MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

let me guess AROD's home run was meaningless??? LOL LOL LOL

Rivera ends it in style

3 batters faced..........3 K's!

I agree. 7th inning tie game. Base hit. SB. Score a run. Not as flashy as a walk off HR so nobody will give him credit for being clutch but its just as clutch. Big spot in a game and he came through.

it wasn't as flashy but it's just what they needed. I don't see why Yankee fans would give him a hard time if he's helping the team win. I heard he had a terrible 1st inning (error, K?) and he bounced back pretty good from that. He just needs to keep doing that.

No-one does opening day like the Yankees. I went in 02, 03, and 04 and just that atmosphere at the stadium is incredible. Good win by the Yankees today and hopefully this is the beginning of a great season. Pettitte on Wednesday so there's a good chance of starting 2-0!

No-one does opening day like the Yankees. I went in 02, 03, and 04 and just that atmosphere at the stadium is incredible. Good win by the Yankees today and hopefully this is the beginning of a great season. Pettitte on Wednesday so there's a good chance of starting 2-0!

Next year is the last opening day at the stadium. I am thinking of going

Bobby Mercer at the stadium and on YES

Very touching!

That was an extremely touching moment when he was given that standing ovation. If anyone deserved that it's Mercer. It was great to know he's in such good spirits despite what he faces. Stand up guy and class act all the way!

Here is another touching moment from today's game!

clear.gif

Cory Lidle's wife and kid throwing out the first pitch!

Tailgating since 9:45 this morning at Yankee Stadium! Was a great time!

A-Rod hit a bomb, missed a pop up in the first inning in foul territory and got booed furiously. Struck out and added a single.

The bullpen was great today. Rivera was dominant, getting his fastball up to 96!

One step on the road to 27. Can yah SMELL IT!?!?!

...or is that Bruney I'm smelling?

If Phelps plays 1B like he did today he won't be around on this team long. They don't need his bat at all and with errors you might as well play Mankzlasdj;fkasjd at first base

Dougie Defense! Haha. Phelps should improve. I thought his plate discipline was very well.

Dougie Defense! Haha. Phelps should improve. I thought his plate discipline was very well.

his plate discipline has always been good. but his defense has always been horrible, it wont improve. Phelps is an average hitter with good plate discipline and horrible glove and nothing will change. hes nothing more then a average DH in this league.

^^^thats great(and pretty sad)

A-ROD...so i see he hit one out....did he have a good game besides that?

He dropped a ball in the 1st for an E, then K'ed in the bottom of the inning with a couple of guys on base. Hit a single, then stole 2nd and scored later. With the Yankees up 7-5 in the bottom of the 8th with Rivera about to come in against the D-Rays he went deep and recieved a curtain call from the fans because they feel bad for him. Pretty good day.

Hey green Monster cant wait for the first Jd drew hamstring pull that wil sideline him for 40 games.

No game today. Called due to rain. No make up date announced.

Andy to pitch tomorrow night.

Back
Top Bottom