Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

Aqua4Ever04 said:
lol is that a serious question?

Reggie Bush is among the likes of O.J Simpson and Marcus Allen

Maybe we should let him play at least a down in the NFL before we start reserving space in Canton.

This is utterly ridiculous. The hype surrounding Bush is unbelievable. He's already been heralded as the next Gale Sayers. He's already got a bust in Canton. The sports media is already referring to the draft as "The Reggie Bush Sweepstakes" and practically suggesting teams should be losing out to get him.

The guy is very talented. However, he wasn't all that spectacular his first two years given his team. This year, he's faced the rushing defenses of Hawaii (98th), Arkansas (36th), Oregon (40th), Arizona State (91st), Arizona (93rd), Notre Dame (26th), Washington (50th), Washington State (66th), Stanford (69th), California (25th), Fresno State (56th), and UCLA (117th - dead last). So while most of these teams couldn't stop Reggie Bush, they couldn't stop anybody else either. Bush doesn't break many tackles - he hasn't had to. He's a talented player, but coming from USC it's got to be hard not to.

I've watched Bush play a number of times. The guy should be getting 10 yards a carry (as he usually does) because that's the first time he gets hit! This year, I'd rather have DeAngelo Williams or Laurence Maroney. Talented guys, but guys who know how to work for yards as well. Larry Johnson is starting to tear it up in the NFL much like he did in college. Bush is a bit small. Johnson is built like a Mack truck and has great speed - when he averaged 7.7 YPC in 2002, he had to break a lot of tackles to get there. He didn't have an all-pro offensive line.

Johnson was labeled just another Penn State bust. Now he's among the league's best in running backs. In 2002, Penn State did not have a real passing threat. Johnson was the offense. This year, USC has a sickeningly talented offense. EVERYBODY on that offense looks better. Bush, White, Leinart, Jarrett - they all work together. You think Bush is going to succeed on the Jets? Fat chance. Among the 1,000 yard rushers in Division I-A, you know who is second in yards per carry? LenDale White. Hey, isn't he on USC too? I wonder where that comes from.

Actually in all truth POTENTIALLY, Bush could be one of the best RB to ever play the game, but (No disrespect to all that are already giving him that title) he still has to prove it on the NFL field. In the NFL he could end up being a stiff after having an amazing college career just like....Blair Thomas, Ki-Jana Carter, Lawrence Phillips, Ron Dayne, Tyrone Wheatley, Curtis Enis, Rashaan Salaam, George Rogers....

All those RB and many more were thought to be quality RBs, and a few like Thomas, Carter, Phillips, Rogers, were thought to be all world RBs would be can't lose franchise backs when they were coming (Just like Bush). All it takes is one good hit, laziness in the nfl, or self doubt, and they become ordinary very quick, because in the NFL you will not get by on just the talent you have in college, you will have to bring up even more, and work hard to continue to succeed.

bush is a great player, but ive kinda gotten sick of his hype too... i mean when you have a team as talented all around as that one its hard not to look good...

but ima say bush this season was the better college player than ronnie... but that doesn't mean anything... jj arrington was the better college player than ronnie last year too, and we see where that has gone so far...

bush is kinda small and i wonder if he bulks up how it'll effect his speed... i dont know, the hype has gotten a little crazy if you ask me...

Man I'm like anybody else, you watch Bush's highlights and you are amazed at what he does. He looks like he is going to be a great back. But going along the same lines as the post above about the types of competition he has faced. Look at the holes that he has to run through. Keith Traylor could run for 1000 yards going through those holes. I dont think he's going to get that same kind of look in the NFL. His game might just be that good, but until he is running against some linebackers that are just as fast as him, and running through some small windows, I'll take Ronnie.

flintsilver7 said:
This is utterly ridiculous. The hype surrounding Bush is utterly unbelievable.
utterly twice in the first two sentences is a nice way to start a post

The pro running back of course, not a peon in college especially when he is surrounded by the best talent in college...

SMH@ some of these questions

Mrcarciero said:
ok, so who was better in college?

Bush dominated this year. (Go check out a video of him I posted in the College section). It is impossible to say who was better in college because Ronnie had to share the load. Bush was of course a lot more sucessfull, but he had more carries.

Fish_Fan4Life said:
Bush dominated this year. (Go check out a video of him I posted in the College section). It is impossible to say who was better in college because Ronnie had to share the load. Bush was of course a lot more sucessfull, but he had more carries.

Bush had to share the load with Lendale White but has been good enough to keep all eyes locked on him. White is no slouch, but Bush is CRAZY!

Back
Top Bottom