MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

ROGER CLEMENS just announced HE's a YANKEE...... welcome back rocket

Wang
Mussina
Pettitte
Clemens
Hughes/Rasner/Igawa
Once everybody is healthy the Yanks rotation should be a good one. I really like the idea of keeping Hughes in the starting 5 and letting him learn from Clemens, Mussina and Pettitte. :D

Isn't it funny how Pavano always dodges a bullet with the media and the fans. With Clemens signing today no one will remember that he probably isn't going to pitch again this season. Pavano has been a huge bust and you have to believe he's ran out of chances in NY. I know you can't help the injuries but this is ridiculous!

Roger just cemented his Yankee legacy today with this announcement.

He is forever a NY Yankee!!

cano should have waited to do the number switch till roger signed, then he could have made himself some cash....

:-)

AND the Yankees won today! Yay!

And kudos to Scott Proctor. You da man.

28 million.....dang that's a lot of money. All I can say is thank God it's not my money!

Money is never an object with NY. They couldn't wait too long to bring him in. They overpaid for him cause they wanted him to make road trips, get in before the All Star Break...etc. And odds are if NY didn't dish out money in that ballpark, Boston would have.

And this move doesn't prevent any trade in July for CC Sabitha in July who will be available IF (and only IF) Cleveland it out of the race. Cause the Tribe isn't going to re-sign him as they can't afford him. They have already sent out feelers around the league seeing who would be interested. Yanks obviously are!

If the Roger thing works out..........great

If it doesn't.........its only money!!!! It didn't cost us any prospects or anything!

Roger just cemented his Yankee legacy today with this announcement.

He is forever a NY Yankee!!

I don't know about that, if he comes here and we win it all THEN absolutely he is forever a Yankee but if we don't make it to october or lose early again then I'm not so sure.

I don't know about that, if he comes here and we win it all THEN absolutely he is forever a Yankee but if we don't make it to october or lose early again then I'm not so sure.

He cemented it.

IF he went to Boston he would have had no Yankee legacy. IF he went to Houston his Yankee stay would have been a blip in his career. The fact he is coming back when the team is in dire need of pitching in what could be the final year of Torre and Posada and for the most part the end of this Yankee Dynasty and this "run".......he cemented his Yankee Legacy forever with this.

Even if he is a total bust and is a horrible pitcher, the fact he came back cemented his Yankee legacy.

He cemented it.

IF he went to Boston he would have had no Yankee legacy. IF he went to Houston his Yankee stay would have been a blip in his career. The fact he is coming back when the team is in dire need of pitching in what could be the final year of Torre and Posada and for the most part the end of this Yankee Dynasty and this "run".......he cemented his Yankee Legacy forever with this.

Even if he is a total bust and is a horrible pitcher, the fact he came back cemented his Yankee legacy.

Clemens is not going to be a bust. As much money as the Yankees threw at him, he's going to fill a huge void for the Yankees whether people want to believe it or not. Clemens will give the Yankees 6 good innings every start and once the Yankees settle this bullpen down and put guys in places they will be fine. Right now if Clemens gives the Yankees 6 innings that sets up the 7th where I think they should go to Bruney and Henn to fill the void, then give Proctor and Farnsworth the 8th, and Mo in the 9th. Mo is coming into form and the Yankees bullpen is showing that when it's not over-worked it can get the job done. Obviously the Yankees over-paid for Clemens but they had to do this. Clemens is not coming back to embarrass himself. Everyone who thinks it's about the money are only partially right. Clemens wants to add to his legacy and will. I don't care if he's 45. If slob Schilling is still doing his thing, Clemens sure as heck can!

I hope for that blind idiot's sake that Posada doesn't have a rifle in his duffel bag:shakeno:

Rivera losses it...George is gonna be pissed,,,,again. :lol:

What does everyone think about the Yankees changing their stance on giving Clemens special treatment. They said no way the last couple of years, and now the story has changed.

good game today, good series overall too!!

guys i gotta question, so im going to washington dc with my grandparents aug 30-sept 3.......aaand ive been saying there is 2 stadiums i want to go to in my life, one being yankee stadium, and the other fenway, and then i went on to say yankee stadium isnt going to be "there" in a few years....so ofcourse them being grandparents and me being the youngest grandson, my gpa offered to take me to a yankee game.....so this is where it gets intresting, we can go either before august 30th or after sept 3rd.....yankees play boston like the 28th, 29th....and that would be amazing to go see a boston yankee game live. but im not sure the price of tickets and how hard they are to get....and than after sept 3rd they play seattle for a few games, and i really wanna see seattle live because i havent in a few years now.... so im in a big dilema of which to do

so i got a few questions

1. how hard is it to get tickets to a boston game?
2. how much do you think it would cost?
3. how hard is it to get tickets to the games versus seattle?
4. will u really get jumped if you root for the other team?

answers greatly appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom