MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

Thorton a shark, this deal is a bad one for the bruins, but I think that San JOse isnt the right place for Joe either. I mean the sharks are not doing great either. Mabey with Joe in the lineup that will change

anyone else think that the Pens should keep fleury down one more year and then move him up next year?

pescod said:
Thorton a shark, this deal is a bad one for the bruins, but I think that San JOse isnt the right place for Joe either. I mean the sharks are not doing great either. Mabey with Joe in the lineup that will change

What a mistake the Bruins made

PeaTearGriffin said:
anyone else think that the Pens should keep fleury down one more year and then move him up next year?

Not sure about that one Peatear. 2 reasons why:

1) The Pens recently released Jocelyn Thibault who was asked to keep the seat warm for Fleury this year. The only other candidate for the job would be Sebastien Caron. I'd rather have Fleury in net, as young as he is, over Caron.

2) Fleury has a 10-2, 1.57 GAA and .939 save % in 12 games with Wilkes-Barre Scranton, the Pens minor league affiliate. He's proven he can play at the AHL level, now it's time to show he can do it at the NHL level.
Right now he's got 5 wins and 16 losses in his career with a 3.4ish GAA and .902 save %. Sure he's playing on a brutal Pens team (especially defensively) but they won't be better next year with the salary cap now in place. They've got a lot of dough tied up in Leclair, Recchi, Palffy and Gonchar. They need some good young defensemen, which you can only find through the draft.

He'll have his bumps and bruises at the NHL level but he'll be better for it.
The key for him is learning to control his rebounds and have better positioning. He gets away with his ligthning quick reflexes in the AHL but that won't cut it in the NHL.

Sabres come back from 2-0 to the Habs and win 3-2 in OT.

Tim Connolly is finally turning into a true #1 center, Brian Campbell is turning into our best blue liner, and Chris Drury had a clutch goal.

Without Briere and Dumont still, although Pominville has really stepped up since being called up.

unifiedtheory said:
Old habits die hard...Bruins - 3 Sens - 0

Marco Sturm had 2 points...

What a game by Toivoinen. Looked very good out there and got a standing ovation at the end of the game.

Crisis said:
Out of curiosity, what are the Flyers 1st round picks in that same time period?

1985 glen seabrooke
1986 kelly huffman
1987 darren rumble
1988 claude bovin
1989 greg johnson
1990 mike ricci
1991 forsberg
1992 ryan sittler
1993 janne niinima
1994 artem anisimov
1995 brian boucher
1996 danius zubrus
1997 jean marc pelletier
1998 simone gagne
1999 mixime ouellet
2000 justin williams
2001 jeff woywitka
2002 joni pitkanen
2003 jeff carter/ mike richards
2004 rob bellamy
2005 steve downie

Slappy8800 said:
1985 glen seabrooke
1986 kelly huffman
1987 darren rumble
1988 claude bovin
1989 greg johnson
1990 mike ricci
1991 forsberg
1992 ryan sittler
1993 janne niinima
1994 artem anisimov
1995 brian boucher
1996 danius zubrus
1997 jean marc pelletier
1998 simone gagne
1999 mixime ouellet
2000 justin williams
2001 jeff woywitka
2002 joni pitkanen
2003 jeff carter/ mike richards
2004 rob bellamy
2005 steve downie

Bob Clark sold his soul in 2003.

Anyone see the goon show between Ottawa and LA last night? Avery is such a chicken sh*t. See him turtle when McGratton went after him. Too bad the Sens don't get to play the Kings again this year. I'd love to see McGratton of Chara pummel that assclown.

On a side note, I am starting to seriously wonder if Ottawa will lose back-to-back game all year.

pigskinguy said:
Anyone see the goon show between Ottawa and LA last night? Avery is such a chicken sh*t. See him turtle when McGratton went after him. Too bad the Sens don't get to play the Kings again this year. I'd love to see McGratton of Chara pummel that assclown.

On a side note, I am starting to seriously wonder if Ottawa will lose back-to-back game all year.

Avery will get his...someone will eventually get a hold of him before he turtles.

He is a piece of crap.

Back
Top Bottom