MERGED: Official NHL Thread | Page 42 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Official NHL Thread

my boy kyle wellwood is making quite an impression...

The rookie forward skated on the first line with Mats Sundin and fellow rookie Alex Steen in last night's 4-3 overtime win over the Montreal Canadiens. While the line didn't hit the scoresheet together, they showed coach Pat Quinn enough that they'll remain together for at least the next little while.
"It worked pretty well," Quinn said of the newly formed line. "Young Wellwood is a smart little player. He dazzled a couple of times but he dazzled us a couple of times too."

Count Sundin among those dazzled by Wellwood.

"Kyle is one of those guys who I keep watching and I'm amazed at his hockey sense and the way he can create out there out of almost nothing," Sundin said. "Tonight again he almost scored two highlight goals all by himself. I love to play with him. Keep him on my line all year. I like it."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2005/11/27/1326251-sun.html

d-day said:
my boy kyle wellwood is making quite an impression...

The rookie forward skated on the first line with Mats Sundin and fellow rookie Alex Steen in last night's 4-3 overtime win over the Montreal Canadiens. While the line didn't hit the scoresheet together, they showed coach Pat Quinn enough that they'll remain together for at least the next little while.
"It worked pretty well," Quinn said of the newly formed line. "Young Wellwood is a smart little player. He dazzled a couple of times but he dazzled us a couple of times too."

Count Sundin among those dazzled by Wellwood.

"Kyle is one of those guys who I keep watching and I'm amazed at his hockey sense and the way he can create out there out of almost nothing," Sundin said. "Tonight again he almost scored two highlight goals all by himself. I love to play with him. Keep him on my line all year. I like it."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2005/11/27/1326251-sun.html

Damn D-Day...I hear it at home and now I hear it here...LOL!:yell:

In all seriousness the Leafs are a HELL of a lot better then I thought they'd be, I was thinking they would miss the playoffs.

If they can stay healthy they'll be okay I think...such is the pity...:tongue:.

Pink_Dove said:
:( Ouch. Decent start with Dahlen, Leetch and Kovalev. But from '96 to '04, the Rangers struck out almost with every player.
I think Staal was a solid pick though.

that was my point exactly

clear.gif
OWNED!

Out of curiosity, what are the Flyers 1st round picks in that same time period?

Sabres 15 out of 16 pts last 8 games with key injuries...(miller, briere, dumont out)

Yes My New Jersey Devils Won!
Great Goal By Number 89 to win it with like 29 seconds left. Sweet Game!

pescod said:
Yes My New Jersey Devils Won!
Great Goal By Number 89 to win it with like 29 seconds left. Sweet Game!

Not a sweet game.

A typical Bruins game though.

Get a lead, sit back on said lead in the third period, hang your goalie out to dry and lose the game late in regulation or in overtime.

Mike Sullivan is WAYYYYY over his head this year. He has not adjusted his coaching style to align with the new rules. The team plays like it is two years ago. They get leads and fail to KEEP SKATING. They sit back, take penalties and let teams catch up.

The defense is in shambles. I guess we are seeing why Mike [size=-1]O'Connell was never allowed to spend money on players. The one year they finally o0pen their wallets they fall flat.[/size]

Yes, they've had their fair share of injuries but that is not an excuse.

They have 2 division wins (in a season when division wins are SO important) and sit 12th in the East and 8 points out of the playoffs.

If [size=-1]O'Connell and or Sullivan last the week I'll be shocked. They could both go. [/size][size=-1]O'Connell is a Sullivan fan and might not be willing to fire him. He'll have to if he wants to save him self.[/size]

unifiedtheory said:
Not a sweet game.

Get a lead, sit back on said lead in the third period, hang your goalie out to dry and lose the game late in regulation or in overtime.

Mike Sullivan is WAYYYYY over his head this year. He has not adjusted his coaching style to align with the new rules. The team plays like it is two years ago. They get leads and fail to KEEP SKATING. They sit back, take penalties and let teams catch up.

The defense is in shambles. I guess we are seeing why Mike [size=-1]O'Connell was never allowed to spend money on players. The one year they finally o0pen their wallets they fall flat.[/size]

They have 2 division wins (in a season when division wins are SO important) and sit 12th in the East and 8 points out of the playoffs.

If [size=-1]O'Connell and or Sullivan last the week I'll be shocked. They could both go. [/size][size=-1]O'Connell is a Sullivan fan and might not be willing to fire him. He'll have to if he wants to save him self.[/size]

Hey unified,

I respect you for giving some love to my Leafs and admitting you were wrong ;)
But you really think O'Connell will go ? Sure the Isbister move and the Leetch signing (4 million is a bit much) are suspect but I think it's a case of the players having quit on Sullivan. He ran the players out of the building 2. 3 weeks ago with some skating after practice and how did they respond ? Poor effort. Not a good sign...

Thornton might be up for the Lady Byng this year which is sad because he could be such a physical force out there instead he's just kind of floating around. Sure h'es getting his share of points but he's a better player than he looks right now.
Another guy that's underachieving is your boy Bergeron, he'll still be a star in a couple years (is he even 20 yet?) but he's regressed compared to his rookie year...
Finally Raycroft isn't stealing games anymore which never helps.

So you get those 3 big guns back in working mode and you've got yourselves a team.
Until then you'll be relying on Sergei and Murray.

unifiedtheory said:
Not a sweet game.

:D Great win for us though. I'll take it. Now we gotta beat Philthy tonight.

Back
Top Bottom