Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Nnamdi Asomugha Thread

There are 5 players I would trade 2 1st round picks for

#1 Adrian Peterson-23 yrs old-30 games-3101 yds, 22 TD, 393 rec yds , 1 TD

#2 Larry Fitzgerald-25-76 games-426 rec,5975 yds, 46 TD

#3 Andre Johnson-27-86 games-6379 yds, 33 TD

#4 Demarcus Ware-26-64 games-299 tackles,13 Pass Def, 3.5 sacks, 18 FF, 1 INT

#5 Patrick Willis-24-32 games-315 tackles, 5 sacks, 3 FF, 1 INT

And maybe

#6 Polamalu-27-88 games-433 tackles,63 PD, 7 sacks, 7 FF, 17 INT He doesnt have alot of sacks or FF but he always makes the biggest plays when the game is on the line. When you watch them on TV you dont see a tackle or big play without Polamalu being in the middle of it.

#7 Calvin Johnson - 23 -31 games, 2087 yds, 16 TD and thats with terrible QB throwing the ball. Kitna,Culpepper,Orlovsky

The reason I would be ok with trading the 2 1st round picks is simply because you know what you are getting in return. And barring injury or death all of these guys have several years left. You cant argue the production of these players. And BP track record isnt as good as it seems. All the players played but not all were great. So far Ware ,Long have been his best. Farrior is good. Bledsoe wasnt as good as hyped. Bob Carpenter well sucks, Marcus Spears is a joke, Terrence Newman is a solid CB , Terry Glenn was ok but not a #1. Guys talk like BP drafts all Demarcus Ware talent level players in his 1st rounds. I would be happy getting a superstar for a #25 this year and a mid round 1st next year.

Another reason I would do it is that we can get picks back. If we traded for say Peterson then we turn around and trade Brown for picks. You can always get picks back. I would be fine having no 1st round picks this year or next for one of the above players. Who do you think will be there at #25 this year that will even compare to these guys? ZERO

the rumor is that they arent going to tag himbc they can't afford the cap issues and that Aso cleared out his locker room whne the season ended with the intentions of not returning. hope these are true.

I would love to see a trade for him...

I just cannot see BP trading the picks. If it was for a LB, yeah I think it would happen for the right player. But not a CB for BP and company...

Although...I think BP's new contract makes him a little bit more aggressive with players. It is a little bit easier to trade away something that you might not be around to use anyways. I am NOT saying he would do it without care...just allows him to try to make it happen quicker, as far as putting the team together.

But in the end...he will not be a Dolphin. He might hit even hit free agency, but will land with a team like the Colts, Tampa, etc... But keep in mind they are getting the NUMBER 1 CB in the NFL....money well spent.

Hell Tampa could be on a tear of free agents...40 million under the cap.

I'm surprised you didn't also suggest throwing Jake in to sweeten the deal if necessary

2ni71bm-1.jpg

I'm playing devils advocate here, but i'm curious how you all feel about signing Nnamdi Asomugha even if he is franchised. That would cost miami 2 first rounders. With this years being mid 20's and with good development next years being lower, would you make that trade?

I think i honestly would..Not much depth this year in draft for what we need. (lbs and wrs) i might go after it and try to move another player or two next year to double up our 2nd rounders.

ps. we have two seconds this year anyway.

what do you all think?
first 2 first rounders foe a player is definitly not the way to go if indeed we were rebuilding for the futur, which i beleive we are. second if i'm not mistaken the 2 first rounders have to be in this years draft... so that mean not only do we give up our oun first we would have to give up preaty much our whole draft just to pick up an second 1st round pick just to give it to the raiders... just not going to happen....

I'm surprised you didn't also suggest throwing Jake in to sweeten the deal if necessary

2ni71bm-1.jpg

Dude, thats cold. I said I thought i may do it, not that we need to do it. All i know is, he is THAT good. He takes a way a demention when you play against him. You can pretty much scratch fantasy points off of the teams Number one wr up against him. I saw him work against Marshall (den) in the game after us. He dominated him. Marshal finished with 83 yards, however matched up against Asomugha he only had one catch for five yards. If you want to make a team on dimentional, get a closer at cb.

I think it would be a bad deal to make. however, its one that wouldn't be that dangerous.

if we could talk the raiders into our first and maybe a player line satele ( they desperately need o line help) then i say yes but def not 2 firsts

Well I hope no one expected the raiders to let the guy go..do any let top cb's go? Especially without compensation

While it was expected, one person must be souped to hear this. Shane Lechler finally can get out of Oakland and onto a good team, where he'll be better appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom