Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

Aqua4Ever04 said:
lol is that a serious question?

Reggie Bush is among the likes of O.J Simpson and Marcus Allen

He's not among the likes of anything until he does it at the NFL level, many a flashy player have looked incredible versus the weaker overall talent level of college football.

Its a question that really can't be answered right now, its easy to say Reggie Bush had a greater college career, but, he also didn't have to split carries with Cadilac Williams. He also had the luxury of playing with a great college QB and a probable 3 time national champ. team around him.

Mrcarciero said:
Who is the better running back?

Like the others have said, it is impossible to compare. We will have to wait and see until Bush gets into the NFL, plain and simple.

I also think it will be very hard for Bush to live up to this hype, its iridiculous. ESPN did a piece comparing him to Gale Sayers! C'mon!, the guy is still in college on an absoulutely loaded team...

Shamboubou said:
Look at the holes that he has to run through. Keith Traylor could run for 1000 yards going through those holes.

:sidelol:

very good post dude

Mrcarciero said:
Common guys!!! A simple answer please. Its not like ronnie has been playing in the nfl for 10 years. Compare Ronnie last year and Bush this year.

Bush didn't share a backfield with an All-American RB either.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
lol is that a serious question?

Reggie Bush is among the likes of O.J Simpson and Marcus Allen

In USC history maybe.

Personally id take Ronnie

Ronnie is bigger, he's still fast, he finishes runs very well, he gives a blow to the defender rather than just taking hits, he blocks well and he can catchs

Bush is fast, but will he put the same moves on NFL defenders? Will he be able to pass block? Does he have the size? There are more question marks than people think

I guess I just have to wait to see bush put on an nfl jersey and run

NawlinsBucFan said:
Bush had to share the load with Lendale White but has been good enough to keep all eyes locked on him. White is no slouch, but Bush is CRAZY!

So your comapring LenDale White to Caddy? From a Bucs fan no less? :eek: Wow

SpeedRush99 said:
So your comapring LenDale White to Caddy? From a Bucs fan no less? :eek: Wow

Lendale is a stud, 1100 yard season I believe. He isnt sharing the back field w/ a scrub, White will be a first round pick after all.

It's a fair comparison. Both Bush and Brown shared the carries in college with another great back. Neither has shown that he can carry the load (25+ carries) on a consistent basis in the NFL. Both played on very talented college teams with a 1st round pick QB.

Bush definitely put up the better numbers in college and is more spectacular on film. It did often look like he was running through some huge holes, but you can't say he didn't make the most of it.

Barry Sanders last year in college is still, by far, the greatest season any running back has ever had.

Fineas said:
It's a fair comparison. Both Bush and Brown shared the carries in college with another great back. Neither has shown that he can carry the load (25+ carries) on a consistent basis in the NFL. Both played on very talented college teams with a 1st round pick QB.

Bush definitely put up the better numbers in college and is more spectacular on film. It did often look like he was running through some huge holes, but you can't say he didn't make the most of it.

Barry Sanders last year in college is still, by far, the greatest season any running back has ever had.

when comparing that they both played with first round QB's in college

Jason Campbell was barley a first round pick and probally shouldnt have been imo

I think every GM would take Bush over Ronnie. If Houston gets the number 1 pick Miami should offer them Ronnie the way some of you are talking

Bush certainly has the potential to be one of the best, but we wont really know til he gets to the NFL. the moves he has are unbelievable though

Alex22 said:
when comparing that they both played with first round QB's in college

Jason Campbell was barley a first round pick and probally shouldnt have been imo

Is being "barely a first round pick" anything like being a little bit pregnant? The point is that they both played for teams with quality college QBs, i.e., teams that could and did throw the ball.

Back
Top Bottom