Merged: Tedd Ginn Jr. Pro Day results! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: Tedd Ginn Jr. Pro Day results!

Think this is the case of different stopwatches?

Great example why Parisi Speed School...Where the better players go to get ready for the combine...said with hand held times you have to add atleast
3/10 to 5/10 a second to get a comparable electronic time.

So if you add 3/10 to 5/10 to his times...I'm sorry but something is wrong
either he is hurt real bad or he just isn't as fast as everyone thought

WTF are you talking about? Did you see him abuse aaron ross in the Texas game? Ross tried being aggressive, crowding the line, bumping early, all that, and Ginn just TORCHED him!

He is as dynamic a playmaker as there is in this draft. And his ankle is good enough to get him a 4.40 at maybe 80-90% in the RAIN on a cold day! Guy can MOVE!
He doesnt NEED to run precise routes because hes so fast! Running brilliant routes is important for a slower/possession type guy to get open, for a guy as fast as Ginn its not an issue.

BTW, any word if he works out again before the draft?? I thought he had scheduled another one for next week.

LET ME KNOW WHEN IT STOPS RAINING ON FANTASY ISLAND:sidelol:

3rd round you are nuts!! I guess you never watch much college football.

On the contrary, I do. But MORE importantly I watch NFL football. It's a different game and the players are much faster.
Ginn reminds me of Rocket Ismael, very fast with some good moves as a return man, BUT nothing special as a starting WR.
Kevin Williams (UM) was blazing fast and an amazing return man too, but what did he amount to as an NFL WR? Same for Donte Stallworth.
None of these guys are/ were worth top 10 money and neither is Ginn. If he had played for a lesser known college program we wouldn't even be having this debate.

On the contrary, I do. But MORE importantly I watch NFL football. It's a different game and the players are much faster.
Ginn reminds me of Rocket Ismael, very fast with some good moves as a return man, BUT nothing special as a starting WR.
Kevin Williams (UM) was blazing fast and an amazing return man too, but what did he amount to as an NFL WR? Same for Donte Stallworth.
None of these guys are/ were worth top 10 money and neither is Ginn. If he had played for a lesser known college program we wouldn't even be having this debate.

That's exactly my thoughts. There are other "return men" available in the later rounds. Dolphins shouldn't be wasting their 9th pick on a return man that probably won't amount to much as a WR. They've already got two return men on the roster (Hakim and Vick) and they could add one later in the draft.

GO PHINS~!

I agree with you. Out of all the players projected to go in the top 10 he is easily the one who has the greatest chance of being a complete bust in the NFL.
I would take a chance on him in the 3rd rd, though.

And I dont mean to toot my own horn here, but I thought this from the beginning even with the monstrostity of people calling Ginns #. Its all common sense. I just do not want to draft Yatil Green again. Its that simple. We have more pressing needs than WR since we all seemingly still love CC and his propensity to drop footballs and not put a good effort into getting open.

Ginn still could be an excellent pickup for someone, but he would not be what people want for us. It would do this team no good to draft this guy right now.

I've said that all along too. 4 months to get over an ANKLE SPRAIN, one he got CELEBRATING a play, not even during a play. That combined with the sloppy routes, the lack of aggressiveness, and his size and I want nothing to do with this guy, especially in round 1. These pro day reports only solidify that.

A teammate jumped on him from behind- whose fault is that? Ginn didn't even see it coming from what I recall. I also recall that ankle injuries can be anything form mild to severe, just ask Travis Daniels on that one. I saw recently that Ginn never missed a game, high school or college. Give the man his props for that, and let him heal. In an ideal world he'll slide and we'll at least have the opportunity to maneuver to get him if we want to. I could live pretty comfortably with Brady Quinn and Ginn if that could be done.

I think some people just make blind comparisons just for the sake of trying to prove a one sided opinion.:shakeno:

he would be the official worst pick ever if we took him at #9 now, he still isn't healed up and he was too slow considering that his speed is the only reason he is even good

WTF are you talking about? Did you see him abuse aaron ross in the Texas game? Ross tried being aggressive, crowding the line, bumping early, all that, and Ginn just TORCHED him!

He is as dynamic a playmaker as there is in this draft. And his ankle is good enough to get him a 4.40 at maybe 80-90% in the RAIN on a cold day! Guy can MOVE!
He doesnt NEED to run precise routes because hes so fast! Running brilliant routes is important for a slower/possession type guy to get open, for a guy as fast as Ginn its not an issue.

BTW, any word if he works out again before the draft?? I thought he had scheduled another one for next week.

So basically you want us to draft Randy Moss v2, a guy who only runs out routes and contributes NOTHING to the short-yardage passing game? To say an NFL prospect "doesn't need to run precise routes" is the most ridiculous statement I've seen today. Yeah, sure, let's pay this guy #9 overall money because he is nothing more than a track star in football pads. :rolleyes2

I'm sorry but in the NFL, when everything comes down to precise timing in all facets of the game, ESPECIALLY the passing game, you better be DAMN sure you can run the routes they way you are supposed to, whether you run a 4.29 or a 4.87

Ginn running by the press is a lot different than Ginn being able to shove the guy off when it's locked on and give the hits right back. The guy weighs 178lbs, how long do you think that will hold up when LBs and Ss get ahold of him going across the middle or stretched out for a high pass? Dude is taking FOUR MONTHS to recover from a SPRAIN, imagine what will happen when his 178lb frame gets SPEARED mid-air by the likes of a Roy Williams or Ed Reed etc.

So basically you want us to draft Randy Moss v2, a guy who only runs out routes and contributes NOTHING to the short-yardage passing game? To say an NFL prospect "doesn't need to run precise routes" is the most ridiculous statement I've seen today. Yeah, sure, let's pay this guy #9 overall money because he is nothing more than a track star in football pads. :rolleyes2

I'm sorry but in the NFL, when everything comes down to precise timing in all facets of the game, ESPECIALLY the passing game, you better be DAMN sure you can run the routes they way you are supposed to, whether you run a 4.29 or a 4.87

Ginn running by the press is a lot different than Ginn being able to shove the guy off when it's locked on and give the hits right back. The guy weighs 178lbs, how long do you think that will hold up when LBs and Ss get ahold of him going across the middle or stretched out for a high pass? Dude is taking FOUR MONTHS to recover from a SPRAIN, imagine what will happen when his 178lb frame gets SPEARED mid-air by the likes of a Roy Williams or Ed Reed etc.

Agent51, I agree with you.

Well not many can run a 4.38 while still being injured and the rain and a windy day. I dont know why they didnt have him run indoors. Trust me he is no bust and no one makes moves like him in this draft and has the speed and skills he has. Ask Florida!

Ask florida what, how good of a kick returner he is? Fine, ask the 6 teams Devin Hester had returns on how he is. So a guy returned a kick for a TD, happens all the time, but we aren't looking for a kick returner, especially in round 1 at the number nine overall spot.

He only succeeded as a WR at Ohio State because of the nature of the college game. It's tailor made for highlight players like Ginn, speedy guys that can run faster than everyone and make a catch downfield and get on Sportscenter's "Top 10". Hell, the OPTION is still a wildly succsessful play in college, would it work in the NFL? They are different beasts. There have been plenty of "burners" before him, and will be plenty after him, that don't succeed in the NFL at anything other than special teams. This guy's flaws are readily apparent, with the size and lack of aggressiveness and poor route running. 3 MAJOR traits a WR needs he lacks, so what makes you think he is going to tear up the league? MAYBE as a kick returner, definately NOT as a WR.

And you have to know that every defender is going after that ankle when he does play.

A teammate jumped on him from behind- whose fault is that? Ginn didn't even see it coming from what I recall. I also recall that ankle injuries can be anything form mild to severe, just ask Travis Daniels on that one. I saw recently that Ginn never missed a game, high school or college. Give the man his props for that, and let him heal. In an ideal world he'll slide and we'll at least have the opportunity to maneuver to get him if we want to. I could live pretty comfortably with Brady Quinn and Ginn if that could be done.

Again, I've said ti before, you take the ankle injury OUT of the equation and what are you left with? A poor route runner who lacks size and aggressiveness, 3 major traits you need to be a successful NFL WR. The guy is the next Daunte Hall and Devin Hester, will wow people with returns but his play at his natural position will be forgettable.

Back
Top Bottom