MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

I just turned on the Yankees game.
WTF is Rivera doing in the game in the 8th inning and the Yanks down 4???

If he ain't saving games you have to get him some work in somewhere. The rest of the bullpen has been overworked.

Rivera needs work. He is getting hit because he doesn't pitch enough. he can't be going 6, 7, 8 days without seeing any game action

Phillip Hughes is pitching Thursday night in his MLB debut.

I disagree with this move. I know ya can't send Chase Wright back out there, but I wouldn't rush Hughes. There are still 142+ games or whatever left this season.This kid could be the next big thing, I hope this doesn't halt his progress if his outing doesn't go well.

I am still not worried as long as we eventually get healthy. Right now we need to stay as close as possible to the top spot, we can't dig too deep of a hole. We battered a supposed great Sox trio this weekend but we had bad pitchers going for us except for 1 game and that's the 1 game we should have won.

I disagree with this move. I know ya can't send Chase Wright back out there, but I wouldn't rush Hughes. There are still 142+ games or whatever left this season.This kid could be the next big thing, I hope this doesn't halt his progress if his outing doesn't go well.

No one else the Yanks feel comfortable with using.

That being said, Yahoo REALLY needs to get Hughes into the system so I can pick him up.

Too bad ESPN isn't televising tonight's game instead. I'd love to see Hughes' debut.

I thought Wang was returning tonight?

Too bad ESPN isn't televising tonight's game instead. I'd love to see Hughes' debut.

I thought Wang was returning tonight?

Wang tonight, Pettite tomorrow, Hughes Thursday.

I am still not worried as long as we eventually get healthy. Right now we need to stay as close as possible to the top spot, we can't dig too deep of a hole. We battered a supposed great Sox trio this weekend but we had bad pitchers going for us except for 1 game and that's the 1 game we should have won.

lol... with you it's always minimizing your opponent's victories and excuse making for your own team's failures... "should have won"... "supposed great trio"... too funny....

lol... with you it's always minimizing your opponent's victories and excuse making for your own team's failures... "should have won"... "supposed great trio"... too funny....

Every one does that. It's called explaining their team. We do it every week after a Dolphins game.

With that being said he has a point I emphasized after the sweep to a bunch of people -- the Yankees beat up on Beckett, Schilling and Dice-K without much problem. If Mo doesn't mess up Game 1 is ours. And if we had decent starters for Games 2 and 3 it could have been very different.

Kudos to Boston for the sweep (go to hell Boston). Things will be much different next time at Yankee STADIUM. Oh yeah.

Every one does that. It's called explaining their team. We do it every week after a Dolphins game.

With that being said he has a point I emphasized after the sweep to a bunch of people -- the Yankees beat up on Beckett, Schilling and Dice-K without much problem. If Mo doesn't mess up Game 1 is ours. And if we had decent starters for Games 2 and 3 it could have been very different.

Kudos to Boston for the sweep (go to hell Boston). Things will be much different next time at Yankee STADIUM. Oh yeah.

if... could...

well, you have the most "potent" lineup in the league, on paper... of course you're going to "beat up on" solid pitching here and there... were the three pitchers you mentioned supposed to allow 2 or less runs each night? ... fact is, they got key outs to end Yankee rallies...

Gotta take the diapers off the kid. I mean why go with Chase Wright and all these other guys with less talent? That doesn't make sense. Hughes should have been up already if you ask me. I personally have no problem with throwing this guy in the water and seeing if he sinks or swims. If he's the best option the Yankees have in the minors (and he is with Humberto out for the season), why should they go with someone who gives them less of a chance to win just so Hughes can pitch in Triple A? The Yankees are doing the right thing. They need a decent starter and one thing I will go out on a limb and say is that Hughes will not give up back to back to back to back homers!

Gotta take the diapers off the kid. I mean why go with Chase Wright and all these other guys with less talent? That doesn't make sense. Hughes should have been up already if you ask me. I personally have no problem with throwing this guy in the water and seeing if he sinks or swims. If he's the best option the Yankees have in the minors (and he is with Humberto out for the season), why should they go with someone who gives them less of a chance to win just so Hughes can pitch in Triple A? The Yankees are doing the right thing. They need a decent starter and one thing I will go out on a limb and say is that Hughes will not give up back to back to back to back homers!

Craig Hansen.

And a slew of other guys who dominated in the minors but weren't ready. Hughes has so much talent it isn't a matter of if he will make it but when. He has barely been throwing to pro hitters for 2 years, so this will be a whole new level. The front office spoke all summer about giving Hughes room to learn in the minors all year long, but I think many believed this would happen.

Back
Top Bottom