Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

The Dolphins' interest in Kansas City quarterback Trent Green, 36 and coming off an injury-marred season, seems to have cooled, leaving the feeling that Miami's next significant moves could come during the April 28-29 draft.

Draft may be next big move for Dolphins

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/03/18/a2b_dolphins_0318.html

Maybe Culpepper is not finished as rumored.:D
c-pep is gonna be the man here im pretty sure!:D

We don't even know what the Chiefs would want in return for Green. For all we know, we could trade them a 7th rounder for him. If that's the case, what's so horrible about that?? Let's just wait and see what they are willing to accept before closing the door completely....

So let's say Quinn most likely isn't an opinion at #9, so we pass on Quinn. Stanton surely would be in the 2nd round {without trading up}. We would then be using up a 7th / 2nd round pick for two Qb's....

How does that translate into half of our draft picks?? It's only two....

We would still have the #9 pick in the first round, along six other draft picks at our disposal to fill holes. You make it sound like we'd be dealing our entire draft in order to get two Qb's, when in reality, it would only be two picks....

Maybe Cameron / Mueller aren't ready to try and trade / release him yet. Maybe they're going to wait and see how he does in the upcoming Qb camps before making a final decision....

That would be the smart thing to do, and I would do the same. However, I still have a feeling that Cameron / Mueller will look for someone other than Culpepper to start for the Phinz this year. That's just my opinion, and it's based on the way things have been unfolding this off-season, and all of the talk about Miami looking at every Qb option available to them. Maybe most of it is just rumors, but there's an extremely large amount of talk going on these days....

In regards to the Qb situation?? The same thing that was going on a year ago. We are no closer to solving our Qb issues now than we were then....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

WE are not trying to trade for green, WE were contacted not the other way around. A 7th rounder... good god get real. If that's all they want than certainly they think he is DONE.

The talk on stanton after the combine and his pro day is that he probably won't be available in the second. IF we make it public that we are targeting him, certainly somebody in the league would try to block us and get some picks out of us. The chances of us wanting to use our 2A on him and him actually being available is SLIM to NONE.

I haven't heard randycam make one comment about trading/releasing cpep.
All I have heard, is writers for newspapers speculating so they can fill a column on there newspaper and collect a paycheck. I can't bring myself to form up an opinion on some dude who doesn't know anything more than my 3 month old daughter.

The wtf comment was intended for the dude who couldn't hardly believe we haven't garnered any interest for cpep. A guy who we AREN'T trying to shop.

it's refreshing to see most you guys seem to see things clearly...trading you're draft picks for a , mediocre, brittle, older QB would just be plain foolish...IMO, only a casual observer of the game could think this would make any sense at all.

it's refreshing to see most you guys seem to see things clearly...trading you're draft picks for a , mediocre, brittle, older QB would just be plain foolish...IMO, only a casual observer of the game could think this would make any sense at all.

well said.:dolphins:

their cutting him anyway. just wait on this one.

Bringing in someone who is familiar with Cam's offensive system is a plus. I guess in that sense Trent Green would be good for us. But no way we give up a draft pick higher than a 7th or if he gets cut, take chance. Look at it this way, do you see Cam putting his football reputation on the line with a 7 mil pegleg QB or a 7mil concussion waiting to happen? :sidelol: To me, neither is a great option but I know we will be drafting a young QB come April and i hope we dont give away any more picks to do it.

Back
Top Bottom