khabibulin

Slappy8800 said:
neids signed with ANA...4 yrs 6.7 mill

only a few big name FA's left

rafalski
kariya
selanne
khabibulin

Rafalski resigned with Jersey...Devs also signed Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis.

Lou had a plan for when Scott left.

id personally lov to see Selann on the rangers....but it wont happen...sigh

unifiedtheory said:
Rafalski resigned with Jersey...Devs also signed Vlad Malakhov and Dan McGillis.

Lou had a plan for when Scott left.

He did, and executed it almost immediately. Obviously, I'm upset about Nieds leaving, but what can you do? He chose family over money and I can't fault him for that. He said in an interview with 1050 ESPN Radio's Don Lagreca ( a HUGE Devils fan) tonight that the Devils offered him the most money and years, and it was the toughest decision he's ever had to make. We'll miss him in Jersey for sure, and I wish him the best of luck in Anaheim. I just wish he had decided sooner so we could've signed Foote or Aucoin.

I'm obviously thrilled Raffy re-signed- that was huge. Malakhov- good signing, just too much money- Lou gave him $3.6 mil a year for 2 years. That's too much for Malakhov. I expect him to be logging major ice time on the 2nd pairing for that kind of cash. Malakhov excelled under Robinson when we had in him in 2000, and Larry is very excited to be coaching him again, so it could turn out good with Malakhov. Not to mention he was the Flyers' best d-man in the playoffs last year. He'll help. McGillis- I've never thought too highly of Dan McGillis. He's a decent #4, but he's never been one of my favorites. He's prone to bad decision making too often for my liking, as much as he can knock your block off and has a cannon of a shot. McGillis was royally burned by Elias in 2000 on the game-winner in game 7 against the Flyers. All in all, I'm not too thrilled with my D right now. It certainly isn't bad, but is a Cup-winning D? No, I don' think so. Stevens is still a ?, and even if he returns, it's still below normal Devils fan standards IMO, with Stevens' health up in the air. I hope and think Lou has more up his sleeve.

Apparently Lou was willing to bend over backwards to get Rob in New Jersey inorder to keep Scott. Some of the TV stations up here were saying that Lamoriello told Scott that he'd go and sign Rob if he wanted him to, and if he couldn't this year that he definately would next year.

You can tell how badly he was wanted if he was offered the max, plus an assurance to acquire his brother.

Honus Joglund said:
Apparently Lou was willing to bend over backwards to get Rob in New Jersey inorder to keep Scott. Some of the TV stations up here were saying that Lamoriello told Scott that he'd go and sign Rob if he wanted him to, and if he couldn't this year that he definately would next year.

You can tell how badly he was wanted if he was offered the max, plus an assurance to acquire his brother.

We almost got Rob 2 years ago from Calgary, but Anaheim out-bid us at the last minute.

Can't wait to watch some ATL hockey this year. Holik will be a nice addition to go with our young guys..(maybe even Stefan)

Jesus H.....Khabibulin to the Blackhawks! Who is this team from Chicago that's actually spending money?

GreenMonster said:
Can't wait to watch some ATL hockey this year. Holik will be a nice addition to go with our young guys..(maybe even Stefan)

Patrick Stefan? :rofl3:

I think the word MEGA bust would apply here....

Paul Kariya just signed in Nashville for less than Roberts and Niew took in Florida...

I'd take Kariya over but of them anyday. I can't believe the Preds got him so cheap.

Crisis said:
Paul Kariya just signed in Nashville for less than Roberts and Niew took in Florida...

I'd take Kariya over but of them anyday. I can't believe the Preds got him so cheap.

That's a STEAL for the Preds at that price, the Bruins could have really used a winger like Kariya. :shakeno:

EDIT: Not so much of a steal after seeing the actual deal. I was under the impression that the Preds would be recieving Kariya's services for a total of 4 million over 2 years, not 4 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom