MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

It's April. No doubt it was a tough loss but the most important thing is that Mariano finds himself and the Yankees move on from this. The bats must salvage a way to take one of these next 2 games so that we at least leave Boston a game over .500!

We dont have the starting pitching right now to compete with A team the caliber of Boston. They are too good to be throwing rookie pichers against.

Wang returns Tuesday. Big help there. 19 wins and a CY Young candidate.

Mussiana a week later. SO.....there is light at the end of the tunnel

The defense has improved since the weather turned. The middle relief has been outstanding. The offense is there. Once we straighten out this starting pitching we will be ok.

If we come out of this week 3-3 its not god awful. 4-2 would have been nice but with 3 starting pitchers out playing .500 ball against Cleveland and Boston isn't panic button mode.

Clemens is on the radar but Houston is still the front runner.

Start rooting for Cleveland to lose. Cause they have said they wont re-sign CC Sabathia since they wont be able to afford him this offseason and they will trade him if they are out of the race. NY is very interested in him and he could be a mid July pick-up.

Well, back to the bullpen.

Wang and Mussina can't come back soon enough.

Gotta tip your hat to Boston. Better team this weekend. Probably will be the better team next weekend as well. They won't see Andy and Mussina won't return till the Texas series that starts on Tuesday after. I think they will see Karstains, Igawa, and Wang. Once we get the rotation back in order and send the AAA kids back to AAA things will be straighten out. The bats are there. The defense is there. The middle relief (while over-worked) is there. Just gotta get some healthy starters back.

Thank god there are 140+ games left to play!

Aside from what happened in the first game, things kind of went how I expected them the last 2 games. The Yankees bullpen is over-worked and they desperately need to get Wang and Mussina back to take the pressure off of them. There were some positives from this weekend however. # 1 the Yankees bats are going to knock around anyone. Their going to score a ridiculous amount of runs and are head and shoulders above any other offense in baseball!# 2 The Yankees beat up on Dice-K, Beckett, and Schilling. Each pitcher gave up a chunk of runs and were saved by the Red Sox bats (which was easy considering who they had to get runs back from). # 3 Pettitte out-dueled Schilling. Great sign to know that he's back because I don't think their is another Yankees pitcher that Yankee fans can trust in a big game. Glad to have him back and even though Mo has blown 2 wins for him, don't expect that to often. I won't take anything away from the Red Sox, my hats are off the them. They did what they were supposed to do and now have a nice little cushion between them and the Yankees. With that said though, this Yankees team is going to be good. Once they get Wang and Mussina back, Boston won't have Chase Wright or Karstans to beat up on anymore. Still 145 games left fellas. No need to be on the ledge in April!

Please keep the trash talk and personal comments out of this thread. Feel free to create a Yankees/Red Sox thread in The Depths if you feel the need.

still early....we have no pitching right now and we should have won all 3 games...i aint worried go yanks

Wensday im going to the met game at 1 and the yankee game at 7 with some friends

I just turned on the Yankees game.
WTF is Rivera doing in the game in the 8th inning and the Yanks down 4???

Back
Top Bottom