Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Merged: The Official Trent Green Thread

I really hope we dont even think of giving anything more than a 6th

http://www.miamiherald.com/614/story/52962.html

''Trent is a Pro Bowl quarterback, he's thrown for 30,000 yards, he's a quality individual,'' Chiefs president Carl Peterson said. ``He's worth more than a seventh-round pick.''

Peterson forgot two of the most important things concerning Green. He'll be 37 before next season and he's coming off what Peterson himself said is a very, very severe concussion.

Maybe Green is worth more than a seventh-round pick. How about a sixth?

Peterson forgot two of the most important things concerning Green. He'll be 37 before next season and he's coming off what Peterson himself said is a very, very severe concussion.

Man, I think the Chiefs just screwed Green with that. I wouldn't think that even Matt Millen would be so dumb as to give up a 2nd for Green. I'll bet we end up with Carr and Green ends up involved in a soap opera with KC.
In fact, it's a pretty crappy thing to do to Green IMO. Surely they look at Croyle as their QB for the (near) future, with Huard being the so called caretaker. Obviously Green feels he's got some years left and believes he can start. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to facilitate a transition for the guy. An unhappy Green on their roster is going to provide a big distraction and probably divide the locker room.

More importantly, if Green is a pro-bowl quarterback with so much value, why are the Chiefs going to Damien Huard? I mean Damion Huard -said very much in the same tone as Jim Mora would say playoffs or Alan Iverson would say practice-? You've got to be kiddin' me, right?
If the Phins give up anything more than a seventh, I will be very disapointed in Mueller. I'd rather see the Phins just wait and let the Chiefs cut Trent. They obviously have no interest in retaining him. If we can't get a seventh for McMike, who does not play as pivotal of a positon as Green, but who is much younger and in his prime, then it behooves the Dolphins' brass to sit tight and be patient on this one.

Green is garbage,look how badly he played against the colts. Keep him hes old ,we need a younger QB like Carr.

They don't want just a second round pick but an additional conditional pick with it. They must be crazy.

The scary thing is under Wannstedt/Spielman the deal would have been done.

chiefs want second round pick for green?

this is in today's miami hearld the chiefs now want a second round pick in return ........i say no way hold out randy/cam force peterson and chiefs to release him no team is going to give them a second for green...the dolphins are currently offering a 7th......i would go after him when he is released only in the meantime david carr is free sign him up!!!!!!!:dolphins: go dolphins2007!!!!!!

let them keep that dinosaur... us trading our second rounder for a qb has never quite panned out yet... IE Feeley and Culpepper. Plus his asking price should be lower now that Carr is free

this is in today's miami hearld the chiefs now want a second round pick in return ........i say no way hold out randy/cam force peterson and chiefs to release him no team is going to give them a second for green...the dolphins are currently offering a 7th......i would go after him when he is released only in the meantime david carr is free sign him up!!!!!!!:dolphins: go dolphins2007!!!!!!

???? A second round draft pick. Are they on crack?!

There is no way I would offer a second round pick for Green. Maybe if Wanny was here he would give away those picks but I hope Cam is smarter than that!

They're out of their freaking minds!!!!!!! A 2nd lol IMO its bad enough we have to cough up a draft pick for him 7th, when Carr is out there for no compensation due to the Texans. They can keep him I want to see them pay up when the time comes isn't he due the big bucks this year?

Back
Top Bottom