MERGED: Rex Ryan says all u dolphins fans we're coming for u/Flips off Dolphin fans | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Rex Ryan says all u dolphins fans we're coming for u/Flips off Dolphin fans

On an apples to apples comparison of the first 14 games of the season (no way we should factor in 2 "laydown" concession games and maintain the validity of this), the combined record of the 09 Ravens' opponents was 127-97 (.567) vs the combined record of the 09 jets opponents of 108-116 (.491).

Factoring in the level of competition faced, it's easy to justify the nominal points allowed/game difference advantage by the Jets. As a matter of fact, considering the level of competition, the Rex-less Ravens stats look all the more impressive on their own merits, not to mention when bracketed against the Jest stats.
Bottom line: the 09 Rexless Ravens opponents through the 1st 14 games won 19 more games while losing 19 fewer games than did the Jest opponents.

On an apples to apples comparison of the first 14 games of the season (no way we should factor in 2 "laydown" concession games and maintain the validity of this), the combined record of the 09 Ravens' opponents was 127-97 (.567) vs the combined record of the 09 jets opponents of 108-116 (.491).

Factoring in the level of competition faced, it's easy to justify the nominal points allowed/game difference advantage by the Jets. As a matter of fact, considering the level of competition, the Rex-less Ravens stats look all the more impressive on their own merits, not to mention when bracketed against the Jest stats.
Bottom line: the 09 Rexless Ravens opponents through the 1st 14 games won 19 more games while losing 19 fewer games than did the Jest opponents.

They also played paper tigers like the 11-5 Miami dolphins to make the opposing records look better. The bottom line is our D was better than bal's D this year and Bal's D last year was better than their D this year.

They also played paper tigers like the 11-5 Miami dolphins to make the opposing records look better. The bottom line is our D was better than bal's D this year and Bal's D last year was better than their D this year.

No and No.

sorry.. but the bottom line is the bottom line. Over the 1st 14 meaningful games in 09, there was a 38 game difference in opponent degree of difficulty making any nominal jest stat advantage moot , or even pro-Ravens in the perspective of reality unless you're a stat nerd. :oops:But keep on spinning.:up:.

Gyroscope_operation-1.gif

sorry.. but the bottom line is the bottom line. Over the 1st 14 meaningful games in 09, there was a 38 game difference in opponent degree of difficulty making any nominal jest stat advantage moot , or even pro-Ravens in the perspective of reality unless you're a stat nerd. :oops:But keep on spinning.:up:.

We played 4 common teams: Indy, Cincy, NE and SD

In those games Bal averaged allowing:(7 games)

-19.7 PPG
-348 yds per game

In those games NYJ averaged allowing:(7 games)

-15 PPG
-308 YPG

win % means nothing, who cares if you win 9-10 games and don't win playoff games or even make the postseason? we were 9-7 in 2008 and missed the playoffs, it was a failure of a year.

"You have won more games than anyone. period"? really? Miami has 387 wins:

Cards: 483
Bears: 693
Browns: 480
Cowboys: 434
Broncos: 394
Lions: 490
packers: 654
Colts: 441
Vikings: 407
Pats: 387
Giants: 626
Raiders: 410
Eagles: 499
Steelers: 529
49ers: 503
Rams: 504
Redskins: 541

"getting raped by peyton manning"? We lost by 13 pts, the AVERAGE Miami postseason loss in your history is 17 points.

highest winning %

winning playoff games doesn't mean **** either

you are so easy :p4286:

We played 4 common teams: Indy, Cincy, NE and SD

In those games Bal averaged allowing:(7 games)

-19.7 PPG
-348 yds per game

In those games NYJ averaged allowing:(7 games)

-15 PPG
-308 YPG

I hope you didn't count Cinci's laydown game and certainly not the Casey Painter fiasco. And I'm talking about the first 14 games of the season... so I'm not including SD. Peyton's slicing and dicing of your D validated the widespread belief that you should have been 8-8 at best and never even sniffed the POs. So I look at your playoff record like I would a great TD throw and reception that gets called back for a holding penalty.

Again, you feasted on cupcake teams to fatten your stats... The Ravens played teams that both won 19 games more than your opponents and lost 19 less. You can continue to shake the trees to make your convenient stats fall out, but unless you're committed to justifying a farce season that was really 8-8 or more likely 7-7-2, you'll by intent, fail to see the surrounding forest. I understand that

i said winning % multiple times

this was your quote:

you like facts right? well we have won more games than anyone. period.

I hope you didn't count Cinci's laydown game and certainly not the Casey Painter fiasco. And I'm talking about the first 14 games of the season... so I'm not including SD. Peyton's slicing and dicing of your D validated the widespread belief that you should have been 8-8 at best and never even sniffed the POs. So I look at your playoff record like I would a great TD throw and reception that gets called back for a holding penalty.

Again, you feasted on cupcake teams to fatten your stats... The Ravens played teams that both won 19 games more than your opponents and lost 19 less. You can continue to shake the trees to make your convenient stats fall out, but unless you're committed to justifying a farce season that was really 8-8 or more likely 7-7-2, you'll by intent, fail to see the surrounding forest. I understand that

Take those games and we stillm allowed a point and a half less AND Cincy tried against us. We dominated their starters.

Had we played the SD game under the same circumstances as the first Indy game someone as brilaliant as you would have told us the Jets had no chance down 7-3 midway through the 3rd but they played it and we won. Would Indy have won the first time? Probably but we don't know for sure. What we do know is that teams like Miami had destiny in their hands and they choked.

We feasted on cupcakes:

-held NE to 9 pts in 1st meeting
-shutout Houston on the road
-held NO to 10 pts
-held Carolina to 6
-Held Atlanta to 10
-Shut out Cincy inr eg season, held to 14 on road in postseason
-held 4th highest scoring team in the leage on the road in postseason to 14 at SD

Yep, nothing but cupcakes:rolleyes2:

nyjunc...you need to get a life, seriously. you knew exactly what I was talking about.

nyjunc...you need to get a life, seriously. you knew exactly what I was talking about.

If that was the case why did you also write about win%?

we have the highest winning % of any nfl team

you like facts right? well we have won more games than anyone. period.

You were wrong, just admit it and move on.

Back
Top Bottom