MERGED: Senior Bowl GameThread 4pm EST | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: Senior Bowl GameThread 4pm EST

Not excited about the Mays INT; But a guy who has the perfect combination and size to be a great Strong Safety and his one knack was lack of play-making ability. Well he just made the play

Notice how Mayes patrolled the goal line which had him in position to make the int? Then look on the next drive how the other safety got 5 yards deep in the endzone and gave up the TD. VERY smart football play by Mayes, showed good instincts :up:

Yeah, Spoon is definitely a 4-3 guy. He looks so small in the middle standing behind the linemen. Really tiny.

I love him and all, but you know Parcells and his size requirements. You gotta have bigger ILB's in a 3-4 to take on the interior offensive linemen from time to time.

hoo,

Why not? I just saw the guy run down the field in coverage with McCluster; The guy is a tackling machine; natural born leader;

Because a Mike in a 3-4 spends 1/2 the game fighting with the other teams oline................that's why.

And spoon doesn't have the size to do that, and you'd be taking his away speed also if you put him there.

In terms of #12 pick here is how I view it...

Tier 1
*Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
*CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
*Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
*Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

Tier 2
*Dan Williams-NT-Tennesse
*Jared ODrick-DT/DE-Penn State
*Sean Weatherspoon-ILB-Missouri
*Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan

hoo,

Why not? I just saw the guy run down the field in coverage with McCluster; The guy is a tackling machine; natural born leader;

i told you guys...i've seen his conference games against weak offenses that don't run a lot downhill and when he gets engaged at the 2nd level he struggles to get off...and that's in what i would consider a soft conference with soft running games...

this game is playing right to his strengths...nobody to impede him to the ball...in a 3-4 he's got to engage and get off blockers and sift thru trash...i don't think he does any of those things that well...

that guy needs to fly to the ball and have clean looks...he's money when he does

can he play 3-4 sure but he's a better player in a 4-3...and we run a 3-4

Oh yeah that 1st half just showed how Weatherspoon is a terrible tacker and afraid of mixing it up with Offensive Linemen.... I guess I am watching the wrong game

Because a Mike in a 3-4 spends 1/2 the game fighting with the other teams oline................that's why.

And spoon doesn't have the size to do that, and you'd be taking away speed also if you put him there.

yep...and he doesn't fare all that well when i've seen guys get to him...

ILB is a huge need for us, bigger the OLB or NT. I think Weatherspoon could be our guy. Soliai played good not great, but good. We have Wake, Anderson & possibly JT returning. We need an ILB big time, cause Ayodele & Crowder were horrible.

In terms of #12 pick here is how I view it...

Tier 1
*Dez Bryant-WR-Oklahoma State
*CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson
*Rolando McClain-ILB-Alabama
*Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

Tier 2
*Dan Williams-NT-Tennesse
*Jared ODrick-DT/DE-Penn State
*Sean Weatherspoon-ILB-Missouri
*Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan

I say

Tier 1 (in specific order)
Rolando McClain
Dez Bryant
Earl Thomas
C.J Spiller (if we trade into the 20s imo)

Tier 2
Dan Williams
Terrence Cody (still a huge presence)
Brandon Graham
Sean Weatherspoon
Jerry Hughes

Any of the second Tier would be if we trade down. I don't see any of those guys falling into the 2nd round (except maybe Hughes).

if i thought he could be a great 3-4 ilb fit and impact player there i'd be all over it...guys a heck of a player

he's gonna be a great player for some 4-3 team...unless a 3-4 team takes him and i think he'll be average...if i was him i'd want to go to a 4-3 team BAD

Back
Top Bottom