merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami?

If Brees comes in and has a good workout and does not ask for a ton of $$$$ then I am all for signing him. I just would want to make sure he is 100% or at least a solid medical report saying he will recover.

GCD960 said:
Here's what sucks.. If FA gets pushed back, it can screw us up...If we get Brees in FA, i would not want Cutler..Brees is still young enough to last quite a few years.

If we do get Cutler at 16 and then Brees becomes available, do we sign him? IT would just suck if we could have signed him and used the 1st on something else.

SD has to make there decision before the draft, so if we want to sign him as a FA, then we could before the draft. The questions is how much does he want, does he fit our system and is his shoulder fully healed?

This has to be the year of the QB when was the last time all this Big name Qb's had hit Free Agency.We are like now at Brees, Mcnair, Penington, and even Culpepper you might be able to throw in the hat. this is Miami year to find their QB threw free agency and draft. Also Martz said he is willing to give HArrington the time to shine under his offense.....Awesome news for us who have been dieing for a QB since Marino

Mr Dolfan said:
You can't have two roosters in the hen house without one wanting to be the alpha male. In San Diego, look for it to be Rivers. To justify the draft pick and Brees' injury will give them ample reason to drop him and hope for the best.

Unless they can get Drew signed, which I think is their first priority. They could trade Rivers, possibly to the Jets for John Abraham, which is a big rumor lately.

But I agree that either way, one of them goes. They didn't trade for Feeley to be a 3rd string. That spot's usually taken for a developmental type like Lemon.

merlin00069 said:
I think it makes us a playoff team....not contenders yet.

i think it makes a contender because we are already a playoff team and i think last year proved that

Alex22 said:
It also increases the chance a good QB may slip to us in the draft, if a team that needs a QB signs Brees
:yes: I am not personaly high on brees but he will start for someone.

Mr. Reality said:
on to Brees. I've never really been that impressed with him. I'm not sure if Dolphins fans are just looking at his stats or just want to avenge taking Jamar Fletcher over him. I agree that arm strength is an overated quality in a QB but would still like someone with a stronger arm then Brees. I've seen Brees in 2 or 3 big games for the Chargers, all losses. It's said that when backs and TE's are your leading WR's it's a sure sign that your QB can't get the ball to the WR's. If we wanted a dinker and dunker, we'd have kept Huard. Brees completed 4 passes for 40 yards or more in 2005 while Gus completed 8 and Sage completed an additional 3, I just think the deep ball is a big part of our offense and Brees may fall short in that area. I don't know, maybe I don't like Brees because the majority of the time that I watch him is against the Dolphins, who he has NEVER had a good game against.
Very good point. Also, if Brees was really as good as others think, why wouldn't San Diego keep the sure thing, and let go of Rivers. I mean, heck, the Chargers should know first hand what both of them have. I just think it is kind of telling, letting Brees go.

dolfan72734me said:
Very good point. Also, if Brees was really as good as others think, why wouldn't San Diego keep the sure thing, and let go of Rivers. I mean, heck, the Chargers should know first hand what both of them have. I just think it is kind of telling, letting Brees go.

Many posters will take any QB whoes name isn't Jay, AJ or Gus.

Maynard said:
am i the only one concerned about his shoulder? he doesnt have a strong arm as it is

Nice Point Maynard.

Many posters are ignoring major injury concerns and just being elated by a star players name.

Culpepper, Brees and just recently I've seen posts on Pennington (God please no! :lol: ).

All these guys have some serious questions tied to their health that need to be answered. To early to assess and all of us know way too little to get excited about any of these guys IMO.

Trekbiz said:
Nice Point Maynard.

Many posters are ignoring major injury concerns and just being elated by a star players name.

Culpepper, Brees and just recently I've seen posts on Pennington (God please no! :lol: ).

All these guys have some serious questions tied to their health that need to be answered. To early to assess and all of us know way too little to get excited about any of these guys IMO.
I am not sure of Pennington's recovery time frame, but I don't think he will have near the arm strength he once had. Brees is scheduled to be back in May, and Dante is looking at Sept. or Oct. if everything goes well. John Clayton said Dante could miss the entire season if he runs into problems with rehab.

Back
Top Bottom