Merged: Reggie Bush | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Reggie Bush

Aqua4Ever04 said:
OK well then yea, Reggie Bush IMO is the greatest college RB of all time

I just saw one of the video clips on the college board and im freaking out!!!!!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No personal attack or anything but how old are you?

28, Ive been following the nfl for 15 years but I live in Montreal, Canada where nfl and especially college football is not that popular.

oic, i just got the impression that you were a lot younger because you really cant miss bush here in the states

I'll tell you what ... If im in a tight spot and need a big play I'd rather have ronnie brown any day. This guy has truly given me no reason to doubt him in any way as a RB in EVERY GAME.

"Second pick in the draft? He looks like it. He looks like probably as good as any player to come into the league this year, probably the best back that I've seen since [LaDainian] Tomlinson, in terms of her young backs that we've faced."
-Bill Belichick http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=13839&pcid=41

I'll tell you what ... If im in a tight spot and need a big play I'd rather have ronnie brown any day. This guy has truly given me no reason to doubt him in any way as a RB in EVERY GAME.

I love Ronnie Brown, but I don't think you'd find too many people outside of Miami that agree with you. And not all that many IN Miami.

Did you watch much Reggie Bush this year?

34isback said:
I think Bush is faster, and Brown's speed was overrated

You think Bush is faster? Way to go out on a limb w/ that. I think the world is round.

Bush was by far the better college player, that doesnt mean he will turn out to be a better pro.

There are tons of great RB's in college that don't do squat in the pros.
Ki-Jana Carter
Rashaan Salaam
Ricky Ervins
and on and on...

Reggie Bush has all the potential in the world, but the one concern about him is can he be the guy that carries it 25+ times, or will he turn into a Westbrook or even like an Eric Metcalf...A lot of people seem to forget that he is splitting carries as well, with White (who holds USC's all time TD record, by the way).

nopony said:
I love Ronnie Brown, but I don't think you'd find too many people outside of Miami that agree with you. And not all that many IN Miami.

Did you watch much Reggie Bush this year?

The difference is that as good as USC and Bush are, the NCAA never will be the NFL and only time will tell as to if Bush's talent will translate. I personally think that his ability to cut and maintain strength and quickness in his bursts will be somewhat depleted by the fact NFL defenses are far more athletic and powerful than the Pac-10. I still feel he has the potential to be one of the greatest backs of all-time -- He just has that intangible quality, but I'd take what we know now with Brown over the risk of bringing in a Bush in the future.

HysterikiLL said:
The difference is that as good as USC and Bush are, the NCAA never will be the NFL and only time will tell as to if Bush's talent will translate. I personally think that his ability to cut and maintain strength and quickness in his bursts will be somewhat depleted by the fact NFL defenses are far more athletic and powerful than the Pac-10. I still feel he has the potential to be one of the greatest backs of all-time -- He just has that intangible quality, but I'd take what we know now with Brown over the risk of bringing in a Bush in the future.

Stop making intelligent posts. I'm not supposed to be this agreeable in the morning.
:D

Aqua4Ever04 said:
lol is that a serious question?

Reggie Bush is among the likes of O.J Simpson and Marcus Allen

How would you know? Have you ever seen either of them play? I would like to see how good Bush is when he has to actually read blocks. He seems like a good player, but on the other hand when I watch USC play the O-line dominates. I have rarely seen defenders in the backfield. In fact, on most plays no one is near Bush until he's 5-10 yds past the line of scrimmage. The holes won't be that big in the NFL and I'm not sure he duplicate that success in the pros.
He's either going to be another Marcus Allen or he's going to be another Eric Metcalf (situational player).

nlp0121 said:
There are tons of great RB's in college that don't do squat in the pros.
Ki-Jana Carter
Rashaan Salaam
Ricky Ervins
and on and on...

Reggie Bush has all the potential in the world, but the one concern about him is can he be the guy that carries it 25+ times, or will he turn into a Westbrook or even like an Eric Metcalf...A lot of people seem to forget that he is splitting carries as well, with White (who holds USC's all time TD record, by the way).

2 words- Archie Griffin (2 time Heisman trophy winner who did nothing in the pros).

Who looked like the better player in college? Reggie Bush. Who will be the better pro? Noone knows yet.

Back
Top Bottom