MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

Being reported in the NY newspapers that AROD and his wife are on the verge of buying a $25 million home in Conneticut.

Thus, this is a sign he isn't leaving the Yankees after this year.

Being reported in the NY newspapers that AROD and his wife are on the verge of buying a $25 million home in Conneticut.

Thus, this is a sign he isn't leaving the Yankees after this year.

Really? When the guy spends what turns out to be ONE year's salary (maybe less next season) I don't think that means he definitely won't move on. Heck, it could be a vacation home, or just a gift for his wife because of his ... Lets just say straying eyes. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I hope that is right and I could see your point. However, guys that make this much $ have many houses in many different states. So forgive me, If I don't take this as a sign he is definitely staying.

Really? When the guy spends what turns out to be ONE year's salary (maybe less next season) I don't think that means he definitely won't move on. Heck, it could be a vacation home, or just a gift for his wife because of his ... Lets just say straying eyes. :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I hope that is right and I could see your point. However, guys that make this much $ have many houses in many different states. So forgive me, If I don't take this as a sign he is definitely staying.

Well everyone else is reporting its a sign he is staying.

Beause if he is leaving for LA, Chicago, or wherever.......why spend $25 mill on a house in Conneticut this late in the game when he will be on the open market in about 8 weeks? It makes no sense!!!

That thunder you are hearing is sound of a freight train with the NY on the front coming down the train tracks!

This team is on a terror!!! And now we are getting help from the RED SOX!! Thanks guys!! The Sox still have 15 games left with TB. No way the Yanks can catch the Sox for this division. Boston will go at worst 13-2 vs TB. Boston would have to do a collapse of epic meassures to hand away this division. But the Indians look almost dead to rights. I thought the Indians would fall apart, and it looks like they might be on the verge of it right now. That Wild Card is in play now for us I think.

I thought we were dead to rights. I'm still not sure we are going to make the playoffs. I woudl bet NO as of now. But a lot of teams didnt put us away when they had to chance. Looks like we are getting some second life here. I'm shocked!!

It's becoming clear that at worst we should win the WC, Seattle and Cle are fading fast. Boston has regrouped and is playing well again but we are still just 7 back in th L column so that race is far from done but at worst we should be able to get the WC.

Interesting scenario: Arod's 500th might have been last night.

he hit the 499th HR of his career, but the Yankees have a suspended game to resume tomorrow night. If he homers in THAT game, it will go in the books as the date the game started, making it career HR #494 and LAST NIGHT'S #500.

Man, hes missing a heck of a celebration if that happens....

Interesting scenario: Arod's 500th might have been last night.

he hit the 499th HR of his career, but the Yankees have a suspended game to resume tomorrow night. If he homers in THAT game, it will go in the books as the date the game started, making it career HR #494 and LAST NIGHT'S #500.

Man, hes missing a heck of a celebration if that happens....

Man I didn't even think of that. That would suck for him.

It's going to be celebrated at the time whether it's the official 500th HR or not. ARod is due up 2nd so he wll get at least 1 AB.

We need to get Igawa out of the damn rotation. He is horrible. :shakeno: Last night the bats definitely did not help him at all but... Why did they demote Clippard. I felt he was doing a LOT better than Kei. :confused:

We need to get Igawa out of the damn rotation. He is horrible. :shakeno: Last night the bats definitely did not help him at all but... Why did they demote Clippard. I felt he was doing a LOT better than Kei. :confused:

Hughes will be back soon enough

That thunder you are hearing is sound of a freight train with the NY on the front coming down the train tracks!

This team is on a terror!!! And now we are getting help from the RED SOX!! Thanks guys!! The Sox still have 15 games left with TB. No way the Yanks can catch the Sox for this division. Boston will go at worst 13-2 vs TB. Boston would have to do a collapse of epic meassures to hand away this division. But the Indians look almost dead to rights. I thought the Indians would fall apart, and it looks like they might be on the verge of it right now. That Wild Card is in play now for us I think.

I thought we were dead to rights. I'm still not sure we are going to make the playoffs. I woudl bet NO as of now. But a lot of teams didnt put us away when they had to chance. Looks like we are getting some second life here. I'm shocked!!

LOL...good to have you back, even if you still are lurking in the shadows of the division race, its nice to see you in the sunshine of the WC race.

I said it before, I'll say it again, the Division race is not out of reach. And yes, the WC is closer, but the division is within reach too. Trust me on this.

I have seen it before, and we could see it happen again.

Remember, "History tells no lies - but its the future you cant guarantee!"

Simply put: Stop predicting its impossible to occur - when you cant be sure what the future holds! History has proven what is possible!

Back
Top Bottom