Merged:Post your mid-April season predictions/break down schedule | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged:Post your mid-April season predictions/break down schedule

I like this schedule. It's different, and difficult....

TENNESSEE - W - No opening day flop like last year. This one is ours. We're use to easy opening day home games, but not this year. I for one am glad about that. We wont be taking the Titans lightly like we did the Texans in 2003...

@Cincinnati - W - The Bengals are going to struggle some going with QB C. Palmer IMO. Will he still be starting over Kitna when we play them?? This give us an advantage, plus our defense will show the Bengals how it's done on Prime Time!!

PITTSBURGH - W - The Steelers offense is excting to watch when it's mtached up against average defenses, but we're far from average. Maddox will get pummled, Duce will get stuffed, and Ward and Burress will be locked down very well with the way our secondary is shaping up recently. Besides, we always beat down the Sqeelers when we get them in Miami......

NEW YORK JETS - W - Your typical classic Jets vs Phinz bloodbath. Gotta love it!!!!

@New England - W - We were so close to beating them last year, and we usually at the very least spilt with the Pats. October vs December = Phinz Win.

@Buffalo - W - New HC, and I see lots of growing pains. Nice day for a Buffalo Blowout!!

ST. LOUIS - W - Come on guys, the Rams aren't that graet anymore. They're good, but they are merely a slowed down version of the speed and precision team they were a few years ago. Not nearly as dangerous IMO. We can, and should win this game IMO.

@New York Jets {MON NIGHT} - W - REVENGE!!!! REVENGE!!!!

ARIZONA - W - No cake walk with new HC Denny Green sure to get the guys in Arizona finally playing like a team for the first time in their existance. This is actually a team the Philly Eagles annually have a very tough time with for some reason unknown. We should win this game heading into the BYE.

OPEN - Great week to have our BYE. I'm very happy with it, especially considering rest of the division has theirs in week 3....

@Seattle - L - Seahawks will win their division. Close game IMO, and could go eieth way, but I just have a feeling the Seahwaks will beat us...

@San Francisco - W - The 49ers are toast. Too many big impact losses this off-season. We should win this game IMO...

BUFFALO - W - Bills in Miami = Trouble for Buffalo. Break out the brooms!!!

@Denver - L - As much as I think the Broncos made a huge mistake trading away R C. Portis, the Broncos always play very similar to the way we do at home...TUFF!!!! Close game decided in the final quarter of play....Broncos get the better of us....

NEW ENGLAND - W - It's about time we swept the Patsies don't you guys think???....Monday Night Football in Miami. It doesn't get any better than this folks!!! Phinz make us proud on this night, and shine in the national spotlight by beating the Pats....

CLEVELAND - W - I'm not quite sure what to expect from the Browns this year. They should have a solid offense with new QB J, Garcia taking over. It's the defense that needs help though. Miami at home is too strong for the Browns to handle IMO...

@Baltimore - L - The Ravens have possibly one of the best, most perfectly balanced rosters I've ever seen. They have depth everywhere, and the defense is still incredible. We barely beat these gys in Miami last year. In Baltimore I see trouble....
===========================================

Overview
-------------

12-4 is a very stong possibility this year IMO. We play the the Pats in Foxboro in October, and we play the Bills in Orchard Park a week later. Very favorable...

On top of that, we play the Jets at the Meadowlands on Nov 1st on Monday Night Football!!!!!.....REVENGE!!!! SWEET REVENGE FOR THE MONDAY NIGHT MIRACLE!!!!

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but I think we can beat the St. Louis Rams in Dolphins Country.:cpatch:

I don't think 13-3 is out of the question. This team is good, and this is a very critical season on many levels. Add the new coaching additions {Collier / Trestman / Sullivan}, and they're certainly capable of that IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!!:evil:

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Justasportsfan
From what you hear? You gotta do better than that especially since you are saying the bills will suck. At least bring something to the table.

From what I hear Mularkey had the best running game in 2002 (?) and turned his wr's into two 1,000 wr's in 1 season. Made probowlers out of slumping qb's like Kordell and Maddox. His OL sucked last year.

If Mularkey even turns out to be better than Greghead Williams, the bills could turn out to be one hell of a team. We already had the no.2 D. We may have lost Winfield who was the best tackling cb, but he couldn't pick his nose if he wanted to.

Look, I am not saying he can turn the bills O arround.Jury is still out. I am merely arguing your logic. Finchips said it well, we are both on the same situation.

St. Clair was a bench warmer. Who knows how soon/well Mcintosh will recover from his injury. Do you remember a guy by the name of Jamie Nails. I remember people here saying he's 100% prior to the season starting.

ok you got me, I will suspend judgement on the Bills until the season starts. That said I think Miami will have a great year.

Far too early, just for the hell of it, predictions...

Sun.,Sep. 12: Tennessee, 1 p.m. - (W) Miami almost never loses a home opener and Tennessee has lost ground on the DL and at WR. Heat won't be a really big factor because Tennessee is toasty in September too. Wild Card: If Feeley gets the start, he has never won against a top defense.

Sun., Sep. 19: at Cincinnati, 8:30 p.m. - (W) This one might be closer than people think. However, I don't see Cinci stopping Ricky with that DL...

Sun., Sep. 26: Pittsburgh, 1 p.m. - (W) Miami will wear white and force the Steelers into black jerseys in that Florida heat. The addition of Staley will help last year's awful Steeler running game. However, Boston and Chambers should have a bigger day against a depleted Pitt secondary.

Sun., Oct. 3: New York Jets, 4:15 p.m. - (W) Miami's only heat game against a division opponant. The addition of McCareins will be a nice boost for an already good Jets offense. However, the Gang Green defense is BAD and has done very little to improve in the offseason. Miami wins a fairly high scoring game by a TD.

Sun., Oct. 10: at New England, 1 p.m. - (L) Thank heaven this game is not the finale. Even absent lat year's blizzard and a drop off in personnel from last year's SB team, the Pats find a way to win at home again with a FG in the final seconds...

Sun., Oct. 17: at Buffalo, 1 p.m. - (W) The Bills have replaced nearly all of their offseason losses except for FB Sam Gash. Bledsoe is done, though. Miami wins another low scoring game between these two...

Sun., Oct. 24: St. Louis, 1 p.m. - (L) The Rams offense is still potent as hell, but the defense lost some ground in the offseason. The grass at Joe Robbie should slow the Rams WRs down some and the Rams will be coming off of a MNF short week. Still, this isn't the type of offense Miami's defense stacks up well against. Miami will need to control the clock AND score at the same time to win this one.

Mon., Nov. 1: at New York Jets, 9 p.m. - (W) The last time Miami went north to play the Jets on MNF, they played 3Q of good ball and 1Q of the worst defense in the history of the franchise. Different teams. Miami sweeps.

Sun., Nov. 7: Arizona Cardinals, 1 p.m. - (W) Boston will want to show off for his old team.

Sun., Nov. 14: Bye

Sun., Nov. 21: at Seattle, 4:05 p.m. - (L) Miami slumps off of bye weeks and that will be enough for the Seahawks to pull one out in a high scoring game.

Sun., Nov. 28: at San Francisco 49ers, 4:15 p.m. - (W) Miami rests on the west coast for the week and avenges a loss from a couple years back. The offseason has been unkind to a previously medicore Niner team.

Sun., Dec. 5: Buffalo, 1 p.m. - (W) The Bills at home in December! Sweep.

Sun., Dec. 12: at Denver, 4:05 p.m. - (L) I like what Denver has done in the offseason on defense. Look for another Bronco rookie RB star to do well. Miami loses a war.

Mon., Dec. 20: New England, 9 p.m. - (W) MNF at home off of a loss with no infield to slip on. Mare kicks the winning FG in the 4Q off the grass...

Sun., Dec. 26: Cleveland, 8:30 p.m. - (W) The Swarm pitches a shutout and Miami wins a low scoring affair.

Sun., Jan. 2: at Baltimore, 1 p.m. - (L) Miami has a chance to go 12-4 and secure a first round bye...up in a winter game against a great defense. :::sigh::: Well, atleast it won't be in Foxboro...

Re: Re: Re: Let's breakdown the sched

Originally posted by Justasportsfan
well what OL do you have now? James by himself does not make you OL complete. At the state of your currentOL , last year was better IMO.

Your opinion isn't well informed. There were only two O lines in the league worse than ours last year. This one can't be any worse.

Re: Post your mid-April season predictions!

Sept. 12 Tennessee 1:00 p.m. - w we're at home and revenge
Sept. 19 at Cincinnati 8:30 p.m. - w
Sept. 26 Pittsburgh 1:00 p.m. - w
Oct. 3 New York Jets 4:15 p.m. w
Oct. 10 at New England 1:00 p.m. L
Oct. 17 at Buffalo 1:00 p.m. w jay fiedler 8-0?
Oct. 24 St. Louis 1:00 p.m. w st louis will be overrated
Nov. 1 at New York Jets 9:00 p.m L we will get ripped off again
Nov. 7 Arizona 1:00 p.m. w
Nov. 14 Open Date 7-2 at half
Nov. 21 at Seattle 4:05 p.m. L
Nov. 28 at San Francisco 4:15 p.m. w
Dec. 5 Buffalo 1:00 p.m. w
Dec. 12 at Denver 4:05 p.m. L
Dec. 20 New England 9:00 p.m. w
Dec. 26 Cleveland 8:30 p.m. w
Jan. 2 at Baltimore 1:00 p.m w

12-4. no way buffalo will beat us at all. drew will continue to get pummeled and if they truly do run more than pass, they will get stuffed by our D. David Boston will give our O the power it needs to overcome tough games. The Oline will be fine come july.

Sept. 12 TENNESSEE TITANS CBS 1:00 W..payback

Sept. 19 at Cincinnati Bengals ESPN 8:30 W..2-0

Sept. 26 PITTSBURGH STEELERS CBS 1:00 W...3-0.black jerseys in heat

Oct. 3 NEW YORK JETS CBS 4:15 W...4-0... grind one out at home

Oct. 10 at New England Patriots CBS 1:00 W/L... No clue how this will end up yet but optimism = 5-0

Oct. 17 at Buffalo Bills CBS 1:00 L..5-1

Oct. 24 ST. LOUIS RAMS FOX 1:00 ...L..5-2..slip up

Nov. 1 at New York Jets ABC 9:00 ... L...5-3...split w/jets

Nov. 7 ARIZONA CARDINALS FOX 1:00 W..6-3..boston pounces on arz.

Nov. 14 BYE ...werd..6-3

Nov. 21 at Seattle Seahawks CBS 4:05 ..L..everyone expects us to win comming off a bye and we lose so L..6-4

Nov. 28 at San Francisco 49ers CBS 4:15..W..1-1 on west coast....7-4

Dec. 5 BUFFALO BILLS CBS 1:00...destroyed....8-4

Dec. 12 at Denver Broncos CBS 4:05..W on a roll from buff.9-4

Dec. 20 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS ABC 9:00 ..W..no matter what happens the first game..10-4

Dec. 26 CLEVELAND BROWNS ESPN 8:30 W..in prime time..11-4

Jan. 2 at Baltimore Ravens CBS 1:00...Win to finish the season. 12-4

My prediction is 12-4..

that was fun i love this site.

I've really gotta say I agree with the Bills fans at this point. We really have the same O-line as last year, just with different average players than we had before.

I'm hoping we'll get some good things out of players who have never been good before (save Jeno).

9-7 is just another excellent breakdown from Clump with no basis or backup to lend credence. (Do you ever add anything other than a cap prediction?)

I would have to go with 10-6 or 11-5 depending on alot of factors that I hope turn out well. (QB, RT) If Feeley is even solid we'll be 12-4, if not. We'll be 10-6 again.

Why does everyone think we'll lose to the Hawks with us coming off of a bye? We perform well in tough road games usually (at least before Decemeber).

No chance of beating Denver or Balt. in their places in snow storms.

I'll update this in June.

Hard to say but i hope we stomp the yets and the jills and the darn patsies twice this year.Dolfanreal69

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
I've really gotta say I agree with the Bills fans at this point. We really have the same O-line as last year, just with different average players than we had before.

I'm hoping we'll get some good things out of players who have never been good before (save Jeno).

9-7 is just another excellent breakdown from Clump with no basis or backup to lend credence. (Do you ever add anything other than a cap prediction?)

I would have to go with 10-6 or 11-5 depending on alot of factors that I hope turn out well. (QB, RT) If Feeley is even solid we'll be 12-4, if not. We'll be 10-6 again.

Why does everyone think we'll lose to the Hawks with us coming off of a bye? We perform well in tough road games usually (at least before Decemeber).

its all gonna be about feeley. In the end of it all HE is the one who has to perform under an average oline. If Feeley has the mind and balls to do it. To win, Feeley has to be the guy that leads us there..at leat with his arm..

The o-line guys have to gel as unit in practice/games and they will be ok, maybe not perfect but adequate. When the starting 5 spots are announced no-one is gonna say from the start ..WOW that guy sucks...people might say unproven(rookie) but in the end we should have an average o-line.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

I read 6 posts in this thread and saw 11-5 or 12-4 in all of them

With the present state of your OL, you will be lucky to win 9 games. Don't start talkin' shee-it about the defense that collapsed yet again down the stretch. same coaching staff(new OC but why is yours better than our new OC?).....the evidence is not there at this point to categorically state your team will be any better than last season. However, that cannot be said about the Bills but in the same breath, y'all say we will be worse than last season but have suffered no major losses and have revamped the coaching staff on the offensive side. We have a much more talented OL than you with one of the best in the history of the NFL now coaching them, we can expect nothing less than improvement as we do have no where but up to go. Better OL play leads to better overall offensive production. Bills lost a number of close games last year because of the offense. Defense force a few more turnovers and the Bills can be 10-6 and with a few breaks 11-5 but that will require a major impact from the draft as well as McGahee. I'll wait until Aug/Sept to make a more informed prediction

I'm not gonna predict which games we'll win or lose but I do think that 12-4 is posible if AJ turns out to be a solid starter for us and the o-line can learn to play together. We have to keep on mind that the o-line takes time to funtion as a unit and we'll have 4 new starters. There're some hard games in there and I'm not sure that we'll sweep the whole division as some of you guys are predicting. Then we have Tenn,ravens, Broncos and the Rams too so is not gonna be easy. I said 12-4 but it could just as easy gbe 10 and 6 again. I'm hoping that we can do better in the division cos that's the key.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom