MERGED: Rex Ryan says all u dolphins fans we're coming for u/Flips off Dolphin fans | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rex Ryan says all u dolphins fans we're coming for u/Flips off Dolphin fans

I have an Idea NYjunk, buy this costume and go to the games wearing it...... you will look great, exactly as Rextad does!!

inflatablejabbahutt-1.jpg

I did and you spew some apples to apples BS.

The thing about statistic, I can make them say anything I want them too given enough time to dig.

They aren't apples to apples. How in the World are defensive #s from 1999-2008 for Indy and NE the same as baltimore from 2008 to 2009? That makes no sense.

They aren't apples to apples. How in the World are defensive #s from 1999-2008 for Indy and NE the same as baltimore from 2008 to 2009? That makes no sense.

Ok then here is Apples to Apple junc style.

Can you pick out without knowing where Ryan led the Baltimore D to such a vast improvement?

2000 – 10.3ppg, 247.9yds, 60.8rush, 187.3pass
2001 – 16.6ppg, 277.9yds, 88.2rush, 189.7pass
2002 – 22.1ppg, 334.6yds, 110.1rush, 224.4pass
2003 – 17.6ppg, 271.3yds, 96rush, 174.3pass
2004 – 16.8ppg, 300.2yds, 105.1rush, 195.1pass

2005 – 18.7ppg, 284.3yds, 99.4rush, 184.9pass
2006 – 12.6ppg, 264.1yds, 75.9rush, 188.2pass
2007 – 24.0ppg, 301.6yds, 79.3rush, 222.3pass
2008 – 15.3ppg, 261.1yds, 81.4rush, 179.7pass
2009 – 16.3ppg, 300.5yds, 93.3rush, 207.3pass

16.8ppg, 296yds, 91.8rush, 194pass
17.38ppg, 282yds, 84rush, 196pass

Ryan has good to above average defensive knowledge but he was a steward of the Ravens D much like everyone else who coaches it and is not responsible for the architecture of it. If fact you could make the case that Baltimore taught him defense and not the other way around.

I am sorry but 2ppg is not significant, maybe in the playoffs when you get to 4 to 6 ppg that becomes significant because of the quality of opponents.

2ppg is a bad game in the regular season.

Ryan has good to above average defensive knowledge but he was a steward of the Ravens D much like everyone else who coaches it and is not responsible for the architecture of it. If fact you could make the case that Baltimore taught him defense and not the other way around.

I am sorry but 2ppg is not significant, maybe in the playoffs when you get to 4 to 6 ppg that becomes significant because of the quality of opponents.

how_bout_them_apples_tshirtp235441739271-1.jpg

Ok, but take a look at what he did with the Jets.
Here’s a look at how the Jets stacked up in several key defensive indicators last year under Eric Mangini and this year under the Goofy F*ck (a more complete side-by-side comparison of the two defenses is found here):

The 2008 Jets ranked 22nd in Defensive Passer Rating (88.1). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (58.8). That's a stunning improvement of nearly 30 points in this critical indicator of defensive success and that's borderline unprecedented.

The 2008 Jets ranked 23rd in touchdown passes allowed (23). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (8). In other words, the Jets were torched for three touchdowns passes every two games last year. This year? Just one TD pass every two games.

The 2008 Jets ranked 16th in total defense (329.4 YPG). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (252.3). If Chris Farley were interviewing Rex Ryan right now, he'd drool breathlessly, "that was awesome!"

The 2008 Jets ranked 18th in scoring defense (22.2 PPG). They 2009 Jets are No. 1 (14.8 PG). We're not math majors, but that looks like a decline of 33 percent in scoring against the Jets this year. Not impressed? Just remember the acidic bile that ate away at your stomach lining when your retirement fund lost 33 percent in the fall and winter of 2008-09.

The 2008 Jets ranked 13th in points allowed vs. Quality Opponents (22.7). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 in points allowed vs. Quality Opponents (13.7). In other words, the Goofy F*ck's defense has improved even more dramatically against good teams than it has against your ordinary, average, run-of-the-mill teams.

The 2008 Jets ranked 29th in pass defense (234.9 YPG). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (153.7). Yup, another big turnaround. It's like two different teams out there. And, yes, the NFL's shutdown cornerback du jour, Darrelle Revis, started all 16 games for both teams.

The 2008 Jets ranked 18th in passing yards per attempt allowed (7.0 YPA). The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (5.4 YPA). Wow, 5.4 YPA passing the ball against the Jets. There were a handful of players this year who averaged more than 5.4 YPA running the friggin' ball: Jamaal Charles (5.9 YPA), Felix Jones (5.9) and Chris Johnson of course (5.6), to name three notables from the 2009 season.

The 2008 Jets ranked 15th in third-down defense (61.4%) The 2009 Jets are No. 1 (68.5%). Call us brilliant, but forcing opponents to punt sure seems like one way to keep them out of the end zone.

We don't care how goofy a f*ck your coach is, that's called delivering the goods.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3072_Goofy_f*ck_Rex_Ryan_delivers_the_goods.html

I like that site, I have it bookmarked.

Given the personnel that Ryan had this year verse last season Mangini would have improved in most of those stats as well.

I never said Ryan wasn't knowledgeable on the defensive side of the ball he is a much better coach defensively then Mangini but my argument was that 2ppg is not a huge decline as nyjunc suggested it was after Ryan left Baltimore. Ryan brought the Baltimore style to the Jets and it helped but it also helped picking up some key acquisitions in the off season as well.

Ryan is not the driving factor in the Baltimore D, the players are.

Ok then here is Apples to Apple junc style.

Can you pick out without knowing where Ryan led the Baltimore D to such a vast improvement?

2000 – 10.3ppg, 247.9yds, 60.8rush, 187.3pass
2001 – 16.6ppg, 277.9yds, 88.2rush, 189.7pass
2002 – 22.1ppg, 334.6yds, 110.1rush, 224.4pass
2003 – 17.6ppg, 271.3yds, 96rush, 174.3pass
2004 – 16.8ppg, 300.2yds, 105.1rush, 195.1pass

2005 – 18.7ppg, 284.3yds, 99.4rush, 184.9pass
2006 – 12.6ppg, 264.1yds, 75.9rush, 188.2pass
2007 – 24.0ppg, 301.6yds, 79.3rush, 222.3pass
2008 – 15.3ppg, 261.1yds, 81.4rush, 179.7pass
2009 – 16.3ppg, 300.5yds, 93.3rush, 207.3pass

16.8ppg, 296yds, 91.8rush, 194pass
17.38ppg, 282yds, 84rush, 196pass

how_bout_them_apples_tshirtp235441739271-1.jpg

I understand your mission os to try to prove me incorrect but what does that info have to do w/ this discussion? at what poitn did I ever say rex built that Ravens D?(unlike many dolphin fans incorrectly proclaiming Mike Nolan was the architect of that D) I simply pointed out a fact that the ravens D was not nearly as good this year as it was last year.

You also realize the Baltimore D got better when rex took over for Nolan, right? and you do realize what a transformation our D went through this year w/ Rex, right? and that was w/o the anchor of our D for most of the year.

I like that site, I have it bookmarked.

Given the personnel that Ryan had this year verse last season Mangini would have improved in most of those stats as well.

I never said Ryan wasn't knowledgeable on the defensive side of the ball he is a much better coach defensively then Mangini but my argument was that 2ppg is not a huge decline as nyjunc suggested it was after Ryan left Baltimore. Ryan brought the Baltimore style to the Jets and it helped but it also helped picking up some key acquisitions in the off season as well.

Ryan is not the driving factor in the Baltimore D, the players are.

He was w/o Jenkins most of the year, the only area we really improved in personnel wise was w/ Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard but taking away Jenkins was bigger than acquiring those 2 guys.

When did I say the success of the Bal D was all about Rex? I said they got worse this year, they were dominant last year and they were not this year. rex was a big part of it but it wasn't b/c of Rex. obviously they have great talent which every coach needs to have success.

He was w/o Jenkins most of the year, the only area we really improved in personnel wise was w/ Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard but taking away Jenkins was bigger than acquiring those 2 guys.

When did I say the success of the Bal D was all about Rex? I said they got worse this year, they were dominant last year and they were not this year. rex was a big part of it but it wasn't b/c of Rex. obviously they have great talent which every coach needs to have success.

well seing as you had the number one D this year, without your super NT... am I to assume that when he's back next year, the jets Defense will be in a word impenetrable.

seems to me with as much as you speak of this guy being more important than acquiring not one but TWO key players, you guys really should be tough. like super tough, can't run or pass on tough.

well seing as you had the number one D this year, without your super NT... am I to assume that when he's back next year, the jets Defense will be in a word impenetrable.

seems to me with as much as you speak of this guy being more important than acquiring not one but TWO key players, you guys really should be tough. like super tough, can't run or pass on tough.

Jenkins should make a huge difference. He constantly demands double (and sometimes triple) teams which basically will free up another guy to rush the QB or drop into coverage. Now that everyone pretty much has the scheme down, it could be a scary good D with Jenkins.

I expect our D to be better next year w/ a healthy Jenkins and in year 2 of the system.

Back
Top Bottom