Merged: The Official OJ Atogwe Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official OJ Atogwe Thread

Omar Kelly has loved that guy all year. He makes out like he is Ed Reed.

Oshiomogho Atogwe anyone?

According to NFL, the Rams might pass on frachising Atogwe and let him test the FA Market. He's a poor mans Ed Reed, and we all know what Ed Reed did this year to opposing teams. This guy is always around the ball and has a knack for making plays.
Theres no question we need upgrades in the secondary (Patriots game, Cardinals game) and for all the guys wanting the Raiders CB.. Id LOVE to have him, but be realistic, if the Raiders dont franchise him, he will be the highest paid defensive player of all time.. remember Nate Clements ridiculous contract a couple of years ago. I doubt Parcells and Ireland go after Aso.
And also, with the draft being so weak at Safety, this is a great way to get a relatively young (27 years old) guy who can be a ballhawk for us. There are no elite safeties in the draft this year IMO, and only like four that are potential, future studs (Moore whos stock is dropping, Johnson and Delmas are a little undersized and Chung who should go in the 2/3 round range)
Only guys I want more than Atogwe in FA, are guys that problably get franchised or will come with an insane price tag...
-Aso from the Raiders- $$$$$
-Karlos Dansby- He would be a perfect fit at ILB to replace Crowder but Cardinals probably franchise him or though it could be Kurt Warner..

So in the end, I think/hope its Atogwe. A guy we can bring in who will make big plays for our secondary for years to come and now we can take the safety position off the list of positions to draft (well thats hoping we sign Y Bell at SS)

According to NFL, the Rams might pass on frachising Atogwe and let him test the FA Market. He's a poor mans Ed Reed, and we all know what Ed Reed did this year to opposing teams. This guy is always around the ball and has a knack for making plays.
Theres no question we need upgrades in the secondary (Patriots game, Cardinals game) and for all the guys wanting the Raiders CB.. Id LOVE to have him, but be realistic, if the Raiders dont franchise him, he will be the highest paid defensive player of all time.. remember Nate Clements ridiculous contract a couple of years ago. I doubt Parcells and Ireland go after Aso.
And also, with the draft being so weak at Safety, this is a great way to get a relatively young (27 years old) guy who can be a ballhawk for us. Only guys I want more than Atogwe in FA, are guys that problably get franchised or will come with an insane price tag...
-Aso from the Raiders- $$$$$
-Karlos Dansby- He would be a perfect fit at ILB to replace Crowder but Cardinals probably franchise him or though it could be Kurt Warner..

So in the end, I think/hope its Atogwe. A guy we can bring in who will make big plays for our secondary for years to come and now we can take the safety position off the list of positions to draft (well thats hoping we sign Y Bell at SS)
HEY!!!! DONT YOU EVER MENTION ED REED ON THIS FORUM AGAIN!!! SACRILAGE!!! :lol:

ah trust me i know.. i hate that guy after that PLAYOFF game.. but it opened my eyes to realizing how important a ballhawking, attack the ball in mid-air, aggressive safety could be

6 FF and 5 INT? sign me up...oh and he goes up and locates the ball n 'grabs it...something NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE in our secondary can do but j allen and we all know the story with J allen.

and dont say goodman had 5 ints...PLZ. 1 was overthrown, another 1 was overthrown, and 1 was overthrown again...2 by favre were overthrown, 1 vs the rams overthrown....thats not making a play on the ball thats just fielding a hail marry.

the only INT i rem from him where i said wow nice play was vs the texans where he basically flipped over the WR during the INT.

Wow! Otogwe would be very great news. This would afford us to pass on using the #44 pick on Delmas and allow us to use it on a CB or NT.

yes.
and dont hate on goodman..
good coverage causes bad throws

lmao right...

....so favre INT weren't b/c of bad decisions or overthrowns or in 234234 coverage but b/c he has faced ELITE DBs throughout his career....

:lol:

the guy would be a great pick up and i agree with everything you say but dont act like he is coming cheap but i think he has the potential to be an ed reed, troy polumalu, or reggie nelson if you have noticed most successful safeties have the help of great d lines that all those players have (07 jags season) so i think the guy would be a great player but if we dont get more pressure on the qb we will not get as much bang for our buck

6 FF and 5 INT? sign me up...oh and he goes up and locates the ball n 'grabs it...something NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ONE in our secondary can do but j allen and we all know the story with J allen.

and dont say goodman had 5 ints...PLZ. 1 was overthrown, another 1 was overthrown, and 1 was overthrown again...2 by favre were overthrown, 1 vs the rams overthrown....thats not making a play on the ball thats just fielding a hail marry.

the only INT i rem from him where i said wow nice play was vs the texans where he basically flipped over the WR during the INT.

Man, usually I agree with you, but come on .. clowning on Goodman for getting easy picks? At least he gets them, everyone else on our roster has a hard time at getting those " easy picks ".

would love to pick up atogwe....good old Canadian boy....and ya to comment on an earlier post....our secondary the last couple of years has had the worst hands......

Back
Top Bottom