MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread! | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

MERGED: The Official 2007 New York Yankees Thread!

We lost a game to both Boston and Cle last night, hopefully we can take these next 2 and take another series.

Any long losing streak will knock us out of the playoff race. NY can't afford to lose 2 in a row. 3 in a row is a death nail at this point

I dont like what I am seeing.....bad baseball right now....at a bad time. Sloppy play, no clutch hitting, no working counts....cant give Rocket any run support and the bullpen collapses again....what the heck was the free steal all about????

Horrible loss, and horrible play so far in this series. Not good.

Love the Molina signing as backup catcher. He killed us as a hitter when he had the Angels uni on...have always liked his defensive play.

If we can get Gagne to help with the bullpen that would be great.

Plus, we get Giambi's bat back soon (even if he is pinch hitter off the bench) I think we can add some demension to the squad.

I dont want to mess with Cabrera and Phillips as sparks, and like Cairo as a super-utility with young Duncan, but a bat and eye like Giambi is another valuable asset.

We got a game back on both Cle and Boston, 4 back of Cle and 8 back of Boston right now.

We got a game back on both Cle and Boston, 4 back of Cle and 8 back of Boston right now.
Still a long way to go. Have to play better against sub 500 teams than what they did this weekend against Balt if they even want a CHANCE at the playoffs!

Waive the white flag on Boston. They won the East. The Sox magic # is now 50.

Boston still has 12 left with TB. They might lose 2 out of those 12 if that. We aren't catching Boston. Focus on Seattle and Cleveland!!!

Waive the white flag on Boston. They won the East. The Sox magic # is now 50.

Boston still has 12 left with TB. They might lose 2 out of those 12 if that. We aren't catching Boston. Focus on Seattle and Cleveland!!!

Chances are we won't catch Boston but that is far from over. Until we are eliminated I will look at both the div and WC, we weren't supposed to have a chance at the div 2 years ago either. We were 4 games back as late as 9/10 in 2005- this divison race is not over.

Chances are we won't catch Boston but that is far from over. Until we are eliminated I will look at both the div and WC, we weren't supposed to have a chance at the div 2 years ago either. We were 4 games back as late as 9/10 in 2005- this divison race is not over.

Being 4 back is one thing.

Being 8 back while they still have 12 left with Tampa is another. They will go 11-1 or 10-2 at worst vs Tampa. That's giving them 2 weeks vacation and we are already in August esentially.

It's a pipe dream. Boston won the division. Just focus on the wild card.

Anything is possible. I'm not buying into all the negativity just yet. We've been hearing that all season and we're still very much in it.

I'm right there with you Motion. A LOT can happen in 3 months. Is it likely? Well no probably not. Is it possible? Surely.

I'm right there with you Motion. A LOT can happen in 3 months. Is it likely? Well no probably not. Is it possible? Surely.

3 months??? Only 8 weeks left bro

Yeah I guess it is the END of July. LOL, so 2 months. Still a LOT can happen.

Anything is possible. I'm not buying into all the negativity just yet. We've been hearing that all season and we're still very much in it.

I once saw a team get crushed 3 straight games in a 7 game playoff series, only to go on to win the next 4 games straight and take the series for the 1st time in baseball history. Anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom