Merged: The Official OJ Atogwe Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official OJ Atogwe Thread

If we are going to sign one big ticket free agent I hope this is the guy. Resign Carey and Crowder and sign this guy that would really help us as a team. Then maybe go after Mcfadden and Bodden for the secondary. Good teams build from the draft and make smart free agent moves. Not giving guys 23 million guararnteed that have yet to prove anything for u.

From a Rams fan perspective, I'm really hoping the Rams keep him. He's obviously a ball hawk, but the downside to him is that he's not great in coverage, and he does miss a lot of tackles. A team with a good pass rush/LB core would very much help compensate for those two deficiencies. Just my $.02

You know, I think the Fins just might have the money to pick up Asomugha, Otogwe, and sign draft picks. Get rid of Holliday and the money is definitely there.

Jesus H Christ jumping on a pogo stick, nobody would pass on us with that secondary. Hell, nobody would run on us, either, because we'd be bringing seven every time.

If he doesn't cost us to much, i think we could land him.

If he doesn't cost us to much, i think we could land him.

You guys don't get it, do you? This kid's going to be the best safety in the league at some point and we're going to look like ***** if we don't land him because of a few million, especially since after this upcoming season it's all about how deep the owner will dig into his pockets.

You know, I think the Fins just might have the money to pick up Asomugha, Otogwe, and sign draft picks. Get rid of Holliday and the money is definitely there.

Jesus H Christ jumping on a pogo stick, nobody would pass on us with that secondary. Hell, nobody would run on us, either, because we'd be bringing seven every time.

get out of dream land. we wont sign either, because nether will be available. and even if they were we prolly wouldnt get one, nevermind both.

lmao right...

....so favre INT weren't b/c of bad decisions or overthrowns or in 234234 coverage but b/c he has faced ELITE DBs throughout his career....

:lol:

yes thats exactly what i said.. i said every int ever thrown in high school college or the nfl is because of elite db's. finally someone understands my quotes..
:lol2:

Kudos to being one of the few on these forums who can spell a tough name right.

The one thing that concerns me about Atogwe is that this year he had 5 PD and 5 INTs. That means that while he picked every ball he could get his hands on, he only got his hands on 5 balls.

Kudos to being one of the few on these forums who can spell a tough name right.

The one thing that concerns me about Atogwe is that this year he had 5 PD and 5 INTs. That means that while he picked every ball he could get his hands on, he only got his hands on 5 balls.
I agree, but a lot of that could have to do with the fact that their defense just sucked in general. He was probably a little easier to avoid.

i think SS is the #2 position needing adressed on this team.. if we can sign him i would be very greatful

get out of dream land. we wont sign either, because nether will be available. and even if they were we prolly wouldnt get one, nevermind both.

The Faiders are eight million under the cap, that's not enough to franchise Asomugha. The Rams could franchise Otogwe, but it would only leave them with roughly five million to sign free agents and draft picks, which is not enough considering they have to sign yet another high first round pick.

There are very few teams that are more attractive than Miami, have as much or more cap space, and have needs in the defensive backfield. If we cut ties with Holliday (which would free up roughly 8 million), that number would be reduced to none.

The Faiders are eight million under the cap, that's not enough to franchise Asomugha. The Rams could franchise Otogwe, but it would only leave them with roughly five million to sign free agents and draft picks, which is not enough considering they have to sign yet another high first round pick.

There are very few teams that are more attractive than Miami, have as much or more cap space, and have needs in the defensive backfield. If we cut ties with Holliday (which would free up roughly 8 million), that number would be reduced to none.

i didnt realize that thanks. i can see them leaving now, but i just dont know if we are the type of team to give big contracts to skill players. i would love to but i dont know if itll happen. otogwe is a great FS, but he will be extremely overpayed in FA. Nambdi is the best CB in the NFL, and has been for 2 years. he deserves his money, but i think some team will break the bank for him and i dont know if we are willing to do that. if we could either one i would be siked, if we could get both, which i still dont believe we would (not could) i would have to change my pants. thanks for the insight tho

Back
Top Bottom