MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Flyers steal a win in Toronto 5-2. The Game was tough early but the Flyers seem to have a knack for winning 3rd periods now after that horrid start. They seem to be in better condition, although they had a week off.

"Miller has been great...word is he is a LOCK for Team USA at the Olympics...maybe as the number 2 guy."

id start him over esche or dipietro thats for sure

Slappy8800 said:
id start him over esche or dipietro thats for sure

He gets the nod at this point for the #2 spot over Esche but throwing him into the fire of a tournament like that would be a mistake in my opinion.

Dipietro is the future of Team USA in goal. He has a lot of international experience (for a goalie who is still that young).

I think Rick gets the go as the #1 and Team USA does what Canada has done with Luongo, play him against the Latvia's of the world but let Dipietro play against the powerful teams.

Slappy8800 said:
id like to offically point and laugh at the penguins now

HAHA!

I had a bet with a Pens fan that the Flyers would be better than the Pens. I'm looking good right now, all though the Flyers lost in OT to the Canidiots last night in Montreal.

Well, I went to the Devils game tonight- another bad loss, but MUCH more important is Marty's health. He left in the 3rd with a knee imjury while the enitre CAA held their breath. Our defense sucks. Plain and simple. Malakhov and McGillis are garbage. Absolute GARBAGE. Call Hale up and keep Brown- who has surprisingly played very well- in the lineup when White gets back. Between the two of them Malasuck and McUsless are making over $5 mil too, which is mind boggling. We can't play a lick of defense and we don't protect the front of our net AT ALL. I'm surprised Marty didn't get hurt sooner- as it is this group of clowns on the backline took 9 games to get Marty injured. Horrible passing, too many turnovers to count, seemingly zero chemistry. I just pray Marty's injury is nothing serious.

I can't get a read on the Avalanche since no damn games are being televised. It seems to be a defensive problem because we have plenty of scoring chances.

thought you all would like this... :wink:

clear.gif

for more of her check out...
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=87935&page=1&pp=15

unifiedtheory said:
He gets the nod at this point for the #2 spot over Esche but throwing him into the fire of a tournament like that would be a mistake in my opinion.

Dipietro is the future of Team USA in goal. He has a lot of international experience (for a goalie who is still that young).

I think Rick gets the go as the #1 and Team USA does what Canada has done with Luongo, play him against the Latvia's of the world but let Dipietro play against the powerful teams.

Do you see still see Brodeur as the number 1 keeper for Canada ?
Before this season I would've easily said yes and I still think so, but he's been sub-par and Luongo's had some ridiculous games. So there might be a controversy brewing...

Pink_Dove said:
Do you see still see Brodeur as the number 1 keeper for Canada ?
Before this season I would've easily said yes and I still think so, but he's been sub-par and Luongo's had some ridiculous games. So there might be a controversy brewing...

Luongo has been stellar but Gretz and Pat Quinn are loyal guys.

Marty will get the gig for sure. He is arguably the greatest international goalie Canada has ever had. He'll get his game straightened out at some point in time.

I do see Luongo getting a game or two in Italy though. He'll play the pre-lim games against the Latvia's of the world but Marty is the guy in the medal round.

Luongo IS the guy for Vancouver in 2010 though...of that I have no doubt.

One thing to watch for with the Canadian Olympic team is the #3 goalie. Cujo has been standing on his head in Pheonix (and is a Gretzky guy) and Belfour is playing well in TO (and is a Quinn guy). Could be a bit of a power struggle.

On the Olympics....Canada's roster is sick. They could put a "B" team out there and perhaps that team would be favoured. Looking at the preliminary list they had to hand in there "C" team would be damn good....looking forward to them bringing home the Gold. :D

SMadison29 said:
I can't get a read on the Avalanche since no damn games are being televised. It seems to be a defensive problem because we have plenty of scoring chances.

I saw them last week (in Vancouver). The defense is playing terrible. The rookie Peter Budaj was between the pipes and was excellent although you'd never know it from the 6-4 final score. There was an empty net goal and the other five goals he had ZERO chance on.

The main issue was their penalty killing is not good and Ossi Vaananen took a STUPID penalty that killed the Av's....the guy is a horror show, I would have thrown my beer at him a few times if it did'nt cost me $8.00.

The defense just is'nt physical....they miss Adam Foote so much.

They are scoring though....the Tanguay, Sakic, Hejduk line was great the night I saw them. They owned the place when they were on the ice...so many chances.

Lecroix needs to acquire a physical defenseman....very difficult with how pressed up against the cap they are.

They also sent Wojtek Wolski back to Junior this week. He was playing great with the big club but I think Lecroix does'nt want to lose a year of service on him just yet. Watch out for him next year though. He has good hands and good size.

Could anyone get me the links to the Bertuzzi hit on Moore and the Moore hit on Naslund?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom