Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9?

If Quinn is there at our pick you have to take him. You use the same philosophy that Shula did when he drafted Marino. We might be better off trying to find a LT next year as their seems to be more highly regarded prospects available in the first round like Long and Baker. Back to Quinn, you never pass up the chance to take a franchise signal caller unless you have one that will be with your team for the next 10yrs.

How can you judge a college QB on his winning or not winning the big game in his career? That's sort of like saying that Marino isn't one of the best QBs ever because he didn't win the superbowl. Football remains a team game on every level, so it doesn't really matter whether or not "1" player happens to be on a team that wins something significant. What we should be judging Quinn on is his individual production which has been great. He has progressed nicely every year and threw for 37 TDs and only 7 INTs, with a 61.9 comp pct rate and a 146.65 QB rating his senior year.

Your argument that he didn't get hype until Weiss came around is lacking. The 2 years of his career before Weiss came are commonly referred to as "freshman" and "sophmore" year. To expect "greatness" in those first, learning years is ludicrous. What you want to see out of these years is progress; which is what Quinn has displayed. Let's also not forget that most college football players hardly ever see the field in their first 2 seasons; let alone at the QB position and a very high profile college. Weiss also runs a pro style offense, which should be an indicator the Quinn can handle a similar system in the NFL.

We would be extremely fortunate to land Quinn at #9. Look at the numbers, they speak for themselves. Don't judge the man's college career on the Sugar Bowl. Judge it as a collective whole.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=150329

Excellent and informative post. Weiss has also stated that Quinn is a quick study and picked up his vast playbook without any problems. He is the most NFL ready of any QB coming out this year.

If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback. You could make a case for the Texans or Vikings to draft Quinn, but I don't expect that to happen. "

Then I hope the Browns follow Kiper's prediction and draft Peterson. Vikings have Jackson and I'm sure Childress will want to try him out. Viks need a veteran non-statue-legged QB, not another rookie.

Brad528 said:
I hope not because I personally think that Quinn is highly overrated and hasnt won a big game in his career. He struggled early and didnt get the hype untill Weiss came on and even then didnt impress me too much against high grade opponents

If Brady Quinn hasn't won the big game, neither has Culpepper. So what's the point?

definitely could happen and I think it will, I posted a mock draft of the top 9 a week ago in which I had Quinn falling to us and I explained why other teams won't take him and why he will fall to us. he will be a great QB anybody who says otherwise has fallen off their rocker

I hope not because I personally think that Quinn is highly overrated and hasnt won a big game in his career. He struggled early and didnt get the hype untill Weiss came on and even then didnt impress me too much against high grade opponents

I agree a 110%. I think hes like Aaron Rodgers of this draft.

The Browns apparantly really want Peterson. They'll look at Quinn because he's a local guy and a Browns fan, but Charlie Frye looked ok when healthy (considering his only two real threats on offense are Edwards and Winslow).

first off Rodgers hasn't played enough for anyone to be able to call him a bust, secondly care to explain how Quinn is like Rodgers? I don't see any similiarities

first off Rodgers hasn't played enough for anyone to be able to call him a bust, secondly care to explain how Quinn is like Rodgers? I don't see any similiarities

he means he's projected by many as first overall, but falls because of other needs.

Although I believe Culpepper is going to be just fine, it sure is an attractive pick. I just don't think we can pass him up if he falls to us. It would mean the best of both worlds because either Daunte gets back to his old self and then we have two good QBs, or we end up with our franchise QB for the future. (Assuming Quinn is a solid player of course.)

Considering Aaron Rodgers has yet to start a game only because Brett Favre is still creaking around, I wouldn't call him a bust yet. And Rodgers is a Tedford QB. Tedford's system tends to stunt a QB's true abilities. Quinn is a Weis product. Though the only other Weis QB is Tom Brady, I'd say that's a pretty good standard to look at.

If Quinn is there at our pick you have to take him. You use the same philosophy that Shula did when he drafted Marino. We might be better off trying to find a LT next year as their seems to be more highly regarded prospects available in the first round like Long and Baker. Back to Quinn, you never pass up the chance to take a franchise signal caller unless you have one that will be with your team for the next 10yrs.

I agree. The fact that we have not made the qb a high priority in the past in the draft has set this franchise in it's current loser mode. We should have been drafting a qb every year. They are that important. Picking up other teams waste at qb is the game plan of the Raiders. Let's not sink to that level.

You take Quinn if he is there, sit him for a year(just like the Rivers situation) and see what Daunte has. If Daunte does not work out then you have your QB waiting in the wings. If Daunte does return to old form then you have a high profile player "Quinn" in a high profile position with high trade value.

Back
Top Bottom