MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

Cashman trying to take a bullet for Torre now. Saying this isn't his fault and if anyone should be fired it should be him.

Nice gesture by Cashman, but hell fire them both might be the attitude coming out of Tampa!

It's not Joe's fault, it's more Cash's fault but it's not his fault either. This team will be fine in a couple of weeks and all this talk will be laughed at then just like in '05 and just like in '06.

The Boss did the right thing supporting Cashman and Torre. Everyone relax. The Yankees are making the playoffs this year and then everyone will be laughing about this. Doesn't this happen every year? Don't the Yankees play like crap for a month or two and then the Boss sends a statement out either pissed off or showing support for the team? Granted the Yankees bullpen is spent and their starting pitching has been horrible but as concerned as I am, your going to have to show me the Yankees body before you tell me their dead!

The Boss did the right thing supporting Cashman and Torre. Everyone relax. The Yankees are making the playoffs this year and then everyone will be laughing about this. Doesn't this happen every year? Don't the Yankees play like crap for a month or two and then the Boss sends a statement out either pissed off or showing support for the team? Granted the Yankees bullpen is spent and their starting pitching has been horrible but as concerned as I am, your going to have to show me the Yankees body before you tell me their dead!

I think the Yanks will turn it around. I didn't want to bring Torre back after last season, but firing him now is just waiving the white flag at this point. So letting him play it out doesn't bother me. Plus who ya gonna replace him with? Bowa?? Mattingly?? Girardi?? Not really a strong candidate there for a team like the Yankees.

I only disagree in that I'm not so sure the playoffs this year. ONE of these years NY isn't going to make it, and this may be the year. The division is better now. Boston's starting pitching while not great is good enough to eat up a lot of innings keeping their bullpen rested (unlike in past years). If Boston gets an 8 or 10 game lead on us, we won't catch them unless they get hammered with injuries.

Then the wild card will be tough. 90 wins won't be enough this year to get in the playoffs. NY is gonna have to get to 95 probably at the Wild Card. Not impossible but maybe not a sure thing.

NY will go on a run at some point. Win something like 9 out of 12. Something like that. I can see that on the horizon. The playoffs might come down to the final weekend or final days though. Not a lock if they don't turn it around very soon.

Yankees need to step it up. A-Rod seems like he is the only one who wants to play out there. Torre is gone after this season no matter the outcome IMO.

What a brutal loss, igawa looked ok early then fell apart and of copurse shoddy D by the awful Hideki matsui paved the way for his exit. The worst decision this FO made in recet years was re-signing matsui. Matsui should be a DH and not an everyday LF.

Are you guys really losing Pavano to Tommy John's surgery? Man that's brutal.

Are you guys really losing Pavano to Tommy John's surgery? Man that's brutal.

It's almost comical at this point. If he gets Tommy John Surgery then he won't even be ready for the beginning of next year and won't probably contribute anything to the team (guys are usually back to normal their second year after TJS). Think about it, next year Pavano will be in the last year of his contract and probably won't pitch much at all. That means the Yankees will have paid him a 40 million dollar contract to make 19 starts. Can you say biggest free agent bust in history?

ROGER CLEMENS just announced HE's a YANKEE...... welcome back rocket

Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Clemens
Hughes/Rasner/Igawa

Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Clemens
Hughes/Rasner/Igawa

We won't have to worry about our bullpen with this rotation. One more win and the Yankees are at .500 with the Rocket's return on the horizon. As frustrating as the first month of the season was, this is great!

Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Clemens
Hughes/Rasner/Igawa

Nice move.....it will be cool to see the Rocket Man in pinstripes again.

Back
Top Bottom