MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

A-Rod will stay if Yanks pay

If Alex Rodriguez truly wants away from the tabloids, or the fickleness of the fans, or the coldness of Derek Jeter, he will sign with the Angels or with San Francisco to replace Barry Bonds. But if George Steinbrenner offers to pay up, A-Rod will re-up because there is only one Alex Rodriguez, one New York and one Yankees who both can afford him and can't afford to let him go. -- NY Post

M's want Yanks Pettitte?

The Mariners are looking for starting pitchers, and were hoping Yankees lefty Andy Pettitte might be available. But the Yankees aren't giving up on their season, and have no plans to deal Pettitte. -- Star-Ledger

6 back in the loss column....(6 games head to head with Red Sox remain).

7 back overall, but if you are like me, you view it as only 6.5 with the upcoming completion of the suspended O's game soon to be put as a W in the books (jul 27th).

Still dont think we are playing our best ball (not measuring by W's alone, I mean playing solid ball - offense, defense, base running, etc), but right now Red Sox are playing some of their worst.

Let's keep chipping away!

LOL, yeah I can't see the Yanks dealing Pettitte. That would have to be a HUGE package for them to even consider it.

As for Arod... As of right now, with his agent, I don't know how much I believe of any of it. I will take a wait and see approach there.

6 back in the loss column....(6 games head to head with Red Sox remain).

7 back overall, but if you are like me, you view it as only 6.5 with the upcoming completion of the suspended O's game soon to be put as a W in the books (jul 27th).

Still dont think we are playing our best ball (not measuring by W's alone, I mean playing solid ball - offense, defense, base running, etc), but right now Red Sox are playing some of their worst.

Let's keep chipping away!

Boston pitching is struggling, they are not playing anywhere close to the level they started the season at. We still have a long way to go but if we keep winning series we'll be in good shape.

Shelly Duncan

This kid is a beast. He looks like a linebacker. Is a pure DH with no defensive game at all. His Scranton numbers are unreal. And only 2 days with the Yanks he is getting curtin calls.

Jose Molina traded from LAA to NY.

Will Nieves will be gone, we have a quality back-up catcher now. Molina cant hit either but he is far better glove behind the plate!!

Shelley Duncan, wtf?

I told ya about him yesterday when he hit the HR.

Now 2 more HR's today. He can't play a lick of defense but he is an offensive machine. His Scranton numbers are big. His first weekend in NY he has exploded.

Let's hope its not just 1 hot weekend and he is the real deal. He very well may be!

Jose Molina traded from LAA to NY.

Will Nieves will be gone, we have a quality back-up catcher now. Molina cant hit either but he is far better glove behind the plate!!

Any info on the guy the Angels got in return for Molina, Kennard?

Also, I assume the answer is yes but is Shelly Duncan the brother of Chris Duncan?

Any info on the guy the Angels got in return for Molina, Kennard?

Also, I assume the answer is yes but is Shelly Duncan the brother of Chris Duncan?

Yep they are brothers. Their father is Dave Duncan the pitching coach

A-Rod drills No. 498

Ah, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Just what a struggling club full of stars needs to get back into contention for a playoff berth.

New York had 25 hits, reaching 20 in consecutive games for the first time in team history in a 21-4 rout of the Devil Rays on Sunday. On Saturday, the Yankees had 20 in a 17-5 win that finished off a day-night doubleheader sweep.

"I've never seen anything like it," Yankees manager Joe Torre said. "Even in batting practice you don't get hits every time you swing the bat."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/07/22/bc.bba.rays.yankees.ap/index.html

Yep they are brothers. Their father is Dave Duncan the pitching coach

I don't think they are brothers but Dave is the father of Shelley.

*EDIT* I thought you were talking about Eric Duncan not Chris Duncan. You are correct they are brothers.

I told ya about him yesterday when he hit the HR.

Now 2 more HR's today. He can't play a lick of defense but he is an offensive machine. His Scranton numbers are big. His first weekend in NY he has exploded.

Let's hope its not just 1 hot weekend and he is the real deal. He very well may be!

IF he continues to hit like that... make him the permanent DH... LOL :D

Back
Top Bottom