Merged: Some Good News for a Change / Corey Dillon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Good News for a Change / Corey Dillon

Not really. He just has displayed a more natural nose for the goal line, as things stand right now, than Ronnie has been able to in the circumstances he's been in. We could sign Corey Dillon and find out that Ronnie is fine in the red zone and on the goal line. But if not, we'd be glad we had Corey Dillon over Jesse Chatman.

I guess we are seeing two different things. I'm not saying his vision is terrible, but I've seen him miss the hole way too many times.

this would be huge, this has been the pats poison the past few years, picking up players from us

look at heath evans, we gave him the ball twice, we got rid of him to the pats, and he almost had a 100 yard rushing day against us

I would love to have a superbowl champion on this team

I guess we are seeing two different things. I'm not saying his vision is terrible, but I've seen him miss the hole way too many times.

Well it's not something I'd say he's "struggled" with either considering he gained 4.4 and 4.2 ypc behind bad offensive lines.

He has better vision with more carries in the game, and it helps his YPC on those later carries. Unfortunately, we've had dumb@sses in Miami coaching him to where he hardly ever saw more than 15 carries in a game.

Hasn't Brown out rushed him for the past two years?

I'm not sure.

I know that last year Dillon seemed to avoid contact more than I've ever seen him avoid contact...

He is worn out IMO...

Well it's not something I'd say he's "struggled" with either considering he gained 4.4 and 4.2 ypc behind bad offensive lines.

He has better vision with more carries in the game, and it helps his YPC on those later carries. Unfortunately, we've had dumb@sses in Miami coaching him to where he hardly ever saw more than 15 carries in a game.

Very very true. On Monday night against the Jets, If we hand the ball to Ronnie two more times we would have won the game! Not an exaggeration either. My brother and I were at that game.

I like the idea of Dillon. He won't be in a situation where he has to carry the ball 20+ times a game. Has he slowed down? Yes. Has he lost some agility? Yes. But he makes up for it with experience, vision, and toughness. Put him and Ronnie in the backfield on 3rd and short and make the defense guess who's going to get the ball.

Hasn't Brown out rushed him for the past two years?

I'm not sure.

I know that last year Dillon seemed to avoid contact more than I've ever seen him avoid contact...

He is worn out IMO...

That he is. But all we would ask him to do is pound the rock a few times a game. Sort of like what the Steelers did with Jerome Bettis on the goal line when they had a healthy Duce Staley and Willie Parker.

Very very true. On Monday night against the Jets, If we hand the ball to Ronnie two more times we would have won the game! Not an exaggeration either. My brother and I were at that game.

I like the idea of Dillon. He won't be in a situation where he has to carry the ball 20+ times a game. Has he slowed down? Yes. Has he lost some agility? Yes. But he makes up for it with experience, vision, and toughness. Put him and Ronnie in the backfield on 3rd and short and make the defense guess who's going to get the ball.

Dillon probably doesn't get more than 2-3 carries a game in Miami until/unless Ronnie Brown gets hurt. He would be a role player that basically goes into the game in the red zone whenever Ronnie Brown can't go for one reason or another...or if Ronnie proves completely ineffective there.

But if Ronnie gets hurt, and history has shown it happens every year...then Corey Dillon shares a load with Lorenzo Booker and that could be key.

That he is. But all we would ask him to do is pound the rock a few times a game. Sort of like what the Steelers did with Jerome Bettis on the goal line when they had a healthy Duce Staley and Willie Parker.

I know I for one did not see Dillon avoiding contact last year...nor did many Patriots fans. Journalists I've spoken with from patsy land said that Dillon had lost speed but was making up for it by showing more power than they'd ever seen from him...but I think he wore down a little bit as the season wore on.

I know I for one did not see Dillon avoiding contact last year...nor did many Patriots fans. Journalists I've spoken with from patsy land said that Dillon had lost speed but was making up for it by showing more power than they'd ever seen from him...but I think he wore down a little bit as the season wore on.

I didn't either. He even got a rare recognition award from B.B for showing a tremendous work ethic despite his age. It's something that he usually gives to a young practice squad guy.

and when/if we make the playoffs it never hurts to have the veteran guys around then...

If he comes cheap, I hope we try to sign him. We need a third RB. We're only two deep at that position.

Back
Top Bottom