merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami?

BlueFin said:
He is not the long ball thrower this offense requires.

I disagree. Brees is efficient all over the field with every throw. Here is his in depth break down: I found these splits on SI.com and have been really reading them lately. Brees would be THE best option for us if he becomes available without a doubt. I thought so before, then after reading his passing breakdown and seeing how efficient he is, it solidified my opinion. Take a look:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/5479/passing_splits.html

These things are very detailed and can really answer alot of questions for you. Another thing to consider when evaluating Brees' stats is that his best reciever was his TE. McCardell was his best WR and he is well past his prime. Imagine what Brees could do with Chambers, McMichael, Brown and/or Ricky out of the backfield and Booker (or whoever might be brought in as an upgrade). It's pretty intriguing if you ask me.

How can anyone on here not want Brees??? He is still young and would be the best QB we have had since #13!!!

And Yes..he would make us SB contenders right away!! With Gus people are picking us to be a playoff team next year....Sign Brees!:dolphins:

Is any1 nervous about his injury though? why hasnt that really come up much in this thread? no pennington comparisons? brees didnt have that great of a deep ball to begin with and is undersized imo for a qb in the pocket

Maybe the Dolphins will sign him before the draft and then trade him on draft day to move up. :dolphins:

FakeSpike13 said:
Is any1 nervous about his injury though? why hasnt that really come up much in this thread? no pennington comparisons? brees didnt have that great of a deep ball to begin with and is undersized imo for a qb in the pocket

He throws well deep......also he was VERY productive...all injury's are a cause for concern though...

BlueFin said:
He is not the long ball thrower this offense requires.
And he doesn't fit the mold of the players Saban and Mueller have targeted at QB (Lemon, Printers, supposedly Cutler). These guys are mobile, have great arms, and can throw on the run. The current NFL QBs who fit much better for us are McNair, Favre, and Brooks. I'm not saying they're better QBs, just better fits for us.

In other words, we don't want to stick a square peg in a round hole. Brees may be a really good QB, but in our system he may be only a mediocre one, and we can't pay him that kind of money to be mediocre.

DBoston80 said:
He throws well deep......also he was VERY productive...all injury's are a cause for concern though...

I have to respectfully disagree... i think he throws an average deep ball, and some of them have flutter/hangtime that shouldn't remembering the SD game this year. I wish someone could throw up the ancient link of a thread comparing the QB in the NFL in their respective tiers as to their arm strength... ne1 have that for us?

I'm concerned about how high the bidding would go on Brees, but the Dolphins would be a great situation as a team on the rise, so that would help him take less money to be with a contending team.

The offense could be modified to fit his arm strength better, but it wouldn't take that much work, and accuracy and not turning the ball over are more valuable anyway to an offense.

Oh, and Fin Fan in Cali? Nice to see another guy who knows who Gary Moore is. I like both his hard rock albums of the 80's and the Blues work he has done since the early 90's. :D

FakeSpike13 said:
I have to respectfully disagree... i think he throws an average deep ball, and some of them have flutter/hangtime that shouldn't remembering the SD game this year. I wish someone could throw up the ancient link of a thread comparing the QB in the NFL in their respective tiers as to their arm strength... ne1 have that for us?

I havent watched him enough to make a "For Sure" type of comment...I've seen him make some pretty good throws deep..ecspecially in the Colts game..

I wanted Brees bad when he was drafted, and now that he's finally come around and proven he can be a solid starter, I'd like to get him even more....

The question is how mauch would it take to get a deal done?? Answer : Alot. Probably more than we can afford...

I'm just shocked they're even considering letting him hit the market. He's proven that he's the best QB they have in San Diego right now, and it would be very foolish of them to give the job to the unproven Rivers or the completely inadequate Feeley at this stage. The Chargers are pretty close, and starting over at QB seems like a big mistake IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom