Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

There is only one player that's worth two first rounders... Dan the Man baby!

But on a serious note..only a franchise QB is worth two first rounders (Dave Wanstache was an idiot....man it felt good to say that). A desperate team may reach for Cassel with 2 first rounders, but I don't see that happening either. There isn't a single player in the NFL today I think would be worth 2 first rounders.

Two first rounders for a CB (albeit the best in the league) is far too high. However, to say that nobody is worth two firsts is a little ridiculous. I would give up 2 first rounders in a heartbeat for Peyton Manning.

I'm playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious how you all feel about signing Nnamdi Asomugha even if he is franchised. That would cost miami 2 first rounders. With this years being mid 20's and with good development next years being lower, would you make that trade?

I think i honestly would..Not much depth this year in draft for what we need. (lbs and wrs) i might go after it and try to move another player or two next year to double up our 2nd rounders.

ps. we have two seconds this year anyway.

what do you all think?

Dude, as good as he is, he's only a cornerback. No biggie, whilst they ar nice to have, you can get along without elite ones if you have a good pass rush. Just look at Denver, just because they have Champ Bailey, that doesn't prevent their defense from sucking because they still can't stop the run and can't get pressure on the QB. The point is, there is no way he is worth 2 first rounders. We could do much better with both of those picks, by addressing positions that are more important, and valuable or by using one of them on a corner if a good one was available and the other on something else.

There are very few players in this league who are worth two first rounders, and if you were a team that was even considering such a trade, then the rest of your roster should be young and deep and you should be like 1 player away from being a superbowl winner or dynasty, and we are not quite there yet.

Think about it like this...

Nnamdi Asomugha for a 1st round pick... Easy.

Nnamdi Asomugha for the other 1st round pick... We have the FO to draft well enough in the other rounds.

Nnamdi Asomugha contract... Big money...well spent.

...I think it would help the team more than risking that the next 2 players will have as much impact as he would. Players like him are very special and rarely hit the market.

We need to win the division AGAIN to make a run...

That road leads Miami defending vs. Brady's Spread Attack....

A desperate team may reach for Cassel with 2 first rounders, but I don't see that happening either.

I'd like to see somebody do it, if for no other reason than to force the Pats to match the contract, and give Cassel another raise. How much cap space can one player take up--especially one who might not be a starter? I hope we get to find out.

I'm playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious how you all feel about signing Nnamdi Asomugha even if he is franchised. That would cost miami 2 first rounders. With this years being mid 20's and with good development next years being lower, would you make that trade?

I think i honestly would..Not much depth this year in draft for what we need. (lbs and wrs) i might go after it and try to move another player or two next year to double up our 2nd rounders.

ps. we have two seconds this year anyway.

what do you all think?
Two first round picks is too rich for my blood. Yes, he is an elite talent but I am always cautious with giving up so much for a position such as CB. I say, wait and see what comes up through FA and the draft as weak as they both appear to be this year at the position.

u said there is no depth at LB and this draft is loaded at LBs

I wonder how many players that was drafted in the 1st round are starters in the NFL?

It's not like it is even a lock to get (2) role players with (2) 1st round picks...

I think Oakland could be a trade partner for Miami. It might not even cost (2) 1st rounders. They may be willing to trade for 1st & players. I am sure they will look into him at the very least.

But chances are he will not be here...I wish he was ....wow...

Back
Top Bottom