MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

2-3 after the first five and heading to Minnesota for a 3 game series (thank God). The Yankees really got a lot of bumps and bruises playing in the cold these first couple of games, from guys straining muscles to guys getting hit with pitches and feeling it 20 times more because it's 30 degrees. I'm glad their headed to a dome where they can actually function without freezing their ***** off. The Yankees offense is going to be potent this year and we all know the starting pitching isn't going to be as bad as it is so far, despite what everyone wants you to believe after 5 games. This bullpen is pretty damn good and once the starting pitching starts carrying their weight the Yankees are easily going to win the East again this year!

We need Phil Hughes

The Yankees should just bring him up. I mean Rasner? Please! Why doesn't Hughes become the 5th while Wang is out and as soon as he returns the Yankees can send him down. This way he gets a taste of MLB life and what he needs to do to compete at this level, and then can head back to Triple A and works on his skills. He can't be worse then Rasner or any other Yankees starter so far in 07. Either way though, the staff won't be this bad the whole year. Once Wang returns he'll eat innings, Pettitte will settle in and be fine, and Mussina will start to locate sooner then later. Those 3 will have solid years. It's Pavano, Igawa, and whoever the Yankees have to throw out there if one of the starters can't make a start that should have Yankee fans worried. Those 3 could be big problems because they will do damage to our bullpen if they can't give the team innings and come the second half of the year guys in the bullpen will be spent. Let's see what Pavano can do tonight in a dome against a solid but not over-whelming line-up. Weather won't be a factor so tonight is a nice test for him. Like I said, people can say what they want about the Yankees staff but 1 thru 3 their fine. It's the 4th and 5th starters that are a big worry!

Phil hughes will prolly make his ling awaited debut in May.I really am looking forward to it.Its really exciting we havent had a super pitching prospect in a long time.

Pavano!!! WOW!!!!! Some outing!!

Cashman and Torre both don't want to bring Hughes up this year. They feel 1 year in AAA and he will be major league ready for next year. They feel if they rush him along they might screw up a good thing.

This kid is for real according to everyone who has seen him closely for an extended period. So, you don't want to mess with that.

Plus, you probably got Wang coming back in May. And Roger sometime before the break possibly. The staff isn't in so bad of shape you need to start rushing along someone like Hughes

I bet he has a couple spot starts to showcase him before next year give him a taste.I think may could be one of his spots.You know they gotta give us a tease before an allout marketing campaign next year.This kid is supposed to be the pitching version of roy hobbs I bet we see him a couple times this year.

You will see Hughes in September depending on how many innings he threw in AAA

Unless the starters hit a rash of injuries I wouldn't expect to see him much at all this year

Pavano!!! WOW!!!!! Some outing!!

It's great to see Pavano out there fighting after all he's been through. Yesterday was a solid performance and one that's go to give Yankee fans hope that Pavano is going to give us something this year. No doubt the early run support helped him settle in but he did well against a decent line-up and that's a good sign. I love how the Yankees 2 black sheep are stepping their games up (A-Rod and Pavano). Both of those guys seem like they have something to prove and are playing with a chip on their shoulder which seems to be making them better, more comfortable players. Pettitte is going tonight and you know he'll have a better performance then his last. He hadn't been consistantly pitching since March 17th and I attribute that and the cold weather as to why he didn't locate and have a good outing. Pettitte's not a worry to me (other then injuries) and if he's healthy, he's going to have a great season!

By the way, how great was the defense last night. What a performance by everyone in the infield and that showed me that the way they played the opening week was a fluke and was due to the bad weather. The Yankees line-up is scary. 1,000 runs anyone?

Being a yankee fan always has its great joys.Hard to say that about any team you root for with consistency.

Arod is on fire.He got in better shape and is determined to either opt out and get a bigger contract next year or be embraced by yankee fans.

Arod is on fire.He got in better shape and is determined to either opt out and get a bigger contract next year or be embraced by yankee fans.

He's getting a bigger contract next year anyway. He can opt out and sign somewhere else. He can opt out and just re-sign with the Yanks. Or the Yanks will just give him an extension and a raise and he wont opt out.

Either way, next year AROD is gonna get more $$$$$$$$$$$. And with Boras as his agent, you can take this to the bank!!!

Back
Top Bottom