Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

That's the whole idea behind signing Green. Draft a young Qb, and let him learn behind Green for a year. Green knows the system that Cameron is installing, and I'd much rather have someone like Quinn / Stanton learning from Green than Culpepper....

That's just my opinion...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Thats my point if you scroll up. I want to see us draft a rookie. Let him learn the ropes. What i dont want to see is Green, Lemon and a 4th round nobody. I want Quinn or Stanton at worst. I want to see the Fins get a Franchise future QB Blitz and not another no-hoper QB.

Thats my point if you scroll up. I want to see us draft a rookie. Let him learn the ropes. What i dont want to see is Green, Lemon and a 4th round nobody. I want Quinn or Stanton at worst. I want to see the Fins get a Franchise future QB Blitz and not another no-hoper QB.

Signing Green wont prevent us from drafting either Quinn / Stanton. If fact, it would more than likely boost those chances of happening in my opinion. Green would not be a long term answer, but considering he's already familiar with the system, he'd be the perfect Qb to help bring either one those two Qb's along....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

According to many on this site, he was (and still is) finished. That's something I just don't understand. If we hope to be competative next year, a healthy CPep is a must, yet many fans are writing him off as if there is no chance whatsoever he'll ever return. I don't think the Fins were ever really interested in acquiring Green in the first place. Reports are that the Chiefs contacted us, not the other way around. I feel many merely speculated that we would be interested, given Cam's history with Green.

Well with the rumors circulating that the Phins were interested in Green don't some of you think some other teams would have put out feelers for DC? I haven't seen a single confirmed or unconfirmed rumor that ANY team has even a remote interest in DC. That in and of itself is bothersome.
Secondly, I think the Raiders are targeting CJ with the 1st pick rather than Russell. They are talking trade with the Packers (Moss for Aaron Rodgers). So rather than trying to swing a trade for DC (who would be a better fit for the Raiders' vertical passing game) they are considering Rodgers. That in and of itself is scary.
It's not just some of the fans on this site who think DC is finished. Apparently every FO in the NFL thinks so too. Nobody seems to want anything to do with him, yet some on this site think he's going to light up the league in 2007.

Well with the rumors circulating that the Phins were interested in Green don't some of you think some other teams would have put out feelers for DC? I haven't seen a single confirmed or unconfirmed rumor that ANY team has even a remote interest in DC. That in and of itself is bothersome.
Secondly, I think the Raiders are targeting CJ with the 1st pick rather than Russell. They are talking trade with the Packers (Moss for Aaron Rodgers). So rather than trying to swing a trade for DC (who would be a better fit for the Raiders' vertical passing game) they are considering Rodgers. That in and of itself is scary.
It's not just some of the fans on this site who think DC is finished. Apparently every FO in the NFL thinks so too. Nobody seems to want anything to do with him, yet some on this site think he's going to light up the league in 2007.
To answer your question in a word, no. The Fins (Cam or Randy) haven't expressed any interest in acquiring Green, at least not any that I've seen or read. That being the case, why would a team even think DC was on the trade block? Again, DC being available is something I haven't seen or read. By your logic, Ronnie Brown must be washed up because we haven't seen any trade offers for him, while the entire league knows there is an excellent chance (a greater chance than Green's arrival in Miami) that Ricky Williams will be back in the mix next year.
As far as the Raiders talking trade with the Packers (Moss for Rodgers), ESPN is reporting otherwise (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2803272). So much for that theory...:D

Every FO in the league thinks so too?

Please go bring me articles from every front office that say this:sidelol:

If Miami was to sign Green, he would be coming to Miami to start. There's no way he'd back up Culpepper. Culpepper would be gone....

In your opinion it was idiotic....

In mine, it was a very interesting proposal, and it still is today. We could get Green for very little, and then draft a young Qb to groom him for a year. The idea of bringing in Green was based on the fact that he's very familiar with Qb coach T. Shea / and the offensive system that Cameron is installing....

Did you write that one??.....:p4e:

PHINZ RULE!!!

Green's all done...IMO, bringing him in to a division as tough as the AFC east when he's a concussion or two away from retirement would be a tragically foolish move...i'm no culpepper fan, but Green's not the answer.

i am happy with cleo vs daunte this year, outside of a QB falling close to nine, you are going to get one in the third or fourth round, those guys are not going to play right away,

To answer your question in a word, no. The Fins (Cam or Randy) haven't expressed any interest in acquiring Green, at least not any that I've seen or read. That being the case, why would a team even think DC was on the trade block? Again, DC being available is something I haven't seen or read. By your logic, Ronnie Brown must be washed up because we haven't seen any trade offers for him, while the entire league knows there is an excellent chance (a greater chance than Green's arrival in Miami) that Ricky Williams will be back in the mix next year.
As far as the Raiders talking trade with the Packers (Moss for Rodgers), ESPN is reporting otherwise (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2803272). So much for that theory...:D

If there were rumors floating around that the Phins had been interested in Ahman Green or Edgerrin James last season I believe some teams would have at the very least inquired about the availability of Ronnie Brown. Doesn't mean it would have amounted to anything.
There were rumors for about a week associating Green with the Dolphins and even blogs in the So Fla newspapers questioning DC's security with the team.
There are several teams that could use a QB (Cleveland, Oakland, Houston?).
I think its a little odd that there wasn't even an unsubstantiated rumor that a team had inquired about DC.
You can put your head in the sand, but I believe there are some legitimate concerns with this coaching staff/ FO about DC's ability to run this offense, for whatever reason. They are keeping it close to the vest.

Every FO in the league thinks so too?

Please go bring me articles from every front office that say this:sidelol:

It's an assumption on my part. You can laugh all you want, but I think Mueller would rather cover all bases rather than rely on a big question mark like DC.

If there were rumors floating around that the Phins had been interested in Ahman Green or Edgerrin James last season I believe some teams would have at the very least inquired about the availability of Ronnie Brown. Doesn't mean it would have amounted to anything.
There were rumors for about a week associating Green with the Dolphins and even blogs in the So Fla newspapers questioning DC's security with the team.
There are several teams that could use a QB (Cleveland, Oakland, Houston?).
I think its a little odd that there wasn't even an unsubstantiated rumor that a team had inquired about DC.
You can put your head in the sand, but I believe there are some legitimate concerns with this coaching staff/ FO about DC's ability to run this offense, for whatever reason. They are keeping it close to the vest.
It's called speculation. Nothing substanciated, just speculation in a time when there's not much else to write about. BTW, there was speculation about Edge coming here last year, albeit minimal. Most people knew not to put too much credence into in though. I guess this year with CPep it's different.

Signing Green wont prevent us from drafting either Quinn / Stanton. If fact, it would more than likely boost those chances of happening in my opinion. Green would not be a long term answer, but considering he's already familiar with the system, he'd be the perfect Qb to help bring either one those two Qb's along....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

great idea blitz....trade away whatever picks it would take to get green on board, than turn around and trade up and loose however many MORE picks to get either quinn or stanton.
quinn isn't going to fall to nine, and stanton will be gone by our 2A pick.
therefore we would definately have to trade up to get either...

Let's just trade half our draft away this year so we can get two qb's and fill no other holes. I love the idea!!!

Damn these boards just keep getting better... now our qb definately sux because we haven't heard of any teams being interested in a guy we aren't even trying to trade away.
WTF is going on around here lately?????

great idea blitz....trade away whatever picks it would take to get green on board, than turn around and trade up and loose however many MORE picks to get either quinn or stanton.
quinn isn't going to fall to nine, and stanton will be gone by our 2A pick.
therefore we would definately have to trade up to get either...

Let's just trade half our draft away this year so we can get two qb's and fill no other holes. I love the idea!!!

We don't even know what the Chiefs would want in return for Green. For all we know, we could trade them a 7th rounder for him. If that's the case, what's so horrible about that?? Let's just wait and see what they are willing to accept before closing the door completely....

So let's say Quinn most likely isn't an opinion at #9, so we pass on Quinn. Stanton surely would be in the 2nd round {without trading up}. We would then be using up a 7th / 2nd round pick for two Qb's....

How does that translate into half of our draft picks?? It's only two....

We would still have the #9 pick in the first round, along six other draft picks at our disposal to fill holes. You make it sound like we'd be dealing our entire draft in order to get two Qb's, when in reality, it would only be two picks....

Damn these boards just keep getting better... now our qb definately sux because we haven't heard of any teams being interested in a guy we aren't even trying to trade away.

Maybe Cameron / Mueller aren't ready to try and trade / release him yet. Maybe they're going to wait and see how he does in the upcoming Qb camps before making a final decision....

That would be the smart thing to do, and I would do the same. However, I still have a feeling that Cameron / Mueller will look for someone other than Culpepper to start for the Phinz this year. That's just my opinion, and it's based on the way things have been unfolding this off-season, and all of the talk about Miami looking at every Qb option available to them. Maybe most of it is just rumors, but there's an extremely large amount of talk going on these days....
WTF is going on around here lately?????

In regards to the Qb situation?? The same thing that was going on a year ago. We are no closer to solving our Qb issues now than we were then....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Trent Green

What's the latest on Trent Green? Is he still Miami bound?

t1_trentgreen_si-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom