MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

As Yankee fans I'm sure you're tired of talking about Arod and the chance of him opting out, but I'll ask anyone because as an Angel fan I'm obviously hoping he walks ;) So what do you guys think the odds are of him walking, and what would have to happen during the season to either push him out the door or make him stay? If you want to ignore me because you're tired of talking about Arod feel free :(

As Yankee fans I'm sure you're tired of talking about Arod and the chance of him opting out, but I'll ask anyone because as an Angel fan I'm obviously hoping he walks ;) So what do you guys think the odds are of him walking, and what would have to happen during the season to either push him out the door or make him stay? If you want to ignore me because you're tired of talking about Arod feel free :(

Yankees win the World Series and A-Rod wins MVP he's opting out!

A-Rod stinks it up again in October and the Yankees are out in the first round, A-Rod opts out!

Point: He's gone either way. He isn't going to leave that much money on the table because # 1 he's all about the money and # 2, Boras is all about the money. He's gone either way IMO, so the Angels will be one of many teams bidding for him!

He's gone. He'd be crazy not too. The Cubs, Angles, SF, even maybe Seattle again all have tons of money to blow on a guy like him.

The Yanks will be happy if he stays. Might offer him a slight raise. But won't shed a tear if he walks because that is a bunch of money off of their payroll and it allows them to go on a spending spree elsewhere and get pretty much any player on the market that they want.

No matter how this turns out.......
Win-Win for the Yanks

Win-Win for A-Rod

WHO IS EXCITED!?

I have so much work to do. I'm up early so I can try and get it done before 1:05. I'm normally a horrible procrastinator (i.e., hey, I'm on Finheaven when I could be getting that work done) but this is the only procrastination im gonna do. For the Yankees, I'm motivated.

GO YANKEES!

DON'T RUIN OPENING DAY CARL PAVANO!

GO YANKEEEEEEESS!

clear.gif

"27 here we come"

WHO IS EXCITED!?

I have so much work to do. I'm up early so I can try and get it done before 1:05. I'm normally a horrible procrastinator (i.e., hey, I'm on Finheaven when I could be getting that work done) but this is the only procrastination im gonna do. For the Yankees, I'm motivated.

GO YANKEES!

DON'T RUIN OPENING DAY CARL PAVANO!

GO YANKEEEEEEESS!

http://www.sonsofsamhorn.net/wiki/images/thumb/2/2c/Yankee_logo.jpg/250px-Yankee_logo.jpg
"27 here we come"

I'm with you brother, LETS GO YANKEES!

Bobby Mercer at the stadium and on YES

Very touching!

I thought Pavano looked pretty good today. He didn't walk to many, and besides a bad pitch to Dukes, he threw well. He atleast looks like he can a good part of the rotation till he hits the DL again.

Really tough outing for Pavano today after a promising start to the game. It looks like the Yankees are going to have to take baby steps with him. Hopefully the bats will bail him out and make this a successful opening day!

Opening Day and the Yanks have shown what type of team they will be in 2007. This is the blue-print of how the Yankees will be this year.

a) Have their starter give them a quality 5 or 6 innings. Don't have to be great
b) Work the opponents starter's pitch count get him out of the game by the 5ht or 6th
c) Then just unload on the opponents bullpen (which most of the time isn't very good)
d) Yanks Pen should be good enough to hold onto leads until it is given to Rivera

As soon as Kazimer got removed Tampa just came apart.

No-one will give A-Rod credit for anything today because he didn't hit 2 homers and drive in 5 but his single and stolen base will be a huge reason the Yankees win today if they hold on. But like I said, no-one will give him any credit for it!

No-one will give A-Rod credit for anything today because he didn't hit 2 homers and drive in 5 but his single and stolen base will be a huge reason the Yankees win today if they hold on. But like I said, no-one will give him any credit for it!

I agree. 7th inning tie game. Base hit. SB. Score a run. Not as flashy as a walk off HR so nobody will give him credit for being clutch but its just as clutch. Big spot in a game and he came through.

Back
Top Bottom