merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

merged: SD Not Tagging Brees./Brees Coming to Miami?

BLITZKRIEG said:
I wanted Brees bad when he was drafted, and now that he's finally come around and proven he can be a solid starter, I'd like to get him even more....

The question is how mauch would it take to get a deal done?? Answer : Alot. Probably more than we can afford...

I'm just shocked they're even considering letting him hit the market. He's proven that he's the best QB they have in San Diego right now, and it would be very foolish of them to give the job to the unproven Rivers or the completely inadequate Feeley at this stage. The Chargers are pretty close, and starting over at QB seems like a big mistake IMO...

PHINZ RULE!!!!
Bro but on a long term deal with security for him, and his family and playing in Miami, maybe enough to work out a deal. He has two great running backs, a tight end in McMichael, and Chambers.

If we get Brees, I think I would cry tears of joy.

I can only hope he come here. I would sing and dance and......go bananas Id be so happy

theres a huge chance we are going to get him i wouldnt relie on his inconsistency though

phinatic8818 said:
theres a huge chance we are going to get him i wouldnt relie on his inconsistency though
He is a lot less inconsistent that whoever we have on our roster.

I heard he won't even be ready for pre-season. I doub't he'll be in playing shape before week 3

It all depends on how much $$ he wants. If he wants ridiculous money, we will probably try for the draft instead.

I would love to have Brees on this roster. One less thing we would have to pick in this draft too!

Here's what sucks.. If FA gets pushed back, it can screw us up...If we get Brees in FA, i would not want Cutler..Brees is still young enough to last quite a few years.

If we do get Cutler at 16 and then Brees becomes available, do we sign him? IT would just suck if we could have signed him and used the 1st on something else.

Back
Top Bottom