Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

Good. I dont want Green. Take 15yrs off him then maybe. Lets go for Quinn! Im not saying hes going to be the answer but if we can get him and improve on our O-Line with the draft then surely with our D being solid it must be worth going for a Franchise QB. Chambers, Booker, Hagan will do ok. TE is a ? but we may get some playing time with Martin. Our running game will be good with Brown, Williams but for the love of Shula lets get a QB we can work with!!!

Cpep was never finished in first place.

Exactly! Green was only being considered as Culpepper's backup. The Green replacing Culpepper was just an idiotic idea that some columnist proposed.

I don't get some people. I understand some people are born at night. But I had no idea that they were born "last" night. :rolleyes2

Exactly! Green was only being considered as Culpepper's backup.

If Miami was to sign Green, he would be coming to Miami to start. There's no way he'd back up Culpepper. Culpepper would be gone....

The Green replacing Culpepper was just an idiotic idea that some columnist proposed.

In your opinion it was idiotic....

In mine, it was a very interesting proposal, and it still is today. We could get Green for very little, and then draft a young Qb to groom him for a year. The idea of bringing in Green was based on the fact that he's very familiar with Qb coach T. Shea / and the offensive system that Cameron is installing....

I don't get some people. I understand some people are born at night. But I had no idea that they were born "last" night. :rolleyes2

Did you write that one??.....:p4e:

PHINZ RULE!!!

Good. I dont want Green. Take 15yrs off him then maybe. Lets go for Quinn! Im not saying hes going to be the answer but if we can get him and improve on our O-Line with the draft then surely with our D being solid it must be worth going for a Franchise QB. Chambers, Booker, Hagan will do ok. TE is a ? but we may get some playing time with Martin. Our running game will be good with Brown, Williams but for the love of Shula lets get a QB we can work with!!!

Exactly. He is a dinosaur, nuff said.

According to many on this site, he was (and still is) finished. That's something I just don't understand. If we hope to be competative next year, a healthy CPep is a must, yet many fans are writing him off as if there is no chance whatsoever he'll ever return. I don't think the Fins were ever really interested in acquiring Green in the first place. Reports are that the Chiefs contacted us, not the other way around. I feel many merely speculated that we would be interested, given Cam's history with Green.

First off let me say that I want Cpep to return and win the MVP, and get a ring next year. But when you tear your acl,mcl,and pcl, your chances are not to good.

make the trade happen cam/randy with the lions move up to number 2 and select finally our franchise qb brady quinn.........

trent green will get cut from kc you watch and he will be a fin!

trent green will get cut from kc you watch and he will be a fin!

And you are prepared to sacrifice the chance of us going for a QB in the Draft if we draft an Over-hyped over aged QB who has at best 1 yr left in the tank? No thanks.

And you are prepared to sacrifice the chance of us going for a QB in the Draft if we draft an Over-hyped over aged QB who has at best 1 yr left in the tank? No thanks.

That's the whole idea behind signing Green. Draft a young Qb, and let him learn behind Green for a year. Green knows the system that Cameron is installing, and I'd much rather have someone like Quinn / Stanton learning from Green than Culpepper....

That's just my opinion...

PHINZ RULE!!!

I think Kevin Kolb is going to be a good QB, and better than Stanton....I would draft him in the 4th round if he is there....if not, then we probably are going to have to go with DC, Lemon and sign a veteran who has been cast off. I don't think we can give up draft picks.

IMO this whole green stuff was fabricated by the dot-connecting media anyways. you know- green's available, cpep didn't play well last year, green played for cam, the fins hafta want him, blahzay yadda. when the smoke clears, cpep w/ still be our starter.

Does anyone think that Green might be asking for quite a few million $$$ a season? I mean his contract with KC is for over $7 mills these year and $9 mills next year...

I believe that has to do with the Dolphin's being maybe hesitant with the negotiations. Also the fact that when Green came back he did struggled alot...

I agree....

seems lately all we do on these boards is speculate, than some people read way too much into it and than you have good old fashioned arguments and I think one dude even got banned over the whole deal.

cpep will be fine.

I have said all along green isn't coming here.

:dolphins:

agreed-it wasnt feesable to have both of them on the roster and then suposedly go after one of the higher priced rookies-it didnt make sense

Back
Top Bottom