MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

Yankee fans should be ashamed for booing this guy like they did. The opting out was inevidable though.

Yankee fans should be ashamed for booing this guy like they did. The opting out was inevidable though.

No they shouldn't be. You have to be a Yankees fan who watches just about every game to see how bad A-Rod has been when the Yankees have needed him the most. That includes the playoffs and numerous situations last year when all A-Rod needed was a sac fly to get a run in and he struck out. Plus what about all the errors last year, especially the error he made against the Tigers in game 4 last year that extended an inning with Jaret Wright on the mound (we all know how the rest of the story went). Yankee fans just wanted A-Rod to be what he's been this year. REAL. Last year he would stink it up but then say "remember my single in the first inning" and make every excuse in the game. All Yankee fans want from A-Rod is honesty. It looks like he's becoming honest this year not only with the fans and media, but more importantly with himself. Yankee fans don't want to boo A-Rod, they want to cheer him. It's up to A-Rod though to stop thinking so much on the field and just go out and play. If he does that he's arguably the best player in baseball. It's when he thinks to much on the field that gets him in trouble and this year he seems to just be letting things flow and he and the Yankees will be better off for it!

I hate how espn plays into this whole arod thing. The other day when they lost they showed Arod striking out(i think) but yet Jeter had 2 errors which were costly but they don't show them.

I know what espn is doing, but i just dont like it

I pretty much have watched every yankees game for the past 10 years. Arod shouldn't have been booed in my opinion he won an mvp and puts up big numbers every year. Yea he never came through in the clutch but when he did like that big homerun off schilling in fenway was forgotten the next day. I don't think he has been appreciated for what he is. I know he's not a ''true yankee'' like we all like to say about guys.And I know his salary is off the charts but he has produced and he has won an mvp and he's had a few clutch moments .

Looks like we might see Hughes a lot sooner than the front office or coaching staff wants.

Too many injuries to the starting staff.

I pretty much have watched every yankees game for the past 10 years. Arod shouldn't have been booed in my opinion he won an mvp and puts up big numbers every year. Yea he never came through in the clutch but when he did like that big homerun off schilling in fenway was forgotten the next day. I don't think he has been appreciated for what he is. I know he's not a ''true yankee'' like we all like to say about guys.And I know his salary is off the charts but he has produced and he has won an mvp and he's had a few clutch moments .

Wasn't he 1-18 in the playoffs vs Detroit last year! What, should we have given him a parade?!

I like the guy. I don't want to see him go. But he has deserved to be boo'd on some level. And if he can't take it then get the hell out.

Yankee fans don't care about MVP's and numbers. They care about rings. A-Rod has been horrible in the playoffs, that's why he's catching the most flack. Everything else is just adding to Yankee fans frustrations with him. I don't think Yankee fans should be ashamed of booing A-Rod. They booed Jeter when he went through that huge slump a few years ago, that's just how NY fans are. They'll cheer when A-Rod steps up (like he is this year). The reason why you heard so many boo's with A-Rod was because he was failing in big situations. If he comes through in those situations, he's getting cheered. But this year I agree. The Yankee fans need to wear gloves with this guy. No more booing A-Rod but with the way he's been playing, I don't think that will be a problem!

I agree to extent he had booing coming to him.But after a while last year they booed him everytime he did anything but hit or walk in every at bat no matter the situation.It was almost to the level of hate and I've met many yankees fans who openly hated him. I just think he didn't deserve to horrible treatment of last year,if he slumps this year it will happen again and it will drive him outta town.

tough outing for Mo yesterday. Pettitte had a good day on the mound, and you just about never see Mo blow saves, but what can you do? How good is Scaturo feeling today, or w/e his name is.

5-6 after 11 games. Not good at all but you know what, it's April. No big deal, the Yankees will get healthy and will be fine as the seasons goes on!

Yea I hope my darkest fear everyseason as we will turn into the Knicks of baseball. It's a fear I have until we go on our hotstreak right after our predictable early season slump.

Yea I hope my darkest fear everyseason as we will turn into the Knicks of baseball. It's a fear I have until we go on our hotstreak right after our predictable early season slump.

Hahahahahahahaha. Calm down bro, it's 11 games into the season and 3/5 of our starting pitching staff is on the DL. The Yankees just need to stay afloat until everyone gets back and they will be fine. The bullpen is great and the bats are great. That means the only thing the Yankees need to improve on is their defense and starting pitching. We know the starting pitching will be fine once they get healthy and the defense will not be as bad as it's been. Long season brother. They play until September and it's April. Long ways to go!

Dude I know how long the season is . I live in new england brother so the paranoia is legit. If we don't pull through I gotta hear it everyday.

Back
Top Bottom