Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Super Bowl pick? S.I. writer says AFC again,/CNNSI Says MIAMI should be AFC r

It is way too early, and there were a lot of "ifs" in that article. It is nice to read something positive though as opposed to the beat writers who take the negative slant every chance they get.

It's nice to hear a sports writers opinion, especially when he's saying the Phinz will win the Super Bowl in 2005....

However, the fact remains that this guy knows nothing more than most of us do. He just gets paid to give his opinion, and therefore, fans seem to take him more seriously, and his words more sacred. He's just a writer with an opinion. Just like you, and just like me.... :D

There is a possibility the Phinz will win the Super Bowl. A slim possibility IMO. This guy makes it sound like we're a sure thing, and that's where I have problems with all of this...

It's only May, and it's a long way until February. I'm just trying to keep everthing even keeled for now...

Nice read though. :D

PHINZ RULE!!! :eek:

Current odds for Miami winning a Super Bowl are anywhere from 16/1 to 25/1.

Dolfan954 said:
And they drafted Vince Wilfork. I don't know who they have stepping in at OL, but based on the Patriots' track record, it's pretty safe to say that whoever it is will be at least okay. A superbowl champion that adds a back of Corey Dillon's ability, when they previously had a bad running game only makes the team better.

ETA: I'm not saying Wilfork will be equal Ted Washington, especially in his first year, but getting Corey Dillon alone outweighs the potential decrease in talent level at DT and and OG.

That may be true, but to say that they have lost nothing is not true. They also have the Ty Law problem brewing. In addition, I don't think they are as good as their record. Just my opinion. The Pats should be considered the front runners, but not by as much as some people think. The gap between them and the rest of the AFC is not that large.

inFINSible said:
Yep, for sure.

Zgonina, Romero, and Williams are pretty decent depth. None of them are the big runstoppers that Timbo is but, face it, there isn't going to be anybody out there that is.

Hopefully, Moore is ready, and Jenkins is ready but, yes, there is some uncertainty there. But, if you want certainty backing-up, it's going to cost money. Money that right now is being used to try and secure our wayward prince at DE.

I can live with what we have at LBer if you give me Wale. :D

:up: I agree with your post 100%....
I can't wait for 2004 to start......

The thing that bothers me about this article is that it focuses in on the "pretty" positions but fails to talk about the most important group on offense. The offensive line.

Miami's question marks on the o-line and at QB are hard to overlook to go ahead and predict Miami as AFC champs.

I just don't see the reasoning.

O-line and QB are the 2 most important position on a football team. Both are question marks for Miami.

This is a typical Duane Cross article in that he looks at somewhat obscure numbers to develop a hypothesis. The key here is that the AFC representatives in the SB the last few years have been teams that (unlike their NFC counterparts) have a consistent winning record over the context of several years. Miami certainly fits that classification.

dolphindan1970 said:
This blew me away, but hey, I hope the guys right ! Good little read anyway,heres the link......... SI

God, I'd love for us to be back on top again! But I have to remain cautiously pessimistic. I have to see solid coaching. I have to see us get production in the passing game. I have to see David Boston produce on the field for us. I have to see the offensive line open holes for Ricky. If we start to see these things during the season, then I'll start to get excited about a Super Bowl.

This guy may be stretching but no more than the power rankings do... i am glad to FINALLY see a postive article about the dolphins. I hope it comes true! And it is the only thing i have read in the last 2 months that allowed me to get excited. I sometimes feel like the ONLY positive person around!

:missmeth:

Dolfan954 said:
And they drafted Vince Wilfork. I don't know who they have stepping in at OL, but based on the Patriots' track record, it's pretty safe to say that whoever it is will be at least okay. A superbowl champion that adds a back of Corey Dillon's ability, when they previously had a bad running game only makes the team better.
I believe it's most defense lineman that do not have great rookie seasons, as it takes some time to adjust.

As far as Dillon...I'm really not that afraid of him, because of our run defense. But it will give the Patriots a whole new aspect. Yet, I fear him not still!

And about that article... :woot:

OPTIMISM IS CONTAGIOUS!

Back
Top Bottom