I’m not really judging them, but when you have a locker room atmosphere like that, when people are verbally being destructive to each other and you call it fun, I think there’s a fine line there,” Pinkel said on Mike & Mike this morning.

“I’m not one of the Righteous Brothers here, but we talk to our team all the time about how locker rooms are great in sports, locker rooms are awesome. It’s a great thing about being a member of the team. Guys like to bust each other, go after each other verbally. But there’s a certain point when what you say is hurtful and it doesn’t help the team, it hurts the team. If you have that kind of environment where people say anything they want and say mean, awful berating things to people, it probably will not work very well. But if you have a team that respects one another — I may be naive, that’s what we try to do.”

Martin actually came out in support of Sam last night, writing on Twitter “Hats off to you Michael Sam, that takes some guts.” Cornerback Brent Grimes said sexual preference is no one’s business.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...oom-like-miami-dolphins/#sthash.csQdwTrT.dpuf

Guy came out because he was probably going to be outed. People bashing him are ridiculous. This comes from a republican.

If it is all in your DNA then how come identical twins aren't both gay then, there has to some choice right?

Your either trolling or incredibly stupid. And I'm going to assume the subject of DNA is far out of your educational level. You should probably leave that one alone.

Donte' Stallworth ‏@DonteStallworth 10m

Which means that with drafting Michael Sam, you get a jump start on controlling the "media coverage" right from the onset.

If an organization is inept to the magnitude of not being able to control things with prior knowledge, how will you handle the unexpected?

Case Study 1: The Miami Dolphins and the bullying scandal... players talked more about THAT than they did football... for weeks!

During that time I questioned (tweeted) why the Dolphins players were talking more about the scandal than their next opponent....

Since the bullying story broke, the Dolphins finished the season 4-4...w/playoff hopes still alive, got spanked by division opp Jets, 20-7

https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 8s

I would add one rebuttal to Stallworth: Scandal wasn't the reason Dolphins finished 4-4. An ability to block, tackle and score was.

Evidently, if you find it questionable that a genetic trait that causes someone to be homosexual has been passed down through human history, you are either trolling or incredibly stupid. I see.

wow...a lot of debate started over a not very good football player...

Mel Kiper was talking about his 9 sacks over a 3 game stretch. The hype is being pushed out there. HLN was talking about his numbers and how impressive he is. This from a channel that features Nancy Grace.

I just turned off ESPN because I'm tired of this person getting all the media attention because he announced to everyone he is a homosexual.

This is only going to encourage other kids who are a little lost or want some attention to do the same.

No place for this in sports.

A little lost.... Really? This is beyond dumb.

One reason why I wouldn't have done it if I were him, consider Kerry Rhodes. That guy was essentially outed last year and hasn't found work even though he's not a bad safety.

Evidently, if you find it questionable that a genetic trait that causes someone to be homosexual has been passed down through human history, you are either trolling or incredibly stupid. I see.

It's not necessarily genetic, but it is innate and not something that can be controlled. You are attracted to what you are attracted to. Could you be forced to be attracted to a member of the same sex? Well, it goes both ways.

It is an abnormality, but that doesn't make it wrong, lest you think that someone who is infertile is morally wrong, or people that are asexual (not attracted to anything) are morally wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hateful? lol I guess you mean I am hateful because I don't agree with your world view or better yet I am hateful because I am liberal lol.....I hate discrimination against anyone and I am the hateful one, spoken like a true teabagger.....

Mel Kiper was talking about his 9 sacks over a 3 game stretch. The hype is being pushed out there. HLN was talking about his numbers and how impressive he is. This from a channel that features Nancy Grace.

i sure hope kiper said he used the same move in every one of em...so one dimensional

Back
Top Bottom