Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Quinn falls to the Dolphins at #9?

you guys are missing the Quinn/Rodgers comparison. It's not in their play or that Rodgers is a bust. Rodgers was believed to be the number 1 overall pick, but the 9ers took Smith, then we passed, then Chicago, then Tampa, ect. He's saying that Quinn will have that type of drop.

I'd say he'll have more of a Leinart drop since Rodgers, while a good prospect, would've been a mid to late first rounder anyways had Leinart declared

you guys are missing the Quinn/Rodgers comparison. It's not in their play or that Rodgers is a bust. Rodgers was believed to be the number 1 overall pick, but the 9ers took Smith, then we passed, then Chicago, then Tampa, ect. He's saying that Quinn will have that type of drop.

I'd say he'll have more of a Leinart drop since Rodgers, while a good prospect, would've been a mid to late first rounder anyways had Leinart declared

No, the fact that he agreed "110%" with the post that he's quoting (that says Quinn can't win the big games, is overrated, and we shouldn't draft him) tends to say he's very much biased against Quinn and compares him to Aaron Rodgers (who also didn't win the big game). If he wanted to compare QB's dropping, then Matt Leinart would've been a more comparable example.

::Taken from Mel Kiper's page on ESPN Insider 02/06/07::

"In my latest first-round projection, I have underclassmen making up half of the top 32 picks, including 12 of the first 20 spots on the board.

I still have LSU junior QB JaMarcus Russell going with the first overall pick to Oakland. However, the biggest buzz could center around Oklahoma junior RB Adrian Peterson (6-1½, 223 pounds). His workout numbers at the NFL combine should look something like this: 4.37 in the 40-yard dash; 38-inch vertical leap; and eight percent body fat. I have Peterson going to Cleveland, which will have either the third or fourth pick, depending on a coin flip tiebreaker with Tampa Bay; but there also could be several teams interested in trading up to get Peterson.

If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback. You could make a case for the Texans or Vikings to draft Quinn, but I don't expect that to happen. "
cam wont draft a qb in the first rd:cooldude:

You take Quinn if he is there, sit him for a year(just like the Rivers situation) and see what Daunte has. If Daunte does not work out then you have your QB waiting in the wings. If Daunte does return to old form then you have a high profile player "Quinn" in a high profile position with high trade value.

Or if Daunte returns to his old form, either (a) hang onto him for another year to give Quinn more time to be ready to take over and then trade Daunte, or (b) trade him next year when his value is still high.

If we are going to draft Quinn, if he falls to us, that means we are investing in him as our franchise QB. If we do that, there is no way we are trading him off. I would see us do the same thing the Chargers did with Philip Rivers and Drew Brees. It would be great if Quinn falls to us, but the draft is still 2 months away (it's the end of April right?). A lot can happen between now and then, some players stock can fall, others can rise, and other teams can trade up.

I wrote an article describing why I think the Dolphins should take Quinn if he's available. Click on the link in my signature to read it.

I hope not because I personally think that Quinn is highly overrated and hasnt won a big game in his career. He struggled early and didnt get the hype untill Weiss came on and even then didnt impress me too much against high grade opponents

if you mean 0-2 in bowl games then no he hasn't. or if you mean beating teams like Michigan (twice), tennessee (twice), and Penn st. then he has. quinn will be the best player in the draft, and i doubt that he is there at 9, but if he is miami should jump all over him.

No, the fact that he agreed "110%" with the post that he's quoting (that says Quinn can't win the big games, is overrated, and we shouldn't draft him) tends to say he's very much biased against Quinn and compares him to Aaron Rodgers (who also didn't win the big game). If he wanted to compare QB's dropping, then Matt Leinart would've been a more comparable example.

leinert dropped because he has no arm strength.

you are right that rogers dropped because he really should not have been rated as high as he was. he was just the 2nd rated QB in a bad class and teams were not missing out on anyone. quinn will be a franchise QB

I wrote an article describing why I think the Dolphins should take Quinn if he's available. Click on the link in my signature to read it.

if Quinn makes it past the top 3 teams than he should fall to us because after those 3 nobody else who want him picks before we do. Oaklank will take Russel, Detriot will take Joe Thomas, and Cleveland will take Adrian Peterson meaning Quinn will fall to us at #9

Back
Top Bottom