MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

That stat line for Hughes doesn't look so good on the surface but when you dig into it a bit you see that the hits and runs weren't spread out. Only one or two guys had his number a bit. I would be enthusiastic if i were a NY fan.

That stat line for Hughes doesn't look so good on the surface but when you dig into it a bit you see that the hits and runs weren't spread out. Only one or two guys had his number a bit. I would be enthusiastic if i were a NY fan.

He's only 20 years old. A year from now he will have a spot in the rotation.

I hope we can send him back to the minors this year to work his game. He pitched up here in Syracuse last week had 10 K's in like 6 innings. Impressive. He isn't Major league ready yet. About a year away.

He will live up to his billing. Probably not this year though. Hopefully we can send him back down to AAA in a week or so once everyone is back and healthy

This is gonna be another loooooooooooooong weekend!!!!

If we get swept this weekend, don't expect to see Joe Torre as the manager of the Yanks very much longer.

Final year of his contract. Slow start. The hand-writing is on the wall. You got a popular guy in Mattingly already on the bench. You could even slide Girardi out of the YES booth to be Donnie's bench coach the rest of the way.

Joe was almost gone after last season, this is not the start he needed.

If we get swept this weekend, don't expect to see Joe Torre as the manager of the Yanks very much longer.

Final year of his contract. Slow start. The hand-writing is on the wall. You got a popular guy in Mattingly already on the bench. You could even slide Girardi out of the YES booth to be Donnie's bench coach the rest of the way.

Wow, this would shock me if it happened. It really shouldn't given the team and circumstances. How do you think the Yankees players would recieve a move like this, even in Torre's last year?

Wow, this would shock me if it happened. It really shouldn't given the team and circumstances. How do you think the Yankees players would recieve a move like this, even in Torre's last year?

Players have no choice but to just keep playing. They get paid to play and not worry about who the manager is.

should have let Pettitte keep battling through it tonight, IMO... it was only 5-4... Torre seems to be making some panicky pitching moves, and that's never a good sign...

Pettitte didn't have his best stuff, but he's a warrior and was still better than that exhausted and average bullpen right now...

should have let Pettitte keep battling through it tonight, IMO... it was only 5-4... Torre seems to be making some panicky pitching moves, and that's never a good sign...

Pettitte didn't have his best stuff, but he's a warrior and was still better than that exhausted and average bullpen right now...

Pettitte was out of gas and tat horrible ball 4 to Lugo cost him an inning or. He was calling every pitch an inch off the ground a strikle for matsuzaka then Pettite throws a strike to Lugo in better position than any of the previous calls and he calls it ball 4 so instead of 2 out nd no one on Lugo gets on, steals 2nd then Andy runs into trouble. it turned out not to matter much as they battered the pen but that call change the game at that time and afer it Andy was tired and couldn't throw strikls so it was the right move to take him out- he had no choice.

My only thing with NY is that yeah it's only April but my question to you fans is, how soon is it to say that the bullpen is so overworked that they won't be able to recover enough for the stretch run.

There isn't much doubt in my mind that the starters will turn it around but how late is too late?

My only thing with NY is that yeah it's only April but my question to you fans is, how soon is it to say that the bullpen is so overworked that they won't be able to recover enough for the stretch run.

There isn't much doubt in my mind that the starters will turn it around but how late is too late?

Well at first I was down with the whole "It's April" thing but the more this team continues to fall apart, the more you have to wonder if their going to be able to recover from this start. Vizcaino and Proctor's arms are already spent, Henn has been great but how long can he keep it up, Mike Myers sucks, Mo is a mess, ect. ect. The first thing the Yankees need to do is sit Mienetkejrer. I know you can't blame him for this (and I don't) but his bat is garbage and he's killed to many rally's. Second Torre just going to have to call a spade a spade and let some of these starters get killed just to give the bullpen more rest. If Karstans has given up 8 runs in 4 innings today, he stays in. Torre is going to have to wave the white flag in a few games to give the bullpen more rest. The next thing the Yankees need to do is kill this losing streak as soon as possible. They need to get the winning spirit back on this team and need to start playing to their capabilities. Abreu needs to start hitting and so does Damon. This team is struggling on all cyliniders. I know it's "only April" but the more these losses keep piling up, the harder it will be to turn it around. I'm honestly worried about this team. Anytime you have important arms spent in April, you have to be worried!

Joe gets the season IMO, especially considering his track record. He's had bad starts before and has turned it around so it would be stupid to fire him anytime soon. If the Yankees bomb out this season and don't make the playoffs, I think the Yankees simply say their not renewing his contract and move on. Firing him will just make more chaos for the team and the Yankees don't need that right now. But honestly, how can anyone blame Torre for what is going on. He's had to do what he's had to do with the way this team has been pitching. This is not Torre's fault, this is Cash's fault for leaving this pitching staff thin and by going with a ton of question marks (Pavano and Igawa)!

Great point. And thats why I think Joe Torre is in trouble. Joe has totally mis-managed this bullpen. He has over-worked Proctor and Vizciano. He relies on the same people too much. While others (like Mariano)get no work.

Getting the bullpen back in order isn't impossible. I mean you could at some point, one by one put each guy on the 15 day DL just to give them 2 weeks off. But that shouldn't be necessary.

If things don't turn around by mid-May. Mothers Day-ish time. Then you can write the season off.

Back
Top Bottom