Merged: Some Good News for a Change / Corey Dillon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Some Good News for a Change / Corey Dillon

if he aint good enough for the Pats, he aint good enough for us either son. He was good for the Bungles, but he hasn't done enough since moving to the Pats to warrant having him here. just think as to why the Pats are letting him go.

He won't sign with any team for less than 3M. He was making that with the Pats when he asked for his release.

He is done, as a starting RB, but the man is still deadly in the red zone. He set a career mark last season with 13 rush tds, many of then from outside the 10.

I wish he was still with the Pats. they haven't replaced what he brings to the table, unless Maroney is 100%.

I was for bringing Dillon here at first but then i thought why not just let Ricky come back instead? He is cheaper, has more explosion, and is younger. Sure its a gamble having him on the team but he owes the organization money and this would guarante he would pay it back.

I've long been a proponent of adding Dillon, for the mere fact we need a guy who can carry the load if Ronnie gets hurt, which has happened every year for several years with him.

Plus, though somewhat overrated, Dillon could help Ronnie with questions he may have, and work with him on some of the deficiencies in his game. Dillon seems to have turned into a guy who has accepted his role also.

Not worth it... I think Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller are both on the same page, and that is getting this team younger and faster... Playmakers... Dillon is on the downside of his career, we have enough old guys as it is... No thanks!

Dillon would be a good addition to the team, but I doubt Cameron would go after him. I think he likes Booker too much to give Dillon 3 million per year.

Nooooo, that's not good news, I'd rather keep chatman if he can keep his weight in check.

:confused: How is getting an elite RB, for a good pricem to be your backup not good news?

As long as he has a big grudge against the Pats twice next year, I'd be OK with it.

....And he could also do for us what all the former Dolphin players did for the Pats, he could be used as mole, and give us info on the Pats.

i wouldnt mind seeing him come here at least he would be a sure fire back up for ronnie if he got injured again which, lets face it he probably will get injured at some stage during the season and miss 2 games or something. dillon could be a good replacement should that happen.

Dolphins | Dillon interested in team
Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:41:58 -0700
Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports unrestricted free-agent RB Corey Dillon (Patriots) is interested in the Miami Dolphins, but the Dolphins have not contacted him as of yet.

Hey, if we could sign him to 1-2 years for less than a million a year I'd be all for that. He could only help us.

btw got that from kffl nfl hotwire if anyone asks
we sure dont need dillon to old and to slow!:unsure:

Dillon probably doesn't get more than 2-3 carries a game in Miami until/unless Ronnie Brown gets hurt. He would be a role player that basically goes into the game in the red zone whenever Ronnie Brown can't go for one reason or another...or if Ronnie proves completely ineffective there.

But if Ronnie gets hurt, and history has shown it happens every year...then Corey Dillon shares a load with Lorenzo Booker and that could be key.

Thats what I was thinking man. Ronnie is a little fragile not a lot but a little. I want us to go into this season with the keys to be succesfull for the WHOLE season. That means not only haveing Booker as a change of pace back but also having a full replacement for Ronnie. Next year maybe we can do without Dillon but Bokkers a rookie this year. Do we really want to place all of our faith in him as Ronnies replacement if he goes down?

are we trying to make the team compete for the oldest in the nfl? but hey, if he's got some left in the tank, i'd support the idea. whatever works. like all of you, i'm just tired of 6-10 seasons.

Corey Dillon??

Just thought I'd share what I ran across...I don't think we need him, but thought it was interesting and didn't see it posted on here.

7-16-07 | RB Corey Dillon interested in playing for Miami?
According to reports, unrestricted free agent runner Corey Dillon may have interest in playing for the Miami Dolphins, but word is that the Dolphins have not yet contacted the runner.

I tried posting the link but I don't have enough posts. Found it at "Fantasyfootballxtreme"

Back
Top Bottom